xybor

Default wtb: Schoeps CMC641

I am looking for a pair of Schoeps CMC641 mics. Preferably a matched pair
or the U.S. stereo set. Will consider single mics.

Terry

Ty Ford

In Article ers.com,
"xybor" wrote:
I am looking for a pair of Schoeps CMC641 mics. Preferably a matched pair
or the U.S. stereo set. Will consider single mics.

Terry

If you're in theUS, you can access the list of sellers from Redding Audio's
Website;

http://www.reddingaudio.com/dealers....oductline_id=2

Regards,

Ty Ford

Authorized Schoeps Dealers
Audio Engineering Associates
1029 North Allen Avenue
Pasadena, CA &nbsp91104
Phone 626.798.9128

Cascade Media

3117 S.E. Milwaukie Avenue

Portland, OR &nbsp97202

Phone 888.336.4643

Coast Recording

6223 Santa Monica Blvd.

Hollywood, CA &nbsp90038

Phone 323.462.6058
Coffey Sound
3353 West Cahuenga Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA &nbsp90068
Phone 323.876.7525

Film/Video Equipment Service

Company

800 South Jason

Denver, CO &nbsp80223

Phone 303.778.8616

L.A. Music Services

2367 W. 208th Street

Unit D-2

Torrance, CA &nbsp90501

Phone 310.787.0123
Leo's Professional Audio
(Oakland)
5447 Telegraph Avenue
Oakland, CA &nbsp94609
Phone 510.652.1553

Leo's Professional Audio (SF)

251 6th Street

San Francisco, CA &nbsp94109

Phone 415.371.8200

Location Sound Corporation

10639 Riverside Drive

North Hollywood, CA &nbsp91602

Phone 818.980.9891
Masterpiece A/V
31 Bridgewater Road
New Milford, CT &nbsp06776
Phone 888.462.7828

Oade Brothers Audio

316 S. Broad Street

Thomasville, GA &nbsp31792

Phone 229.228.4480

Parsons Audio

192 Worcester Street

Wellesley, MA &nbsp02481

Phone 781.431.8708
Posthorn Recordings
142 West 26th Street
New York, NY &nbsp10001
Phone 212.242.3737

Pro Media/Ultra Sound

800 Alfred Nobel Dr.

Hercules, CA &nbsp94547

Phone 510.741.2925

Professional Sound Services

311 W. 43rd St., STE 1100

New York, NY &nbsp10036

Phone 212.586.1033
Sonic Sense
2755 S. Gilpin Street
Denver, CO &nbsp80210
Phone 303.753.0201

Sound Pure

312 N. Buchanan Blvd. Suite 206

Durham, NC &nbsp27701

Phone 919.682.5552

T.C. Furlong

27885 N. Irma Lee Circle

Unit 101

Lake Forest, IL &nbsp60045

Phone 847.367.9588
TAI Audio
5828 Old Winter Garden Road
Orlando, FL &nbsp32835
Phone 407.296.9959

Talamas Broadcast Equipment

145 California Street

Newton, MA &nbsp02158

Phone 617.928.0788

Trew Audio

240 Great Circle Rd., STE 339

Nashville, TN &nbsp37228

Phone 615.256.3542
Turner Audio
97 South Main St., Unit 10
Newtown, CT &nbsp06470
Phone 203.270.2933

Vark Audio

8101 MacArthur Blvd.

Cabin John, MD &nbsp20818

Phone 301.229.0288

Vintage Tones, LLC

300 Pleasant Valley Road

Suite E

South Windsor, CT &nbsp06074

Phone 860.882.5916
Wind Over The Earth
3063 Sterling Circle East #4
Boulder, CO &nbsp80301
Phone 303.443.9822

We are
open Monday - Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM Eastern.
Redding Audio, Inc.
97 South Main Street, Unit 10 Newtown, CT 06470
Phone: (203) 270.1808
Fax: (203) 270.2934 Email:

For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on
http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

Ron Charles

Default Schoeps CMC641

I have a pair of superb sounding CMC4 (same as CMC6 except for the fact they
use T power instad of phantom power). in mint shape at $900 US/pair and 2
used MK41 capsules in great working shape but a bit scratched up at $350
US/pair.

RON

"xybor" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
I am looking for a pair of Schoeps CMC641 mics. Preferably a matched pair
or the U.S. stereo set. Will consider single mics.

Terry

Martin

Just for you information the price in Canada is slightly higher plus we have
to pay 7% goods and services tax. So, the price you have been quoted looks
good to me. I'll have to check how much brokerage is on a pair of Schoeps.
Perhaps I should order from the US. Does anyone see any issues with doing
this? The only thought I had was repair. But since the closest dealer to me
in Canada is 2000 miles away it really doesn't much matter where I send
them, if they do happen to fail.

Martin

"xybor" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
Hi Ty,

Thanks for replying. I had already been there. The retailers appear to

be
bound to sell for full list, $2465 for the matched pair. I was hoping to
find something at less than list, perhaps even NOS at the old price or

used.

Terry

"Ty Ford" wrote in message
In Article ers.com,
"xybor" wrote:
[...]

Ron Charles

Just to answer you Canada questions about Schoeps...

There is no duty on Microphones heading into Canada (or any other G8 nation
as per International Hamonized Customs Classification Agreements Section
8518).
Brokerage fees never are added to Fedex Air Express or Expedited, or UPS Air
or Expedited. 7% GST plus any PST are required to be payed upon receipt of
items.

Discounted Schoeps prices may be found at a select few well established
authorized Schoeps dealers in the Montreal and Toronto areas, but these
places cannot ever advertise below list prices as per agreement with
Schoeps.

I have personally found CMC singles and US boxed sets here in Canada for 10
to 15% below US $ list.

Repair issues are generally dealt with via shipment directly to Germany or
by service at places such as Gotham Audio Canada.
RON CHARLES

. ca...

"xybor" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
Hi Ty,

Thanks for replying. I had already been there. The retailers appear to

be
bound to sell for full list, $2465 for the matched pair. I was hoping

find something at less than list, perhaps even NOS at the old price or

used.

Terry

"Ty Ford" wrote in message
In Article ers.com,

"xybor" wrote:
[...]

Martin

Ron,

Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll have to look around a bit more. Ten to
fifteen percent adds up at those prices.

Martin

"Ron Charles" wrote in message
[...]

. ca...

"xybor" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
Hi Ty,

Thanks for replying. I had already been there. The retailers appear

be
bound to sell for full list, $2465 for the matched pair. I was hoping

find something at less than list, perhaps even NOS at the old price or

used.

Terry

"Ty Ford" wrote in message
In Article

ers.com,

"xybor" wrote:
[...]

no spam

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:22:24 -0400, "Ron Charles"
wrote:

T power instad of phantom power

What's T power?

Paul Gitlitz
Glitchless Productions
www.glitchless.net
Kurt Albershardt

no spam wrote:

T power instad of phantom power

What's T power?

Tonaderspeisung--it's in the FAQ http://www.recaudiopro.net/faq/

Mike Rivers

In article writes:

What's T power?

Microphone power that's applied between the two signal pins (2 and 3)
rather than between Pin 1 and pins 2 and 3 together. There are
adapters available, and a few devices provide T power as an alternate
to phantom power.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )