Jack

Default Overhead DVD player installer

I am not sure if I am posting to the right group, if not, please
pardon this post.

I purchased a PowerAcoustik PMD-100CM overhead DVD player with a TV
Tuner for a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer and had it installed at my local
auto sound store. The installer installed the unit by "hanging" it
off the roof liner of the car. As a result, the unit is not
completely stable. It doesn't fall down (yet!), but my concern is
overtime it may. When questioned, the installer told me that this is
the way it has to be installed for this car. I followed the
manufacturer's advice to have it professionally installed, but I have
a nagging suspicion it wasn't installed correctly. Also, the
installer told me the unit came with a built-in TV tuner, so it
doesn't have to be attached to an external antenna. I have since
found there is NO built-in antenna.

Can anyone confirm for me whether this was a proper installation for
this particular vehicle. Anyone with a different DVD installation for
a 2004 Trailblazer?

Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks.

Jack
KaeZoo

Generally overhead video units should be attached to something solid above
the headliner, but there's not always a conveniently placed support beam.
Also, if you have a moon roof, it might have been impossible to attach the
unit to the ceiling structure and still allow the moon roof to retract. At
the very least, it should be tightly secured to the headliner. Does it seem
to be loosely attached, or is the headliner just too flimsy to hold it
securely?

"Jack" wrote in message
m...
[...]

mayhemkrew

Kaezoo is correct and alot of places try to just stick a piece of wood
between the actual roof and the headliner and screw into that. With this
method, the headliner is what is holding the unit up, and if the headliner
has play up and down, then so do the unit; which is what it sounds like in
your case. But like Kaezoo also said, this is sometimes what has to happen
depending on the vehicle itself.

"KaeZoo" wrote in message
Generally overhead video units should be attached to something solid above
the headliner, but there's not always a conveniently placed support beam.
Also, if you have a moon roof, it might have been impossible to attach the
unit to the ceiling structure and still allow the moon roof to retract.
At
the very least, it should be tightly secured to the headliner. Does it
seem
to be loosely attached, or is the headliner just too flimsy to hold it
securely?

m...