Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rob Aries Rob Aries is offline

Default Proof: Sony makes the best VU meter lights!

If you have a few minutes to kill, you might be entertained by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1-ir315og
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mark Mark is offline

On Nov 15, 12:10 pm, Rob Aries wrote:
If you have a few minutes to kill, you might be entertained by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1-ir315og

that's wonderful, the celebration of destruction...

just what we need to be teaching our kids...

no wonder this country is so f'd up.

Mark
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Rob Aries wrote:

If you have a few minutes to kill, you might be entertained by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1-ir315og

Maxwell should never have let go of that hammer. Also that machine should
have been properly recycled if discarded.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] votemiles@hotmail.com is offline

On Nov 16, 1:10 am, Rob Aries wrote:
If you have a few minutes to kill, you might be entertained by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1-ir315og

I was kinda hoping the cement block would tip the ladder over,
crushing the two of them instead. Shucks.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Rob Aries" wrote in message

If you have a few minutes to kill, you might be
entertained by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1-ir315og

A little hype? SOTA tape recorder in its day?

The TC 277 was low end mid-fi on the best day of its life!

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Rob Aries" wrote in message

If you have a few minutes to kill, you might be
entertained by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1-ir315og

A little hype? SOTA tape recorder in its day?

The TC 277 was low end mid-fi on the best day of its
life!

Isn't it funny how a lot of us become sentimental with
respect to obsolete gear?

Also, the whole video is a put-on. Hyperbole in the middle of a put-on,
whoda thunk! ;-)

The world moves on. The trick is to know how quickly to
follow.

If I remember the Sony numbering scheme of the day, 2xx meant that it was
2-headed. The 377 would have been the 3-headed version.

I owned a Sony 355, but regrettably traded it in for an Ampex 755. After
that, came my Revox A77.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.classical.recordings
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

As I was going to St. Ives I met a man with seven wives,
Each wife had seven sacks, each sack had seven cats,
Each cat had seven kits: kits, cats, sacks and wives,
How many were going to St. Ives?

There is not enough information to say, and it
could be zero, given that 'I' am none of kits, cats,
sacks, and wives.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Arny Krueger" wrote ...
"Rob Aries" wrote
If you have a few minutes to kill, you might be
entertained by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1-ir315og

A little hype? SOTA tape recorder in its day?

The TC 277 was low end mid-fi on the best day of its life!

The camera operator/narrator said that "its day"
was "back in the '20s". It would have seemed
miraculous back in the 1920s. :-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.classical.recordings
O O is offline

"Rob Aries" wrote in message

If you have a few minutes to kill, you might be
entertained by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1-ir315og

A little hype? SOTA tape recorder in its day?

The TC 277 was low end mid-fi on the best day of its
life!

Isn't it funny how a lot of us become sentimental with
respect to obsolete gear?

Also, the whole video is a put-on. Hyperbole in the middle of a put-on,
whoda thunk! ;-)

The world moves on. The trick is to know how quickly to
follow.

If I remember the Sony numbering scheme of the day, 2xx meant that it was
2-headed. The 377 would have been the 3-headed version.

I owned a Sony 355, but regrettably traded it in for an Ampex 755.

Why would you need a tape recorder with seven heads?

So you could say:

As I was going to St. Ives,
I met a tape recorder with seven heads.

-Owen
Posted to rec.audio.pro
D C[_2_] D C[_2_] is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:

The camera operator/narrator said that "its day"
was "back in the '20s". It would have seemed
miraculous back in the 1920s. :-)

Of course, to the kid with the hammer, the '20's and the '70's are all
the same.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.classical.recordings
Matthew B. Tepper Matthew B. Tepper is offline

I assume that this post will be answered by several red-faced Yosemite Sam
impersonators from rec.audio.pro, each of them hurling invectives at you.

Gad, what a useless newsgroup that must be.

War is Peace. ** Freedom is Slavery. ** It's all Napster's fault!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
david correia david correia is offline

In article ,
Rob Aries wrote:

If you have a few minutes to kill, you might be entertained by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl1-ir315og

I was waiting for the kid bashing in the still powered meters to get
electrocuted.

David Correia
www.Celebrationsound.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.classical.recordings

Matthew B. Tepper wrote:

I assume that this post will be answered by several red-faced
Yosemite Sam impersonators from rec.audio.pro, each of them hurling
invectives at you.

