ALC

Default 2 stage microwave sensor and alarm

I just got an alarm installed with a 2 stage microwave sensor in it. I
know its a 2 stage sensor because I took off the dash and looked.

When you walk next to the jeep the full alarm goes off. The guy that
installed it said that is the ways it works no warning chirp. The
alarm itself was made in Montreal Canada but it isn't a popular name.

My question is does it matter what alarm you have for the 2 stages to
work on the sensor or does it just depend on what kind of sensor you
buy.

Any information would be great, I'm kind of new to the car alarm
thing.

Thanks
Eddie Runner

YES, the alarm must have a two stage input for a 2 stage
radar sensor to work with it....

If they put in a two stage sensor (maybe they were out of the one stage)
with an alarm that doesnt support 2 stage, then the sensor will only
oporate as a one stage....

sounds like thats what you got....
nothin wrong with that.

Eddie Runner
http://www.teamrocs.com

ALC wrote:

I just got an alarm installed with a 2 stage microwave sensor in it. I
know its a 2 stage sensor because I took off the dash and looked.

When you walk next to the jeep the full alarm goes off. The guy that
installed it said that is the ways it works no warning chirp. The
alarm itself was made in Montreal Canada but it isn't a popular name.

My question is does it matter what alarm you have for the 2 stages to
work on the sensor or does it just depend on what kind of sensor you
buy.

Any information would be great, I'm kind of new to the car alarm
thing.

Thanks

Ampdoc

You can take the warn-away output (Stage 1) and connect to a relay to power
the siren in a NO condition, thus when stage one is initiated the siren
sounds a brief hoot, and connect stage two to the alarm input so if the
vehicle's interior is violated then the alarm will activate. We used to do
this on low-end alarms for warn-away and it worked fine. Just make sure to
power your relay's coil from the armed output of your alarm, otherwise you
will have the warn-away active all the time, an undesired condition.
--
Jammy Harbin
J & J Electronics, Inc.

ALC wrote:

I just got an alarm installed with a 2 stage microwave sensor in it. I
know its a 2 stage sensor because I took off the dash and looked.

When you walk next to the jeep the full alarm goes off. The guy that
installed it said that is the ways it works no warning chirp. The
alarm itself was made in Montreal Canada but it isn't a popular name.

My question is does it matter what alarm you have for the 2 stages to
work on the sensor or does it just depend on what kind of sensor you
buy.

Any information would be great, I'm kind of new to the car alarm
thing.

Thanks

Eddie Runner

YES, you can.... But I was just attempting to explain the situation
to the other guy that had the alarm installed as breifly as possible....

I didnt think there was room for all the things that CAN be done

Eddie Runner

ALC wrote:

I just got an alarm installed with a 2 stage microwave sensor in it. I
know its a 2 stage sensor because I took off the dash and looked.

When you walk next to the jeep the full alarm goes off. The guy that
installed it said that is the ways it works no warning chirp. The
alarm itself was made in Montreal Canada but it isn't a popular name.

My question is does it matter what alarm you have for the 2 stages to
work on the sensor or does it just depend on what kind of sensor you
buy.

Any information would be great, I'm kind of new to the car alarm
thing.

Thanks

CTJeep24

I just bought a dual zone microwave sensor for my alarm, and I'm
trying to figure out the best place to put it. Where did you have
yours installed? I don't think I can put it under the center console,
I have a Tuffy Steel Console and I was told it might not work right
under there... Anyone have any ideas?