Jeff

Default Looking for inexpensive RCA SPDIF to PCI

I have a Stanton STR-80 turntable with RCA SPDIF output.

What is an inexpensive PCI Windows-compatible sound card to capure LPs to
disk?

The analog output to line-in works OK, but I wish to experiment, and hope
digital is better.

Thanks,
Jeff

Richard Crowley

"Jeff" wrote ...
I have a Stanton STR-80 turntable with RCA SPDIF output.

What is an inexpensive PCI Windows-compatible sound card
to capure LPs to disk?

The analog output to line-in works OK, but I wish to experiment,
and hope digital is better.

I keep hearing that Hoontech makes a good, inexpensive card
with SPDIF in and out ("Digital XG"?). But it seems to be
remarkably hard to find where to buy them in North America???

OTOH, My Edirol UA-1D SPDIF-USB interface appears to
not even recognize the digital output from my Stanton STR8-80

Len Moskowitz

Jeff wrote:

I have a Stanton STR-80 turntable with RCA SPDIF output.

What is an inexpensive PCI Windows-compatible sound card to capure LPs to
disk?

If this is truly a turntable with an internal A-to-D converter and
S/PDIF output you could use an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 card. It's
reliable, easy to install and priced at under $150.

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912