tim h

Default Sony CDX656 10 disc changer. how to wire?

Hello group,

I got a Sony cdx656 10 disc changer with a comparible head unit. Im planning
to install this but I have no idea how. How is this changer powered? Only by
that so called 'control' plug?

I havent worked with this cable that connects the head unit and the changer.
How is it called?

Also, how do I run my RCA cables? I'm figuring I should run RCA OUT from
changer to Head unit IN then from head OUT to my amplifier. Just double
checking this works because I don't do this often.

thanks a lot guys,
tim

Paul Vina

I hope you have a Sony HU to control it. If you do simply plug the Uni-Link
(bus) cable into the HU and the changer. The plug a set of rca cables into
the changer and the into the HUs "bus audio in" rca jacks.

Paul Vina