Spockie

Default 2 channel head unit to four speakers does not work right

2 channel head unit to four speakers does not work right

so if any of you ****ing think that it does please do not advise others
that they can split the rca cables and it will sound okay after they
connect it to the amp

and also it is not my amp because i can unsplit the rca cables and just
connect them them like that and the speakers sound fine

i am ****ing down 100 bucks cause of this ****ty head unit

Scott Gardner

I don't know why you're having a problem, but for years, people have
been taking decks that have only have one set of preouts and using
Y-adapters to feed four (or more) amplifier channels. Unless the
input impedance of your amp is abnormally low, or the output impedance
of your deck is abnormally high, it should work fine.

Just because it doesn't work for you for whatever reason, that doesn't
mean it's a bad idea or that we should stop suggesting it to other
people. After all, what do you think we did for all those years when
decks only had one set of preouts and most amplifiers were only
two-channel? Things are a lot easier now with four-channel amps that
can split the input internally, or amps that can send a pass-through
signal to another amp, but things weren't always that convenient.

Scott Gardner

On Fri, 07 May 2004 03:01:25 GMT, Spockie wrote:

2 channel head unit to four speakers does not work right

so if any of you ****ing think that it does please do not advise others
that they can split the rca cables and it will sound okay after they
connect it to the amp

and also it is not my amp because i can unsplit the rca cables and just
connect them them like that and the speakers sound fine

i am ****ing down 100 bucks cause of this ****ty head unit

Buckshot

I just did this. Ran a single RCA from my JVC deck. Then bought two Y
splitters for for left one right. Hooked them up accordingly to my four
channel Legacy L1080A amp, and I'm loving the way its sounding... Sorry you
weren't so lucky. Check your ground bud. I had the same problem. Two
sounded alright then four was ****, It was a bad ground...

Buckshot

"Scott Gardner" wrote in message
[...]

Les

"Spockie"
2 channel head unit to four speakers does not work right

Well it does unless you are a complete idiot like you. Or have abnormally
****ty gear.

so if any of you ****ing think that it does please do not advise others
that they can split the rca cables and it will sound okay after they
connect it to the amp

It does. You are either too much of a dumbass to figure it out or have
faulty equipment. But I am betting on you being a dumbass.

and also it is not my amp because i can unsplit the rca cables and just
connect them them like that and the speakers sound fine

Then your ****ing up somewhere else. Dumbass.

i am ****ing down 100 bucks cause of this ****ty head unit

No, you're down $100 dollars because you don't know what you are doing.

Les

Steve Grauman

How the hell do you make a 2-channel amp power 4 speakers? Bridgeing down from
4 to 2 makes sense, but bridgeing up...?

MZ

How the hell do you make a 2-channel amp power 4 speakers? Bridgeing down
from
4 to 2 makes sense, but bridgeing up...?

Just run them in parallel.

But I don't believe that's what he's talking about. He's talking about
making 4 channels of amplification work off of 2 channels of RCA outs.

Spockie

Eddie Runner wrote in news:409BA0B3.540DF2B4
@installer.com:

splitters work fine for everyone else, if they dont work
for you then you must not know how to hook em up! ;-)

the problem is probably my amp then

it is a boss amp that i bought and it was suppose to be new but i got it
through an auto dealer who sold on ebay

all four speakers sound fine for a while, then i turn on my car for
about 1 min then the front speakers go out

i am going to try swithcing the front and back speakers on the amp

and also check the fuse on the amp

i doubt that will help though, and it will probably be a waste of my
****ing time

it ****ing sucks when people label **** new but it ain't work right
it had new bags and papers and box and everything

i just don't ****ing know