Johan Wagener

Default is ground of rca sockets connected?

I have noticed that the ground (of the rca outs/ins) on both the head unit
and the amp is the same.

Should the grounds (metal outside) of the rca plugs say in a 4 channel lead
be connnected to each other?

Is it normally so in a lead that you would buy.

I made my own lead and all the grounds is the same because it gets shorted
by the aluminium foil shielding in the wire.

sanitarium

I think it depends on the individual amp or head.????
My boss crossover has all the RCA outs grounded to each other. My
hifonics 4CH amps have all the RCA inputs grounded together.

Garrett

Johan Wagener wrote:
I have noticed that the ground (of the rca outs/ins) on both the head unit
and the amp is the same.

Should the grounds (metal outside) of the rca plugs say in a 4 channel lead
be connnected to each other?

Is it normally so in a lead that you would buy.

I made my own lead and all the grounds is the same because it gets shorted
by the aluminium foil shielding in the wire.

Johan Wagener

How about the RCA cable then?