Andy Eng

Default Little bitty switches on Motu Traveler ?!?!?!

So I finally get an upclose look at one of these machines and of all
things, the phantom power switches are these little bitty rascals that
I've seen break on various pieces of equipment over the years.

Sigh...

hank alrich

Andy Eng wrote:

So I finally get an upclose look at one of these machines and of all
things, the phantom power switches are these little bitty rascals that
I've seen break on various pieces of equipment over the years.

Sigh...

The phantom switches on the Metric Halo MIO are software buttons in the
Console app. Pretty hard to break off. I haven't seen the Traveler but
I'm thinking build quality of the MIO probably trumps it, based on the
build of other MOTU kit I've seen.

--
ha

Well, the tax return and cash on hand is only so much this year and
I'm wanting to also take the plunge and get an Apple power bood w/
either DP4.5 or Logic Express leaving so much for the I/O. Even if the
dough does come around later , I run the risk of the Mrs. deciding to
spend the money on wallpaper !@#$%^&

Best,
Andy
- semipro

hank alrich

Well, the tax return and cash on hand is only so much this year and
I'm wanting to also take the plunge and get an Apple power bood w/
either DP4.5 or Logic Express leaving so much for the I/O. Even if the
dough does come around later , I run the risk of the Mrs. deciding to
spend the money on wallpaper !@#$%^&

Then nevermind a computer audio interface. You have communication
issues. If they can't be resolved with roses and chocolate y'all better
start talking. The crux is she must appreciate that you want to record,
and you must appreciate the wallpaper. If all this isn't on the table
there's other, deeper stuff lurking in a closet.

--
ha
DScott

Now THAT's one of the smartest things I've heard in a long time!

One of the best things I've ever done was to take money that I'd been saving
for a computer and instead buy my wife an emerald/diamond ring she had
expressed an interest in. I gave it to her on a Saturday morning while she
was working on the laundry, there was no special occasion. After that, SHE
was the one who wanted me to go get the computer! That was years back, and
the computer is long gone. She still wears the ring, and she's still my
greatest fan.

"hank alrich" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:

Well, the tax return and cash on hand is only so much this year and
I'm wanting to also take the plunge and get an Apple power bood w/
either DP4.5 or Logic Express leaving so much for the I/O. Even if the
dough does come around later , I run the risk of the Mrs. deciding to
spend the money on wallpaper !@#$%^&

Then nevermind a computer audio interface. You have communication
issues. If they can't be resolved with roses and chocolate y'all better
start talking. The crux is she must appreciate that you want to record,
and you must appreciate the wallpaper. If all this isn't on the table
there's other, deeper stuff lurking in a closet.

--
ha

Motu Software Help! [email protected] Pro Audio 12 February 10th 05 05:33 PM
MOTU problems Owens Pro Audio 7 November 24th 04 10:17 PM
MOTU problems Owens Pro Audio 0 November 23rd 04 07:43 AM
MOTU Traveler bayydogg Pro Audio 6 November 17th 04 06:39 PM
MOTU Traveler bayydogg Pro Audio 0 November 17th 04 12:07 AM