Scott Colborn

Hello LV,

Looks like a very cool shop ! Looks like a good vibe inside and out. Do
the guys/gals at the dojo run barefoot in the snow - traditional style place
or blackbelts at age 8?

All the best.
Walk in Beauty, Peace. Scott

"Lord Valve" wrote in message

David Axt wrote:

"Mullard" wrote in message
om...
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

Was it ever a Taco Bell?

David

ROFLMBFAO!

Naw. It looks a lot better with the sun shining on it, though.
That appears to have been taken just after we had that
"century" rainstorm last week - two BILLION gallons of
water estimated to have poured on Denver alone - and
when the building gets wet, some of the painted-over
graffiti shows through for awhile. Time to re-spray, I
reckon. The good **** is on the inside, though. Robert
Braught's head tech was though here with his band last
week, and one of his bandmates took a pic of us goofing
around; you can see most of the burn-in amps in back
on the left-hand wall, as well as one of the 12-foot high
shelving units full of Weber, Jensen, and Eminence
speakers. Check it out:

http://www.braught.com/Images/LVgunTom.JPG

Lord Valve
Expert

Miles O'Neal

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 00:16:36 +0000, Lord Valve wrote:

The *worst* thing you can possibly have in a shop fulla tube amps is neon.

See if you can figure out why.

Aw, come on, Willie! It helps you
make sure the amps are *really* quiet.

8^)
Miles O'Neal

Annoyingly, the original photo already
seems to be gone. I cut and pasted the
URL, checked it twice, but 404 not found.
Fooey. Meanwhile:

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:36:20 +0000, Lord Valve wrote:
... Robert Braught's head tech was though here with
his band last week, and one of his bandmates took a pic of us goofing
around; you can see most of the burn-in amps in back on the left-hand
wall, as well as one of the 12-foot high shelving units full of Weber,
Jensen, and Eminence speakers. Check it out:

http://www.braught.com/Images/LVgunTom.JPG

OK. We all know LV and I play trombone,
love tubes, home schooled, and have a fair
number of other things in common. We aren't
twins by any means, but there are a lot of
commonalities.

Now, I look at that photo, and that face
could easily be mine.

Bizarre.

Of course, I'd have my SKS "pointed" at the
guy...

Marc

And you've got a 435lb pedophile for a cellmate. You respond to
any sentence preceeded by the word 'bitch'. What's your point?

Lupi Zopi wrote:

Whilst wandering in Usenet, Lord Valve exclaimed...

Liquor store.

Bar's across the street. Karate dojo next door on
the other side.

You have a bar and a liquor store for neighbors...[1]

Lupi

[1] That could be why Blumbles is so hateful...[2]
[2] You're in his dream location, he's jealous.

RP Jones

LV
After dealing with some of these clients or all those Colorado Republicrats
Do you spend time in:
1- the bar
2-Liquor Store
3-Ammo store

-RP

"Lord Valve" wrote in message

Robert Casey wrote:

Mullard wrote:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

Is that a bar or just a liquor shop next door?

Liquor store.

Bar's across the street. Karate dojo next door on
the other side.

LV

---

Marc

;-)

Todd wrote:

Say what you will
THAT joint is a welcome sight to me.
I don't know how many times I've needed
a little $2 lovin' at 8 o'clock at
night, and guess who is open and has it in
trou?

FAT WILLIE!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
I appreciate his being there.
Nuff said.

todd

js

"Lupi Zopi" wrote in message
.net...
Whilst wandering in Usenet, Lord Valve exclaimed...

Liquor store.

Bar's across the street. Karate dojo next door on
the other side.

You have a bar and a liquor store for neighbors...[1]

Lupi

[1] That could be why Blumbles is so hateful...[2]
[2] You're in his dream location, he's jealous.

Hey Lupi! Whoever you are, that picture of the dog on the RRU site thing
SLAYS me. I mean, just the pciture in and of itself is lethal. Great stuff.
He looks like an NYC version of a German Shepherd.

Lord Valve

Scott Colborn wrote:

Hello LV,

Looks like a very cool shop ! Looks like a good vibe inside and out. Do
the guys/gals at the dojo run barefoot in the snow - traditional style place
or blackbelts at age 8?

All the best.
Walk in Beauty, Peace. Scott

It's the real deal.

No shoes - they go out at "halftime" to shake out their
sweat towels and cool off - barefoot in the snow. The
sensei (Yutaka Yaguchi) is pushing 80, looks like he's 50.
Lots of the Denver cops train there. I've been listening
to 'em hollering and hiting stuff for over a decade - when
they all do that stomp thing together, it shakes the building.

