Dan

Default receiver with small footprint

Can anyone recommend a small high (well, high by my standards, maybe not so
high by yours) quality receiver, ideally with a remote control? I want it to
drive my two PSB Image speaker playing a broad selection of music (no HT) in
my small (18x12) living room. I want something wioth the smallest possible
footprint. I am currently using an ancient NAD receiver, but wondered if
there sare maller boxes out there. Budget under $400.

Dan

(N) wrote in message om...
"Dan" lose
wrote in message ...
Can anyone recommend a small high (well, high by my standards, maybe not so
high by yours) quality receiver, ideally with a remote control?

One more thought:

Do you have access to UK magazines, such as What Hifi? (In the US,
it's sold on large newsstands, Border's, Barnes & Noble, etc.) In the
UK, there's much more of the compact audio gear sold than in the US.
Anyway, if you can get the magazine or something like it (I think they
have a Web site too), then you could look at that, then check the
makers' web sites to see if the gear is also available in the US.

Another thought: If you have a CD or DVd player with volume control on
the remote (not too rare a feature, but you have to look for it), you
could do this:

CD or DVD player - Amp - Speakers

However, you'd probably have to turn off the amp manually.

To save space, you could put the amp in some out of-the-way place in
your room.

I want it to
drive my two PSB Image speaker playing a broad selection of music (no HT) in
my small (18x12) living room. I want something wioth the smallest possible
footprint. I am currently using an ancient NAD receiver, but wondered if
there sare maller boxes out there. Budget under $400.

Dan

See the TEAC receivers at:

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=552057

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=11460

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3668110 (also has
CD/DVD player)

http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.proc...ch&lastSearch=

Who fabricates 8 Ohms speakers...? I can't find other except Sony... Faustino Dina General 40 December 19th 04 01:28 AM
NAD receiver Dan General 5 April 9th 04 11:58 AM
Subwoofer hum: is it my receiver? Brian General 15 February 20th 04 09:11 PM
Bose receiver broken and need alternate. Bill S. General 7 February 5th 04 11:31 AM
Looking for small radio receiver with AV Todd General 0 January 31st 04 12:56 PM