Default How to bypass lockout on Pioneer nav systems

OK, we figured out the real way to bypass the lockouts on the new
Pioneer nav systems. It is real simple, and does not require any
complex switches or anything. This bypass will do two things:
1. Makes all nav functions available while driving (just like they
should be)
2. Make video playback available while driving

AVIC-N2: Underneath the unit is a small silver sticker, peel this
back. There are two contacts with the label "R197". Drop a bit of
solder between these to connect them.

AVIC-D1: Find an extra Pioneer wire harness, and pull one of the wires
out. In the AVIC-D1 harness, there is one open spot on the connector.
Put this wire into the open spot on the connector, connect it to
ground, then re-connect the plug to the AVIC-D1.

Thats it, real easy.

This sounds interesting, but I am not familiar with all the wiring
behind the scenes, other than looking at the device before they hooked
it up. Which harness are you referring to on the AVIC-D1?

renegadeejay

i just installed one of these in an ' 05 Expedition.. and you just saved
me a whole lot of trial and error...much appreciated...where do you
live / work? keep in touch in this forum... we can trade secrets from
time to time.

-J

--
renegadeejay
renegadeejay's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=35937

Glad to help. Alot of people want to know about this, but it should be
free - not sold as an ebay scam. So get the word out.

I got alot of emails from people that are now using this, it works, it
definitely works people! If you haven't tried it, go ahead, its easy.

Just to clarify the instructions:

AVIC-N2 lockout bypass: Underneath the MAIN unit (not the hideaway) is
a small silver sticker, peel this back. There are two contacts with
the label "R197". Drop a bit of solder between these to connect them.
Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire.

AVIC-D1 lockout bypass: Find an extra Pioneer wire harness, and pull
one of the wires out. Or, if you do not use the A.ANT lead, pull that
out of the harness. In the AVIC-D1 harness, there is one open spot on
the connector (next to the ground wire). Put this wire into the open
spot on the connector, connect the other side to ground, then
re-connect the plug to the AVIC-D1. Also, you must ground the Parking
Brake wire.

Thats it, all there is to it, and all the lockouts are bypassed. In
fact, you do not even get the "parking brake" warning anymore.

miamijdm

thanks for the info, im definately looking forward to doing this. I
opened up one of the avic n2's that I had on my shelf today but did not
find that silver sticker. I did find a silver plate held in with 2
screws though. I took the screws out and there was just a ribbon cable
located there.. Any thoughts?

--
miamijdm
miamijdm's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=36110

secur-it secur-it is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
OK, we figured out the real way to bypass the lockouts on the new
Pioneer nav systems. It is real simple, and does not require any
complex switches or anything. This bypass will do two things:
1. Makes all nav functions available while driving (just like they
should be)
2. Make video playback available while driving

AVIC-N2: Underneath the unit is a small silver sticker, peel this
back. There are two contacts with the label "R197". Drop a bit of
solder between these to connect them.

AVIC-D1: Find an extra Pioneer wire harness, and pull one of the wires
out. In the AVIC-D1 harness, there is one open spot on the connector.
Put this wire into the open spot on the connector, connect it to
ground, then re-connect the plug to the AVIC-D1.

Thats it, real easy.
can d1 play dvd,s i was told it can.do you know how to do this.

Last edited by secur-it : August 16th 05 at 07:37 PM
drew22mader

Someone on a different forum said that he tried this and his N2 wouldn't
work, he had to remove the solder and finally the N2 would work. Has
anyone else ruined their N2 or messed it up?

--
drew22mader
drew22mader's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=36129