Yaguchi is the coolest sumbitch on the planet. My coondogs
love him, and that's good enough for me. ;-)

Lord Valve
American

http://www.uniques.com/shotokan/

Lord Valve

Miles O'Neal wrote:

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 00:16:36 +0000, Lord Valve wrote:

The *worst* thing you can possibly have in a shop fulla tube amps is neon.

See if you can figure out why.

Aw, come on, Willie! It helps you
make sure the amps are *really* quiet.

8^)

I have a fluorescent fixture hanging over my bench.

If I can get an amp reasonably quiet while it's open on the bench,
sitting underneath that fixture, I know it'll be dead silent when it's
buttoned up. Of course, I can turn it off and go with incandescents
by flicking a couple of switches.

Lord Valve
Expert

Marc

All the way to the F...B....I....

Clarice?

Lord Valve wrote:

I have a fluorescent teen male love doll hanging over my bench.
If I can get a hostage reasonably quiet while it's open on the bench,
laying underneath that fixture, I know it'll be dead silent when it's
pumped fulla my jism. Of course, I can turn it off and go full-on Abu Graib
by flicking a couple of switches.

Lord Valve
Expert

Lord Valve

RP Jones wrote:

LV
After dealing with some of these clients or all those Colorado Republicrats
Do you spend time in:
1- the bar
2-Liquor Store
3-Ammo store

Well, there ain't nothin' but commies in the Denver/Boulder area.

I'm a teetotaller, always have been, so I never go to bars unless
I'm installing sound equipment or hearing friends play. (Or recently,
sitting in.) Back when I was on the road, I used to have to tell the
bartenders in every new joint I worked to make sure to give me a
soda with a twist in it and charge the customer for a mixed drink
any time a round was bought for the band. (I caught major hell
from a clubowner once, for refusing to let someone buy me a
drink. He was right, too. ;-)

The liquor store sells me a sugar-free Red Bull now and then.
It's owned by a cool Vietnamese dude named Tang. His old
lady's name is Tao. They have two cute kids, named Lance
and Long. (Not sure what they were aiming for, there...)

I've got all the ammo I need. ;-)

Lord Valve
Businessman

Sgt. Hulka

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:28:02 -0700, Marc wrote:

My GOD the swine is far disgusting than I'd imagined!!! Like Santa gone
armed crack whore! ;-)

Rumor has it- that "Santa" is pullin' in more $$ in one day than you
do all month, Mulay (actually, more $$ than your wife *pays you* in a
month) hahahahhahahahha

Loud assValve wrote:

http://www.braught.com/Images/LVgunTom.JPG

Loud assValve
Asspurt

Gtski

"Lord Valve"
wrote
in message

om.com...

Scott Colborn wrote:

Hello LV,

Looks like a very cool

shop ! Looks like a good vibe
inside and out. Do
the guys/gals at the dojo

run barefoot in the snow -
traditional style place
or blackbelts at age 8?

All the best.
Walk in Beauty, Peace.

Scott

It's the real deal.

No shoes - they go out at

"halftime" to shake out their
sweat towels and cool off -

barefoot in the snow. The
sensei (Yutaka Yaguchi) is

pushing 80, looks like he's
50.

Rule of thumb when sizing up
sensei (plural?)...
watch out for the older
guys..! ! ! !

Lots of the Denver cops

train there. I've been
listening
to 'em hollering and hiting

stuff for over a decade - when
they all do that stomp thing

together, it shakes the
building.

Yaguchi is the coolest

sumbitch on the planet. My
coondogs
love him, and that's good

enough for me. ;-)

Lord Valve
American

http://www.uniques.com/shotoka
n/

DGDevin

"Lord Valve" wrote in message

Mommy, why is Santa Claus popping out of a big carton like a

Jack-in-the-box
and trying to shoot that man in the old Rolling Stones shirt?

'Cuz he was stealin' a *really* ****ty speaker.

SHAME on his ass!

LV

I bet you save the crappy speakers and sell them by the truckload to L6 and
other modelling amp companies to use in their products. Hell, there's a
good chance TrollSux and some of the other baboons are using amps today with
speakers in them that you rejected, don't that make the needle hit the peg
on the old irony meter.

DGDevin

"Dana Craft" wrote in message

Needs neon.

