Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] shriramosu@gmail.com is offline

Default Recommendations for HU and where to get it?

Hi

I have a 1997 Acura Integra GSR, and had a Pioneer Premier deck in it
that was stolen. Looking to replace it with a deck with good SQ and
then upgrade amp, speakers (probably wont do sub). So looking in good
decks to buy (good value ones esp) that have good SQ and can play WMA.

If they have good enough quality would be nice to keep it without
upgrading amp's and just do speakers, but think have to upgrade amp
also.

What features (pre out voltage etc) should I be looking for and what is
the sequence of upgrades, ie HU first, then speakers/amp etc? I want
detachable face plate or some anti theft feature, and more importantly
what HU"s and what are good places to buy them.

Shriram

I do want to keep expenses down as think car audio can be very good,
but the car is a noisy environment (1st expense for me is sound
deadening).