Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] dabnabbitt2@gmail.com is offline

Default Blitzsafe adapter problems for Ipod 5g

I bought a blitzsafe adapter from logjam electronics for my new 5g
ipod. This is the one for 1998 toyota camry. the thing connected to
the back of the stereo and to my ipod just fine. I turned it on and it
started playing though the stereo via the CD input. All of a sudden
however I smelled burning and saw some ooze dripping down the ipod
connector. I disconnected right away and the ipod fortunately
restarted, albiet after a long boot cycle (maybe some safety restart
mode?). I thought that maybe it was just some material on the
connector that was burning off so I reconnected. This time it would
not play at all, only a high pitched sound. Needless to say, I am
returning this thing.

I would avoid direct blitzsafe to ipod connector, unless you want to
fry your ipod!