Yeah, and some of those cool point-of-sale displays that companies like Line
6 and Crate and those really gnarly metal amp companies put into places like
Guitar Center. That's how you tell a good amp place, it has really bitchin'
displays with lifesize cutouts of Dimebag and stuff like that, LV's place is
just full of old amps and parts, how good could it be?

Lord Valve

DGDevin wrote:

"Lord Valve" wrote in message

Mommy, why is Santa Claus popping out of a big carton like a

Jack-in-the-box
and trying to shoot that man in the old Rolling Stones shirt?

'Cuz he was stealin' a *really* ****ty speaker.

SHAME on his ass!

LV

I bet you save the crappy speakers and sell them by the truckload to L6 and
other modelling amp companies to use in their products. Hell, there's a
good chance TrollSux and some of the other baboons are using amps today with
speakers in them that you rejected, don't that make the needle hit the peg
on the old irony meter.

What *really* pegs the irony meter is the sad-sack
assholes on the Baboon Squad.

They've been reduced to flaming a *building*.
It don't get any sorrier than that - I thought
Marxist Morgen the Commie **** had hit bottom
when he started flaming a city, but I was wrong.

First rule of holes... ;-)

Lord Valve
Expert

Lord Valve

DGDevin wrote:

"Dana Craft" wrote in message

Needs neon.

Yeah, and some of those cool point-of-sale displays that companies like Line
6 and Crate and those really gnarly metal amp companies put into places like
Guitar Center. That's how you tell a good amp place, it has really bitchin'
displays with lifesize cutouts of Dimebag and stuff like that, LV's place is
just full of old amps and parts, how good could it be?

I have a poster of Rupert Neve riding a Harley - will that do?

LV

DGDevin

"ptaylor" wrote in message

Yea,too bad they didn't work.. (It's pretty Californicated in places
in/around Portland..right down to chip-fabs,and Intel/Tek/Xerox sites
all over..)

I think California is about ready to annex Bend, the economy of that whole
town depends on CA retirees and dot-com kids who got out in time.

Now if we could just get the Oregonians to *drive* a bit more like
Californians (but not too crazy!) we might be onto something.. ;-)

We drove halfway across OR in the old lady's 350Z so fast I don't think we
even registered on the cops' radar, the locals were like pylons on a test
track, just had to slide between them as they pooped along. I suspect many
of them go so slow because they're looking for environmental activists
trying to cross the street, looking for a little instant karma payback....

Captain Crane

All Products are made in China ... Nothing American made in that shop
!!!!

Lord Valve

Captain Crane wrote:

All Products are made in China ... Nothing American made in that shop
!!!!

You're fulla ****, son.

Not only are there thousands of NOS American (and other) tubes,
there are QSC amplifiers, Ashly signal processing gear and amps,
Rolls products, FMR Audio gear, etc. Not that I give a **** where
anything's made, as long as it works well. I'm a businessman, I
sell stuff people like. Cash talks, **** walks.

Start walkin'.

Lord Valve
Expert

Dave Moore

Rumor also has it that santa
has a lotta pups in the socks too

sick pups that is

"Sgt. Hulka" wrote in message ...
: On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:28:02 -0700, Marc wrote:
:
:
:
: Loud assValve wrote:
:
: http://www.braught.com/Images/LVgunTom.JPG
:
: Loud assValve
: Asspurt
:

Dave Moore

"Lord Valve" wrote
My coondogs
: love him, and that's good enough for me. ;-)

I'll bet you couldn't even make it a half step
through my gate before
my shepherds rip the meat offen yer ass junyah!!

What does that tell you?

Dave Moore

"Mullard" wrote in message om...
: http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg
:
: Any comments?

Ahora, Yo quiero taco

Dana Craft

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 05:47:26 GMT, Lord Valve
wrote:

Miles O'Neal wrote:

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 00:16:36 +0000, Lord Valve wrote:

The *worst* thing you can possibly have in a shop fulla tube amps is neon.

See if you can figure out why.

Aw, come on, Willie! It helps you
make sure the amps are *really* quiet.

8^)

I have a fluorescent fixture hanging over my bench.

If I can get an amp reasonably quiet while it's open on the bench,
sitting underneath that fixture, I know it'll be dead silent when it's
buttoned up. Of course, I can turn it off and go with incandescents
by flicking a couple of switches.

Lord Valve
Expert

You guys need to lighten up. I was making a joke about neon to go with
the art deco building. Not to flamestart another thread from hell.

