Virgo_guy

Default Help, getting the Crisp Detailed accuracy of being able to Clearly hear each individual sound?

I listened to my regular music on headphones instead of in my car.
I was surprised that everything sounded "clearer" and "more detailed".

I was able to hear instruments and sounds that I didn't notice before.

what causes speakers to lose this kind of "detail?"

Moreover, what equipment do I need to get this kind of robust clarity
and richness of each sound? I want to have an "experience" in my car.

The cassette/stereo is stock in a 2000 Honda Accord, the stereo is
loud enough, it just doesn't have good enough sound separation, maybe
it is distorted. Great base, so so tweat, and mid-range. I would
have to say maybe the mid-range or voice is the worst, its a toss up.
The tweat isn't very much better, don't know - some hiss.

I think I might need a ampliphier, or a cross-over, or an equalizer,
or maybe even something else..

Had a EQ in the past, but I have never owned a amp, or cross-over and
don't even know what they do.

Could someone help me out please, I just can't get completely swept
away in the car.

I need a little audio-101.

Thank you so much.
Mark A

"Virgo_guy" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Most of all, you need better speakers. But with the ambient noise inside a
moving car (that is blocked out with headphones) you will never achieve
anything close to what you hear in a living room or with your headphones.

Jerry G.

You will need a very good pair of speakers that are costly. Also, you will
have to match the proper amplifier to these types of speakers. It is also
important that the acoustics of the listening area are properly set up.

Your headphones have very small diaphragms, require little power to run
them, and there is also very little space from the diaphragm surface to your
ears. This allows to have very little loss.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm

"Virgo_guy" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Rich Andrews

(Virgo_guy) wrote in news:eff5acae.0309252058.78394a77
@posting.google.com:

[...]

The car is probably the worst environment to work with when it comes to
good sounding audio. If quality is your goal and not quantity, be
prepared to hunt around for quality car audio dealer/installer. If you
want to try and do it yourself, start with some good replacement speakers.
I recommend McIntosh car speakers as they have the lowest distortion.

science vs. pseudo-science ludovic mirabel High End Audio 91 October 3rd 03 09:56 PM
Sound in Space Rusty Boudreaux Tech 0 September 13th 03 08:58 AM
Why DBTs in audio do not deliver (was: Finally ... The Furutech CD-do-something) Bob Marcus High End Audio 313 September 9th 03 01:17 AM
humming noise sound problem. CJT Tech 0 September 7th 03 03:21 AM
Surround Sound for Stereo Lovers Robert Lang High End Audio 5 July 4th 03 08:39 PM