Jim Anable

Default Beware of ebay seller tifny

Heads up!

There's a person that goes by "tifny" selling tubes on ebay. She claims
her tubes test strong on her TV-7.

I bought what was supposed to be a matched quad of 7355. When they
arrived, two tested LOW, and two tested BAD. This began the nightmare
of seeking a refund.

One of the first things that she admits is that she doesn't even own a
TV-7! She claims to be selling tubes for a third party.

It took initiating an eBay complaint and weeks of her not responding to
emails before she agrees to an immediate refund of my money upon return
of tubes. When I send the tubes back, she does NOTHING! I had to call
and talk to her husband before she finally sends the refund (one week
later).

Now, I get NEGATIVE feedback that's full of lies. She claims I called
her four times at 9:00 (not true) and the I "burnt" the tubes and broke
a guide pin, which are also LIES.

If you buy from this person, you've been warned!
Alan Rutlidge

"Jim Anable" wrote in message
[...]

Jim,

Unfortunately e-bay has spawned a whole pile of fraudsters who have simply
buggerred up a great concept for the genuine sellers and the trusting
buyers. I empathise with your situation as I have been duped before on
e-bay even by sellers with apparently a high percentage of positive
feedback. I'm three months into trying to amicably resolve a dispute
myself. The seller is pulling every trick in the book to delay what I now
realise will be the inevitable loss for me.

Anyhow, thanks for the heads up on the seller. I'll earmark her for
exclusion.

Cheers,
Alan

Fetko

That's too bad. I bought some 7199's from her, and had no problems.
I was able to match their TV-7 measurements on mine, so I think
they do have a tester. Communication was minimal though. When I bought,
she had good feedback, but that seems to be degrading now...

In article , Jim Anable wrote:
[...]

Bruce C. Miller

I've never gotten scammed, but I have gotten stuff that was advertised
as mint when it had damage.

These days, I only buy stuff from sellers that have more than 98%
positives. Some power sellers can have 98% but still have hundreds of
negatives, so you gotta be careful for that (for example, the guys that
sell those white van "theater research" speakers have plenty of
negatives but still a high %). Also, I only buy from people that have
plenty of feedback from other sales and not just from them buying
stuff. Lastly, I only buy from people that have been ebay members for
more than a year or two. If some guy from Singapore is selling a bunch
of high end electronics, using stock photos from company websites, and
just became an ebay member last month, you can probably expect to be
scammed. Oh, and don't buy anything from 3rd world countries.

Ebay scam or legit? Mikey Pro Audio 0 December 3rd 04 05:08 PM
BEWA eBay Seller REALJAZZCAT Gerry E. Marketplace 21 April 9th 04 07:33 PM
BEWA eBay Seller REALJAZZCAT Gerry E. Vacuum Tubes 0 April 6th 04 12:23 AM
Beware EBay seller jeffluttrell from Boone, NC Chong Ong Marketplace 52 February 22nd 04 10:34 AM
Beware EBay seller jeffluttrell from Boone, NC Chong Ong Vacuum Tubes 52 February 22nd 04 10:34 AM