David

Default CD won't play.....copy will........what's up with that?

x-no-archive: yes

I bought a 4 cd set of Jazz from Costco for $17.99. I put disc one in a
Denon from 1986 and the disc would not load. Finally it did and began to
play and skip. Then I tried it in a 10 year old Marantz and 2 different
cd burners. No problem.

On a wild guess I decided to copy the disc which I did. IT played
flawlessly in the old Denon. So why wouldn't the original disc load or
play in the Denon but the copy I burned of it would?

I don't want to take the set back back to Costco if 2,3,4 play. I did
get a chicka, chicka, chicka, from the Denon and an error of OC. I'd be
happy with the copy of disc one as I realize I could get the last set
and it could have a problem. This way I have a copy I can play on either
machine. Both CD players were close to top of the line if that matters.
Mark D. Zacharias

Some discs weigh more than others, and some Denons have a history of bad (or
collapsed) rubber insulators. In a borderline situation, a heavier disc
might "barely" scrape when it plays, while a lighter (cheaper) CDR would
not.
I've repaired many Denons, and other brands. This scenario isn't that
uncommon.

Mark Z.

"David" wrote in message
x-no-archive: yes

I bought a 4 cd set of Jazz from Costco for $17.99. I put disc one in a
Denon from 1986 and the disc would not load. Finally it did and began to
play and skip. Then I tried it in a 10 year old Marantz and 2 different
cd burners. No problem.

On a wild guess I decided to copy the disc which I did. IT played
flawlessly in the old Denon. So why wouldn't the original disc load or
play in the Denon but the copy I burned of it would?

I don't want to take the set back back to Costco if 2,3,4 play. I did
get a chicka, chicka, chicka, from the Denon and an error of OC. I'd be
happy with the copy of disc one as I realize I could get the last set
and it could have a problem. This way I have a copy I can play on either
machine. Both CD players were close to top of the line if that matters.

Peter Larsen

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote:

I've repaired many Denons, and other brands.

I have a 2500. Great sound. Won't read TOC unless stone cold, appears to
be a temperature sensitive adjustment. Which potentiometer do I try?

Mark Z.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

* \\\\\\\ Quality Ascii handcrafted by Peter Larsen /////// *
* \\\\\\\ My site is at: http://www.muyiovatki.dk /////// *

Peter Larsen

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote:

No potentiometer - look to see if the disc clamper disc is scraping as the
disc rotates.

Ah, thanks!

mz

Kind regards