Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.opinion
Roke Roke is offline

Default play mp3's on my hi-fi from my pc

Since listening to music is a very subjective experience, the only opinion
that matters is yours.

Jeff

I keep seeing this f***ing nonsense on these newsgroups... Here's one
illustration out of many...

.... If all you've been drinking is cheap plonk all your life and later in
life you want to enjoy the best wines available (and get best value for your
buck), would you not take the advice of someone who's been appreciating fine
wines all his/her life to get you started??? You're certainly not going to
know the difference yourself for a long time...

Same goes for listening to music and hifi, mate.

The line above is one propagated by the hifi shops to get you into their
stores and listening/sales rooms, and away from the much better bang for the
buck used gear and other value sources...

Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.opinion
Jeff Findley Jeff Findley is offline

"Roke" wrote in message
[...]

In which case he should definitely ditch his 320 kbps (constant bitrate)
MP3's since they've gone through a lossy compression process, right?

I personally use compressed audio for casual, portable listening only. I'm
still sticking with my portable minidisc player since SP mode ATRAC
compression (292 kbps, constant bitrate) because in some cases, portability
wins out over sound quality.

I suppose the original poster may have similar reasons to prefer his MP3's
over the original CD's. One that springs to mind is the ability to actually
manage a large collection of music without a lot of effort.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)