Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phillip Phillip is offline

Default Newbie: Kontakt, Acid and Cakewalk use?

Hi,

I know very little about music production (I would like to start
playing around with creating some original disco house music -
specifically) so I found a little about Sony Acid and Konakt on the
Internet. I have experience in using Sony Vegas to create video
productions, so understand about the multitracking experience.

But with Kontakt and Acid, here's what I want to know. Supposing I
hook up my keyboard and record a midi section of a baseline. Now I
want that base instrument to sound really authentic. Is that where
Kontakt comes in? Does it take my midi file (or live midi input from
keyboard) and apply its own instrument sound for it, instead of
microsofts default wavetable?

Also, if that's correct, how do I then use that instrument application
in Acid to construct my piece? Or what if I recorded a baseline from
keyboard into cakewalk, and fiddled about with the score to get the
notes right - what would I do then to apply Kontact's decent sample
sound to it? Can it be used from within other applications?

Also a slightly unrelated question: In many pieces of the style of
house music I want to create, instrument parts are gradually demuffled
in - what is this common process? In my sound forge, it looks to sound
something similar to either wah-wah or flange, but these presets jump
about quite alot. -and is this process done by Acid after you've
got your samples in the order you want them? You just apply them to
the relevant ones?

Know its alot, but any help would be appreciated! Thanks!