steve s.

Default Vocal Remover Wont Uninstall

I installed the analogx vocal remover recently. It comes in a directx
and winamp version, and I tried both. It did a decent job of cancelling
vocals on recorded music, but now I can't play any music normally.
Whether it is CD, MP3 or wave the vocal cancellation remains. The
program is still available online, but there is no supoort,and the the
webpage has not been updated in years.

I have uninstalled the program, deleted all related files, uninstalled
directx, reinstalled codecs and sound card drivers. I've cleaned the
registry. Yesterday I did a Repair install of XP, which fixed the
problem temporarily, but this morning the vocals are gone again.
Whether I use I-tunes, Media player, Sound Forge doesn't matter,
everything sounds like it is under water with no vocals. Some sounds,
like the windows start-up music sounds normal. I'm at a loss. What
files, filters, dll's, etc could be causing this? Thanks