But now it begs the question. What we see today (new) that looks like
neon - is it and does it have the same properies? I remember neon
signs buzzing crackling and not being too reliant over time.
Dana Craft

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:00:17 GMT, Lord Valve
wrote:

RP Jones wrote:

[...]

I hope Tang isn't his last name.

If it is, those kids, Lance and Long, are going to have a life of
hell.
Sander deWaal

"Todd" said:

FAT WILLIE!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
I appreciate his being there.
Nuff said.

Did he hold that gun to your head while writing this post?

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."
Sander deWaal

Lord Valve said:

It's owned by a cool Vietnamese dude named Tang. His old
lady's name is Tao. They have two cute kids, named Lance
and Long. (Not sure what they were aiming for, there...)

Sure they're not Commie spies or sumtin'?

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."
Sander deWaal

Lord Valve said:

Lord Valve
Asshole

I bet you lisp, too.

You'd lose, but then - I'm the one with the gun. ;-)

My body odor would kill you before you could reach the trigger.

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."

Sander deWaal

Sgt. Hulka said:

Rumor has it- that "Santa" is pullin' in more $$ in one day than you
do all month, Mulay (actually, more $$ than your wife *pays you* in a
month) hahahahhahahahha

He'll just *have* to make some $$$, if he still wants to pay for his
health insurance:-)

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."

Patrick Turner

Lord Valve wrote:

Captain Crane wrote:

All Products are made in China ... Nothing American made in that shop
!!!!

You're fulla ****, son.

Not only are there thousands of NOS American (and other) tubes,
there are QSC amplifiers, Ashly signal processing gear and amps,
Rolls products, FMR Audio gear, etc. Not that I give a **** where
anything's made, as long as it works well. I'm a businessman, I
sell stuff people like. Cash talks, **** walks.

Start walkin'.

Lord Valve
Expert

I didn't know your son who has reached rank of capatain was full of ****,
but that doesn't matter,
with a large enough dose of anti-depression pills, he'll snap out of it one
day.

Once upon a time America had the best reputation for the quality and price
of goods made by Americans, for Americans, and for export.
No doubt our Lord Valve's collection of saleables indicates the sort of
quality
I mean.

This meant the people working in the factories were really working for each
other.

But what Private Crane is trying to say is that its a shame that this is no
longer the case,
because the flood of cheap goods from OS has ruined any hope that
americans could ever work for each other, let alone have competitive
and viable exporting industries, like they use to.
Americans are bit inconsistent, like everyone else in the world, because
they have no loyalty
to each other. Would people buy that chinese gizmo if they knew their
neighbour would loose his job?
You betcha they would, **** the neighbours!
People think their neighbours should retrain themselves to suit the new
world,
and stop their grumbling after they are dumped out of the system.
So since americans won't/don't work for each other, those who used to make
things get poorer
while the rich who own the distribution of foreign goods get richer,
because they pay the chinese a pittance rather than pay fellow americans.
So for example, we have Jolida amps, where the American mark up
in price between the chinese factory and hi-fi store in the US is enormous.

Crane says voting Dubbya out might change all this, but alas it won't.
Human nature is vice ridden, and has never changed.
Where does all this profit go? Not all is spent on caviar and champagne.
Why, into setting up more profitable ventures.

A colleague of mine in Sydney makes more amps than I do, and he also
services amps made OS, and his recent experience shows how far away
the chinese are with quality when compared to what quality should be.
A client of his had a pair of monoblocs with 8 x KT88 within,
and a couple of KT88 **** themselves in a short time.
Then one of the output transformers developed a short between
turns in the non layer wound primary windings.
The primary sections had been scramble wound.
The amp runs at a B+ which is higher than the voltage rating for the
electrolytics.
The soldering and wiring was fragile, messy, and incompetently done.
These are some of the faults in this chinese made piece of crap
which some customer purchased in Hong Kong for usd $4,500.
This amp wasn't made by Jolida, but I have serviced one that was,
with a similar set of problems.

Unfortunately, the people with a stray $4,500 for
hi-fi luxuries often wouldn't know quality even if it bit them on the arse
like one of Lord Valve's coon dogs might if you looked mean and tricky.

They are guided by price only, and care not that their fellow countrymen
in first world countries are being laid off.
They care not that the chinese
are paid a small fraction of a decent wage, and have a very lousy
standard of living, and that the chinese goverment has an appalling human
rights record..

