Joey

Default Kenwood KDC-MP522 Question (just purchased it)

Hey everyone.

I have a question: I purchased a Kenwood KDC-MP522 for $196 CAnadian
(about $150 U.S. Good deal? Or average?)

Anyway my question is this: The deck has CD changer controls, yet on
the back of the unit, there is no RCA inputs for the changer. Only
for the front, and the rear (which can be non-fading). I was gonna
use the rear for my subs, and the front inputs for my fronts
(obviously).

Even though there are no separate inputs for a disc changer, there is
an input for the changer cable (which I believe doesn't provide
audio).

Anyone ever run into a problem like this? I'm confused as to why they
would make a deck with CD Changer controls if there are no RCA inputs
for the changer. Can I use a y-splitter on the front RCA inputs to
connect my amp AND my disc changer? Would that be a problem? I will
also be using an external crossover so I don't know if that would
cause a problem or not as far as the sound goes.

Any help is very much appreciated. I would prefer to be emailed.
Thanks

SentraStyleEMW

Even though there are no separate inputs for a disc changer, there is
an input for the changer cable (which I believe doesn't provide
audio).

The Kenwood uses that plug for it's changer. The Kenwood changers don't use
RCA cables.