RB

Default cd burning software question

I'm fixing to get Nero. I know version 6 is now available, but somewhat
pricey at about $100.

Version 5.5 is only about $14 from one source. Is the diff in price worth
it performance/capability wise?

M. Smith

"RB" wrote in message ...
I'm fixing to get Nero. I know version 6 is now available, but somewhat
pricey at about $100.

Version 5.5 is only about $14 from one source. Is the diff in price worth
it performance/capability wise?

Depends on what you're going to be doing. See
http://www.nero.com/us/631925694661882.html
for a list of the differences between 5.5 and 6. If those differences are
meaningful to you, you'll probably want the extras. However, if all you're
going to do is make regular music and data CDRs, then 5.5 will will burn
just as fast and as well as 6. The also have a demo version of 6 you can
download and try out.

You're the only one who can decide if the difference is worth it. By the
way, the download version of 6 is about $30 less than the boxed version.

chuck

I do know of several folks who were unable to burn
"full" CDs on the newer, faster CD/DVD burners using
5.5, while 6 seemed to work great for them. For me,
5.5 would not even recognize my new, faster burner until I
downloaded a free patch from Nero to my 5.5 that brings it
to 5.5.10.50. It now seems to recognize and burn fine on my
52x24x52x burner.

chuck