arizona cowboy

Default need source for odd power cable

Hi, does anyone know where to purchase the odd size 2-prong power cables
used by Tandberg and Revox equipment in the 80's?

I don't really want to give $30+ to the Revox dealer when I have seen
versions of this cable in the last few years made in Taiwan, China & India
for less than $5

thanks!

Dale Farmer

arizona cowboy wrote:

Hi, does anyone know where to purchase the odd size 2-prong power cables
used by Tandberg and Revox equipment in the 80's?

I don't really want to give $30+ to the Revox dealer when I have seen
versions of this cable in the last few years made in Taiwan, China & India
for less than $5

thanks!

Check your local hamfests. If you know the IEC number of the plug,
there are lots of specialty power cord places that will sell you one.

--Dale

Kalman Rubinson

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 23:53:17 GMT, Dale Farmer
wrote:

arizona cowboy wrote:

Hi, does anyone know where to purchase the odd size 2-prong power cables
used by Tandberg and Revox equipment in the 80's?

I don't really want to give $30+ to the Revox dealer when I have seen
versions of this cable in the last few years made in Taiwan, China & India
for less than $5

thanks!

Check your local hamfests. If you know the IEC number of the plug,
there are lots of specialty power cord places that will sell you one.

Or you can replace the socket on the chassis with a standard modern
IEC connector.

Kal
James Nipper

Post your question in one of the ham groups:

rec.radio.swap

rec.radio.amateur

rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

rec.radio.amateur.equipment

We geezers have all kinds of stuff in our junk boxes. Most hams would give
you the plug if they had it and you would pay shipping.

Let me know if this helps.

73 de Jim K4PYT

Power Cord recommendation chord Audio Opinions 40 July 21st 04 12:54 PM
Some serious cable measurements with interesting results. Bruno Putzeys High End Audio 78 December 19th 03 03:27 AM
Power outage Don Cooper Pro Audio 120 August 27th 03 03:47 PM
Source for short lengths of Belden cable Matt Distefano Tech 0 August 7th 03 12:36 AM
Quad snake cable Justin Ulysses Morse Pro Audio 8 July 3rd 03 05:10 PM