Posted to rec.audio.pro
dnafe dnafe is offline

Default Drum machine synced to audio

"Ian Bell" wrote in message
news:45fe4508.0@entanet...
I have some old audio multi-track tapes that I have transferred to my DAW.
The original drum track is quite poor and I would like to replace it with
something from a modern drum machine. As there is no midi information and
both the original drum track and its recording drift (in BPM terms)
throughout the track, what I would like is a drum machine that can sync up
to an external audio input (the drum track). Any ideas?

Cheers

Ian

Try running the drum tracks through drumagog and replace (or enhance) the
existing drums with samples...might be a time saver if you have individually
recorded drums. although it can be done with just a kik, snare and stereo OH
tracks, just requires some editing of the OH tracks to pull out the toms.

as always YMMV