Bob

Default OT strictly for old farts

Hi,

this very weekend I have seen performing live (Rotterdam, the Netherlands)
the Remains (yes, THE Remains): they were energetic, enthousiastic very fine
musicians and modest. A bit of a peculiair set, because it was a mix of
americana and steaming '65 garage tracks . You could tell they were a bit
surprised being cheered so enormously, especially by a crowd at least half
their age.....nice stuff...
Just sharing a nice evening,
Bob

Paul

"Bob" wrote in message ...
Hi,

this very weekend I have seen performing live (Rotterdam, the Netherlands)
the Remains (yes, THE Remains):

The 60's garage band (featured on the Nuggets compilation)? Not the
band "The Remains" which toured with members of the Ramones after that
band's official dissolution? Speaking of whom, I understand that
another former member of that band is not long for this world.

"Bob" wrote in message ...
Hi,

this very weekend I have seen performing live (Rotterdam, the Netherlands)
the Remains (yes, THE Remains): they were energetic, enthousiastic very fine
musicians and modest. A bit of a peculiair set, because it was a mix of
americana and steaming '65 garage tracks . You could tell they were a bit
surprised being cheered so enormously, especially by a crowd at least half
their age.....nice stuff...
Just sharing a nice evening,
Bob

The Remains' live version of Diddy Wah Diddy on Hulabaloo is ****-hot.
Ferocious energy, menacingly beautiful.
Scott Dorsey

Paul wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message ...
Hi,

this very weekend I have seen performing live (Rotterdam, the Netherlands)
the Remains (yes, THE Remains):

The 60's garage band (featured on the Nuggets compilation)? Not the
band "The Remains" which toured with members of the Ramones after that
band's official dissolution? Speaking of whom, I understand that
another former member of that band is not long for this world.

Hey, and the Strawbs are playing at the Birchmere in Washington DC this
Thursday. The world isn't a bad place at all.

Bob

amen!
The Remains' live version of Diddy Wah Diddy on Hulabaloo is ****-hot.
Ferocious energy, menacingly beautiful.

Roger W. Norman

Ah, you missed working at the Birchmere for the Steel Jam, didn't you. What
a nice venue. They'd just put in large Soundcraft and it was funny to see
John running around BEHIND the console to get to faders.

But I didn't stick around for that one. After hanging a couple of ambience
mics, I was bored to tears. Nothing like being an unnecessary engineer! g
Even worse than playing elevator music live! g

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Paul wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message

Hi,

this very weekend I have seen performing live (Rotterdam, the

Netherlands)
the Remains (yes, THE Remains):

The 60's garage band (featured on the Nuggets compilation)? Not the
band "The Remains" which toured with members of the Ramones after that
band's official dissolution? Speaking of whom, I understand that
another former member of that band is not long for this world.

Hey, and the Strawbs are playing at the Birchmere in Washington DC this
Thursday. The world isn't a bad place at all.

Paul

So when R we going to see Hulaballoo on DVD?

"Bob" wrote in message ...
amen!
The Remains' live version of Diddy Wah Diddy on Hulabaloo is ****-hot.
Ferocious energy, menacingly beautiful.

Phil Brown

So when R we going to see Hulaballoo on DVD?

Probably never. The music clearance problems are undoubtly insurmountable.
Phil Brown
Rob Reedijk

Bob wrote:
Hi,

this very weekend I have seen performing live (Rotterdam, the Netherlands)
the Remains (yes, THE Remains): they were energetic, enthousiastic very fine
musicians and modest. A bit of a peculiair set, because it was a mix of
americana and steaming '65 garage tracks . You could tell they were a bit
surprised being cheered so enormously, especially by a crowd at least half
their age.....nice stuff...
Just sharing a nice evening,

You may be interested to hear that I just saw the Nits at the Winnipeg
Folk Festival last week. A very unusual act for the WFF. After first
confusing the audience for a few songs, people started to "get" it
by the end. For me, it was one of the highlights of the festival,
up there with Earl Scruggs.

Rob R.