Zomoniac

Default Getting a natural sound

Hi all

My home recording rig is as follows:

Athlon 2 x MP2800
2GB RAM
200GB HDD
Delta 1010 full version sound card
Pod XT
Pod XT Bass
Roland TD8 V-Custom kit
Focusright Voicemaster Pro
Korg Triton Rack with Pianos and Orchestral Collection boards

Now I'm aware that by using simulated amps, drums and pianos it's never
going to sound pro-end real, but at the moment all my recordings just sound
very mechanical. Even if I just solo one instrument then it just sounds so
unnatural, even the vocal, which is recorded through an SM58 Beta and the
Voicemaster Pro, which I'd expect to sound much better. I've tried softening
things up with a little bit of reverb here and there, but that doesn't help
much. What can I do to just polish up my sound a little and stop everything
sound so fake? I'm using Cubase VST 5.5 as well if that helps. TIA.

Zo

Steely Dan The Absolute Sound Steven Sullivan High End Audio 585 August 26th 04 02:17 AM
Sound vs. Audio Bob Smoot Pro Audio 3 March 8th 04 11:13 PM
Sound card for an audiophile? Faisal Bhua Pro Audio 44 March 3rd 04 06:13 PM
Live Sound Vs Studio Sound FrankDebro1 Pro Audio 155 October 10th 03 06:35 PM
hum..buzz sound !!! help!! it's annoying~ Ricky W. Hunt Pro Audio 2 September 7th 03 02:40 PM