N.O.Y.B.

Default Using a 16-ohm headphone in a digital reciever headphones out - is it harmful?

I am considering using a pair of 16-ohm headphones (these are earbuds) in a
digital reciever headphone-jack. The headphone output on the reciever is
rated at 150 mV / 100 ohm.

Not sure if it would be safe to use the earbuds at this level, but would
really like some advice from anyone who has any knowledge in this area.

Thanks

Mark

N.O.Y.B. wrote:
I am considering using a pair of 16-ohm headphones (these are

earbuds) in a
digital reciever headphone-jack. The headphone output on the reciever

is
rated at 150 mV / 100 ohm.

Not sure if it would be safe to use the earbuds at this level, but

would
really like some advice from anyone who has any knowledge in this

area.

Thanks

Was that 150 mW maybe?

Mark