braxus

Default 1980s JVC portable stereo

I'm wondering if anyone can help me remember the model number of a mid 1980s
portable stereo JVC put out. It had 3 way detachable speakers that mounted
on the sides of the unit. The top carrying handle was detachable and could
be mounted on the front of the detachable cassette deck. The cassette deck
was removable to be used by itself, and was powered by I think 10 D cell
batteries. The deck had a LCD backlit display, auto reverse, logic control
buttons, Dolby B & C, 2 mike inputs, and input level sliders. When the deck
was attached to the power amp section, it powered the rest of the unit as
well. The main amp was about 20 to 25 watts power, and it had a tuner below
it. This was a fairly higher end boom box. I liked using it because the tape
deck could be powered anywhere for high quality audio recordings on location
in Dolby C.

Does anyone remember the model number for this thing?

--
Please remove "nospam" from my address when replying to my emails