Bearing in mind what Capatain Crain has to say,
I am trying to think about what Dubbya has to do with all this, and
I doubt its very much at all; perhaps Dubbya don't think much about it,
due to his golfing habits, low IQ, etc, and he's from the side of town
which doesn't have to care about the price of any darn thing;
he just likes the way his rich business associates do the business they do
to keep his richness rich.
Dubbya would like everyone to be rich, but he hasn't time to
work out how to arrange it. He ain't worried, all the previous leaders
always saw poor folks
wandering the streets.

My school economics teacher who was 84 in 1965 said that demand has no
limits.
Its always there. It was insatiable. We want MORE, MORE!
What is limited is supply.
I don't recall him saying a word about marketing hype, and
selling based on fooling some of the people some of the time,
but then it was high school economics, not a post graduate course at a
university.

Ever since the Industrial Revolution, there has been a varying flux of
temper tantrums
between Labour and Capital, over wages and prices, supply and demand, and
where things got made.

Extreme experiments like the Russian Revolution were tried, in order to
address worker concerns,
but alas, it all had too much inertia, and even after 38 million screaming
deaths,
it failed to put goods on shelves in shops, and, after Chernoble, the folks
got fed up with hammers and sickles,
and stupidly making more atom bombs to launch at the Americans, who had a
whole lot more.
Consumerism had a grand victory over communism, it was propelled by
Capitalism,
because under Communism nobody really wants to work for their
neighbour for a pittance, just like in America.

So for the dazzling array of goods in the stores, for the crowded wide
expensive highways full of SUVs,
and the doctors and medical services that cost you life's savings,
you gotta have a fair amount of **** happen and not everyone is happy.
Let us hope that a very ****ty happening don't occur
if China, India should ever choose to assert themselves in a thermo-nuclear
manner.

The average person's standard of living in China looks set to rise rapidly
as they try to catch up to first world nations like Oz and America.
Same with India, and then you still have another two billion around the
globe who'd like a fridge,
and hot clean water at night, and maybe a school, and a village chief who
wasn't corrupt, and who didn't try to feel your daughter up.

Dubbya's effect on 5 billion have-not people seems rather small. They'll do
more for themselves
than Dubbya ever could.
He'd like to have his mates control the oil, to make a profit, and this
seems so obscene and wrong
and it is, but if it wasn't him, it'd be some other ******* who'd have an
anti sharing or caring policy .

But one thing looks certain, rising oil prices,
because supply won't keep up with demand.
We could always blame Dubbya for the way he's brought instability to the
middle
east, but methinks that's a simplistic explanation, and fails to take into
account
larger market forces, such as the rising chinese demand for oil.
Its a dodgy mixture, oil and politics.

In fact, supply will run bone dry one day.

We will be forced to change the ways we deal with combinations of
the elements in fuels, hydrogen, carbon, oxygen, etc.
We may go nuclear in a big way, but whatever happens,
we'll find a way, ( or greed will find a way ) and the process will keep
life a struggle for many,
and make a few filthy rich, and able to afford tube amps,
and air conditioners, because the world is warming.

Only the supply of hot air seems limitless.

Patrick Turner.

Marc

Body odor ?

LV would be driven into a masturbatory siezure at that point.

The only trigger he'd be huffing and puffing in an attempt to reach is
under his--

ah, er... "flap" ? http://poetry.rotten.com/tummy-tuck/0002/

Sander deWaal wrote:

Lord Valve said:

Lord Valve
Asshole

I bet you lisp, too.

You'd lose, but then - I'm the one with the gun. ;-)

My body odor would kill you before you could reach the trigger.

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."

Marc

Something you're quite the expert on ;-)

Dana Craft wrote:

I hope Tang isn't his last name.

If it is, those kids, are going to have a life of hell.

Marc

Ack ack ack LV! Y Ahora, Que es tu papa?

Dave Moore wrote:

"Mullard" wrote in message om...
: http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg
:
: Any comments?

Ahora, Yo quiero taco

Marc

THAT you are! Now if only you could rule your own...

Leaky assValve confessed:

I'm first, ruler of holes... ;-)

Leaky assValve
Asspurt

Sander deWaal

Marc said:

Body odor ?

Yep, best biological weapon there is.
One fart of me could wipe out an entire city the size of Boston.
That's why they keep me confined to these newsgroups.

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."
Marc

LV is already checking Orbitz for a flight deal.

My advice; Beans and cabbage. Lots.
Withstand all pain until his arrival from the airport by forklift.

Good luck and stay away from open flames.

Regards,

mvm