Ah, I get it Matthew, you're the father in the video ... ?

Gad, what a useless newsgroup that must be.

No, you wouldn't have any classical recordings to talk about over your way
without us around.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
D C[_2_] D C[_2_] is offline

david correia wrote:

I was waiting for the kid bashing in the still powered meters to get
electrocuted.

Now that would be an ending.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.classical.recordings
O O is offline

In article ,
Soundhaspriority wrote:

Why would you need a tape recorder with seven heads?

So you could say:

As I was going to St. Ives,
I met a tape recorder with seven heads.

-Owen

As I was going to St. Ives I met a man with seven wives,
Each wife had seven sacks, each sack had seven cats,
Each cat had seven kits: kits, cats, sacks and wives,
How many were going to St. Ives?

Why, the tape recorder, of course!

-Owen

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.classical.recordings
Bob Lombard Bob Lombard is offline

"Tobiah" wrote in message
.. .

As I was going to St. Ives I met a man with seven wives,
Each wife had seven sacks, each sack had seven cats,
Each cat had seven kits: kits, cats, sacks and wives,
How many were going to St. Ives?

There is not enough information to say, and it
could be zero, given that 'I' am none of kits, cats,
sacks, and wives.

-----------
Logically incorrect; the 'I' doesn't have to be you. Common usage has that a
person 'met' is proceeding in the direction opposite yours. If he were going
in your direction it would be 'overtook'. So the 'man' is not going to St.
Ives, and he wife/accouterments problem is immaterial, though it does appear
to be a problem.

bl

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.classical.recordings
Bob Lombard Bob Lombard is offline

"Bob Lombard" wrote in message
"Tobiah" wrote in message
.. .

As I was going to St. Ives I met a man with seven wives,
Each wife had seven sacks, each sack had seven cats,
Each cat had seven kits: kits, cats, sacks and wives,
How many were going to St. Ives?

There is not enough information to say, and it
could be zero, given that 'I' am none of kits, cats,
sacks, and wives.

-----------
Logically incorrect; the 'I' doesn't have to be you. Common usage has that
a person 'met' is proceeding in the direction opposite yours. If he were
going in your direction it would be 'overtook'. So the 'man' is not going
to St. Ives, and he wife/accouterments problem is immaterial, though it
does appear to be a problem.

bl

"he wife/accouterments": the 'he' should be 'the', though 'his' will work.
I am increasingly alarmed by the number of wives , and their burdens. hope I
can sleep tonight.

bl

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.classical.recordings

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:15:27 -0500, Tobiah wrote:

As I was going to St. Ives I met a man with seven wives,
Each wife had seven sacks, each sack had seven cats,
Each cat had seven kits: kits, cats, sacks and wives,
How many were going to St. Ives?

There is not enough information to say, and it
could be zero, given that 'I' am none of kits, cats,
sacks, and wives.

And why should you be?

The usual glib answer is "one", assuming the others were coming FROM
St. Ives. But this is not necessarily implied by "met". You might
have overtaken them, they might have joined you from another path.

There's another one: "If it takes a man a day to dig a hole, how long
does it take two men to dig half a hole?" Glib answer: "There's no
such thing as half a hole!". But, by the terms of the question,
there is.

Lesser examples of this sort of ambiguity turn up all the time in the
box-ticking type of test. It's very unfair to the deeper-thinking
student.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.classical.recordings
Bill Vermillion Bill Vermillion is offline

In article ,
Laurence Payne NOSPAMlpayne1ATdsl.pipex.com wrote:
[...]

Which brings up the question "Can you teach a man-eating tiger
to bite women" [Ernie Kovacs - circa 1958]

Bill
--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

Phase Meter / Difference Meter apa Pro Audio 0 June 2nd 06 05:54 PM
Tascam M3500 VU Meter lights rich Pro Audio 0 December 3rd 05 05:48 PM
Lights Out! chuck Tech 12 June 8th 05 01:26 AM
Can dimming lights blow head lights? Computer Prog Car Audio 19 August 23rd 04 02:14 PM
Now we have proof (was tweaks and proof) Bob Marcus High End Audio 2 July 7th 04 08:11 AM