Posted to rec.audio.pro
Raw-Tracks Raw-Tracks is offline
Senior Member

Default Patchbay Grounding Issues

I just finished wiring up an ADC TT bay in my rack. In testing, I find I
have a few grounding issues. I've got several channel strips wired in to
the patchbay. Each one has both a line and mic level input. I've wired
both the line and the mic inputs to the patchbay. I find that when go
into the line input, I have a high level 60 cycle hum.

The mic inputs seem to be OK, so far.

The bay is laid out as follows: The left half is for my preamp i/o's and
the right side are sends and returns from my DAW. The grounds are not
bussed together on the right side, but both rows on the left side are
bussed together.

Is my problem due the fact the grounds on the line level inputs to my
channel strips are bussed together? I bought the bay used and it came
with the grounds bussed on the left hand side, so I left it that way.
It's my understanding that you want the grounds bussed on the mic
inputs, something to do with phantom power. Do you bus the output
grounds of the preamps as well? What about the line inputs?

Any helpful input is appreciated.

--
Eric

Practice Your Mixing Skills
Download Our Multi-Track Masters
www.Raw-Tracks.com
www.Mad-Host.com

Grounding Issues or What? (From RMMGA: "Luthiery shop lost.") hank alrich Pro Audio 1 August 11th 06 11:30 PM
Grounding issues with new install fookgub Car Audio 2 April 11th 06 05:40 PM
Grounding geoley Pro Audio 4 November 3rd 05 10:18 AM
2001 Tahoe LT Delco CD Player Issues + Possible Tape Player Issues Alucard Car Audio 0 August 29th 03 08:05 PM
Patchbay Grounding - Will this work? Chris Pro Audio 1 August 21st 03 09:26 PM