Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar
leepincat leepincat is offline

Default No service for T.C. Helicon in the USA !??

I just downloaded the list of service centers from the T.C. Helicon
"support" website.

There's a listing for, "Romania", even that behemoth of a country,
"Luxembourg"
but, nothing for the, "USA", "United States", ...."America" ???
How did they omit the United friggin' STATES !!??
"All due respect", I take a little offense to this.

Who makes this stuff ? (I think it's Swedish but, only a guess)

Has anyone in the group ever had their "Helicon" gear repaired,
and can you point me to some service ?
(Need to have a, "Voice Prism" repaired) $800 for the POS as well !

Had I known we were in such a remote, unknown, part of the world
I never would have purchased their equipment.
(I'm certain I never will again)

Thanks much - Rj
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar

leepincat wrote:

http://tcsupport.custhelp.com/app/ut...QvdjUyOTRZTms=

Thanks much - Rj

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

leepincat wrote:

I just downloaded the list of service centers from the T.C. Helicon
"support" website.

There's a listing for, "Romania", even that behemoth of a country,
"Luxembourg"
but, nothing for the, "USA", "United States", ...."America" ???
How did they omit the United friggin' STATES !!??
"All due respect", I take a little offense to this.

Who makes this stuff ? (I think it's Swedish but, only a guess)

Has anyone in the group ever had their "Helicon" gear repaired,
and can you point me to some service ?
(Need to have a, "Voice Prism" repaired) $800 for the POS as well !

Had I known we were in such a remote, unknown, part of the world
I never would have purchased their equipment.
(I'm certain I never will again)

Thanks much - Rj

I have a TC Elec G Major processor. Nine months into the one-year
warranty the display died. I sent it in for repair. They took over two
months to fix it and get it back to me. I will not be buying their kit
again. It's a good little box, but that kind of crap service won't fly.

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar
rct rct is offline

I have a VoiceWorks Pro and a G Major, been using them for years,
never a hitch, never a problem.

rct
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar

hank alrich wrote:

I have a TC Elec G Major processor. Nine months into the one-year
warranty the display died. I sent it in for repair. They took over two
months to fix it and get it back to me. I will not be buying their kit
again. It's a good little box, but that kind of crap service won't
fly.

I took the liberty of forwarding the three u.s. posts in this thread to tc
electronic here in Denmark. This because I want them to make a lot of money
so that they will contibute to our economy and because it annoys me to see a
danish company not getting things right.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On 1/12/2012 4:21 PM, rct wrote:
I have a VoiceWorks Pro and a G Major, been using them for years,
never a hitch, never a problem.

Hope your luck holds out. It sounds, from the experiences posted here,
that you will have a problem if you ever have a problem with it.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar

rct wrote:

I have a VoiceWorks Pro and a G Major, been using them for years,
never a hitch, never a problem.

Yep, and if the screen hadn't died on my G Major I could say the same.
But it died. And TC took an unreasonably long time to repair it under
warranty and get it back to me. I like the unit, very much. I won't buy
anything else from them. Life is too short to mess with that quality of
"service".

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar
Mike Mike is offline

In article
,
leepincat wrote:

Has anyone in the group ever had their "Helicon" gear repaired,
and can you point me to some service ?

TC-Helicon is headquartered in BC Canada.
http://www.lifetimeservice.com/repair.php is their new US repair
facility but these people who previously provided repairs may still be
able to help: Garrick Lewis, *and Colin
Studybaker,

They're in the L.A. area. Hope this helps.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar
Sean Conolly Sean Conolly is offline

"hank alrich" wrote in message
rct wrote:

I have a VoiceWorks Pro and a G Major, been using them for years,
never a hitch, never a problem.

Yep, and if the screen hadn't died on my G Major I could say the same.
But it died. And TC took an unreasonably long time to repair it under
warranty and get it back to me. I like the unit, very much. I won't buy
anything else from them. Life is too short to mess with that quality of
"service".

More to the point - life is too short for things that break like that,
especially at the prices they charge. I don't care about service policy, I
want the damn thing to work, every time, until it's reached the end of it's
useful life which should be at least 10 years, IMHO.

Sean

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DougD DougD is offline

In article , leepincat wrote:
I just downloaded the list of service centers from the T.C. Helicon
"support" website.

There's a listing for, "Romania", even that behemoth of a country,
"Luxembourg"
but, nothing for the, "USA", "United States", ...."America" ???
How did they omit the United friggin' STATES !!??
"All due respect", I take a little offense to this.

Who makes this stuff ? (I think it's Swedish but, only a guess)

Has anyone in the group ever had their "Helicon" gear repaired,
and can you point me to some service ?
(Need to have a, "Voice Prism" repaired) $800 for the POS as well !

Had I known we were in such a remote, unknown, part of the world
I never would have purchased their equipment.
(I'm certain I never will again)

Thanks much - Rj

Well, the Helicon gear is made in a factory about a mile down the
road from my summer FOH gig here on Vancouver Island, BC.
The proper name for the area is Saanich, or Saanichton, don't
know if they do any service there though. There seems to be
a bit of oddness about their situation.. It seems there is another
company in the Victoria area that builds similar gear to the
Helicon line, there are always ad's in the local papers looking
for DSP engineer's etc. between these companies and it sounds
like there is some bad blood in regards to patent infringment,
etc. I would try contacting them at the Victoria/Saanich address
and see if they can handle N. American repairs on a special
case basis. If you got really desperate, you might even want
to try running an ad in the Craiglist for this area asking for
help, you might luck out and find one of their tech's doing a bit
of "moonlighting"..

d.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar

Peter Larsen wrote:

hank alrich wrote:

I have a TC Elec G Major processor. Nine months into the one-year
warranty the display died. I sent it in for repair. They took over
two months to fix it and get it back to me. I will not be buying
their kit again. It's a good little box, but that kind of crap
service won't fly.

I took the liberty of forwarding the three u.s. posts in this thread
to tc electronic here in Denmark. This because I want them to make a
lot of money so that they will contibute to our economy and because
it annoys me to see a danish company not getting things right.

No reply has arrived from them.

Peter Larsen

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar
Preben Friis Preben Friis is offline

Peter Larsen wrote:
I took the liberty of forwarding the three u.s. posts in this thread
to tc electronic here in Denmark. This because I want them to make a
lot of money so that they will contibute to our economy and because
it annoys me to see a danish company not getting things right.

No reply has arrived from them.
Peter Larsen

That kind of tells a thing more about the level of service that can be
expected .... or not.

/Preben Friis

tc helicon forums support reqluq Pro Audio 1 March 1st 07 05:05 AM
FA: TC Helicon VoicePrism PLUS Vocal Harmonizer [email protected] Pro Audio 0 March 20th 06 02:32 AM
TC Helicon Harmony Prodigy News Pro Audio 1 July 15th 05 03:02 PM
TC Helicon VoiceOne Joe Pro Audio 0 January 6th 05 12:42 AM
TC-Helicon Voiceworks Ilia Bisnovatyi Pro Audio 0 August 29th 03 08:38 PM