Posted to rec.audio.tech,uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.digital-tv
Kevin

Default Wall Plates for embedded speaker cables

Does anyone know of a retailer that sells flush mounted wall plates
that fit standard banana plug terminals? I wish to embedd my speaker
cables in the walls of my living room. I would like to terminate the
speaker cables as flush mounted sockets to fit standard banana plug
terminators. This will allow the room to have a clean look which will
please the other half.

The speaker cables will be embedded in trunking starting with a plate
directly behind my system, run behind the skirting then via a
T-junction, up the wall to the front left and right speakers; the rear
surrounds will continue behind the skirting then vertically up to their
mounting positions.

Does anyone have experience of doing this and/or have any horror
stories to stop me re-inventing the wheel? Any help and advice would be
appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.digital-tv
Nigel Molesworth

On 29 Dec 2005 04:10:15 -0800, Kevin wrote:

Does anyone have experience of doing this and/or have any horror
stories to stop me re-inventing the wheel? Any help and advice would be
appreciated.

I did this in my last house, 15 years ago. I don't know if you can buy
"banana plates" but they are really easy to make: just buy some banana
terminals and some blank wall plates - preferably PVC as these are
easier to drill.

An alternative (in my new house) is to get hold of some US style AC
wall sockets. These are just as good as banana plugs, unless you are
the type of Hi-Fi buff with a gold plated mains plug ;-)

--
Nigel M
Posted to rec.audio.tech,uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.digital-tv
Richard Crowley

"Kevin" [presumably in the UK] wrote ...
Does anyone know of a retailer that sells flush mounted
wall plates that fit standard banana plug terminals?

In the USA, www.partsexpress.com sells them in a variety
of configurations from single channel to 7.1 Likely also
www.markertek.com and even www.radioshack.com
Posted to rec.audio.tech,uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.digital-tv
spiney

speaker wallplate, banana plugs:

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...=AV06736&N=411
..

Posted to rec.audio.tech,uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.digital-tv
Bruce Burke

wrote:

[...]

Gotta love Google....

http://www.accessories4less.com/cgi-bin/item/HT400
Regards,

Bruce
Hitting reply is futile, use the following:
).

Posted to rec.audio.tech,uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.digital-tv
Bruce Burke

wrote:

[...]

Here's another:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=261-352
Regards,

Bruce
Hitting reply is futile, use the following:
).
Posted to rec.audio.tech,uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.digital-tv
ady2°°5©

"Kevin" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

heres a uk option

http://www.hifistore.co.uk/category.php?qsCat=INWALL

Posted to rec.audio.tech,uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
ady2°°5© wrote:
heres a uk option

http://www.hifistore.co.uk/category.php?qsCat=INWALL

At 7.49 I'd rather make my own - and have the choice of a blank plate to
match the other wiring accessories in the room. But FWIW, I'd use a
Speakon rather than banana plugs anyway.

--
*Great groups from little icons grow *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to rec.audio.tech,uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.digital-tv
Kevin

Dave, I'm going to show my ignorance and ask, what's a Speakon?

Kevin.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
Kevin wrote:
Dave, I'm going to show my ignorance and ask, what's a Speakon?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...=22434&doy=3m1

One of the best connectors ever made. They're virtually indestructible.

--
*Why is it that to stop Windows 95, you have to click on "Start"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,uk.media.home-cinema,uk.tech.digital-tv
jakdedert

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article .com,
Kevin wrote:

Dave, I'm going to show my ignorance and ask, what's a Speakon?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...=22434&doy=3m1

One of the best connectors ever made. They're virtually indestructible.

At least since they quit puttting those stupid metal locking tabs on,
and went to the plastic twist collar....

jak

Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 05:17 PM
Recessed speaker wall plates? Doug Carr Tech 2 March 9th 05 04:59 AM
FS: Audio Cables & Adapter Cables [email protected] Pro Audio 0 February 28th 05 05:35 PM