George M. Middius

Default English lesson for Arnii Krooborg

Arnii, you're confused again. I still think all you need is therapy, maybe
tempered with some mild medications. Maybe a low dose of Thorazine, just to
calm you down when you get all frenzied and paranoid.

Back to the point, though ... earlier today, I noticed you were claiming to
be proud of being a nerd. You seemed to be attributing superior earning
power to nerds in general. Rather than guess what kind of synaptic meltdown
led to such an embarrassing Krooclamation, I'll just refresh your
****-encrusted memory with the definition of this very common slang word.

nerd n. [informal; disapproving]
a person, especially a man, who is unattractive and awkward or socially
embarrassing

nerd also nurd [slang]
A foolish, inept, or unattractive person

nerd n
an unstylish, unattractive, or socially inept person

nerd n [slang]
a socially inept person, usu. male; an unattractive or uncharismatic person

Pick one, Turdborg. They all seem to fit.

Repeat after me: "Bull****! Bull****! Bull****!" There, that's better. ;-)

Robert Morein

The meaning of "nerd" is in flux. I would not honor Arny with this
categorization. Could we please agree on "geek" ?

From http://hyperdictionary.com/search.aspx?define=nerd , the associations
of "nerd" are still somewhat negative, but not overwhelmingly so. Although
not reflected in the definition, some of the public have grudging admiration
for the role of some such people of single-minded focus in the technological
revolution of the past 25 years.

Meaning of NERD
Pronunciation: n'urd

WordNet Dictionary

Definition: [n] a student who studies excessively

Synonyms: grind, swot, wonk

See Also: assimilator, learner, scholar

Dream Dictionary

Definition: Seeing or dreaming that you are a nerd indicates feelings of
inferiority and/or ineffectiveness. You feel that you have been overlooked.
------------------------------------

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

[...]

Arny Krueger

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast
[dot] net wrote in message

Arnii, you're confused again.

Yeah, I'm so confused that I got Art so frustrated that he
has the shakes again, and is making null posts.

I still think all you need is
therapy, maybe tempered with some mild medications. Maybe

low dose of Thorazine, just to calm you down when you get

all
frenzied and paranoid.

I'm happy to defer to your apparent great personal
experience with Thorazine, Middius. I know very little about
it but the name.

Back to the point, though ... earlier today, I noticed you
were claiming to be proud of being a nerd.

Unlike you Middius, I am at peace with myself and who I am.

You seemed to be
attributing superior earning power to nerds in general.

Naah I didn't claim superiority, just that being a Nerd is
one of several wasys to do well.

BTW Middius, why don't you tell us what your professional
experiences have been?

Rather
than guess what kind of synaptic meltdown led to such an
embarrassing Krooclamation, I'll just refresh your
****-encrusted memory with the definition of this very

common
slang word.

Since you cite no support for the definition you give
Middius, it's safe to say that you probably made it up and
it should be therefore summarily dismissed:

Now here's a definition from an independent, authoritative
source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerd

"Traditionally, the designation nerd (occasionally in the
form nurd) applies to an intellectually gifted (probably
120 or so IQ) but lonely and socially awkward person, one
fascinated by knowledge, especially science and mathematics,
and less interested in physical and social activities.
Visual impairment (hence the glasses) and some form of
High-Functioning Autism are also common characteristics, and
the social impairment can often be explained by the latter.
Beginning in the late 1990s, many nerds on the Internet
reclaimed the word nerd as a badge of pride, and began using
it as a positive description of any technically competent
person, with less implication or focus on social
awkwardness. Dispute continues as to whether to regard nerd
and geek as synonyms, or if not, as to exactly how they
differ."

So as usual Middius, you demonstrate that you have problems
with being mainstream and up-to-date.

Arny Krueger wrote:

snipped

BTW Middius, why don't you tell us what your professional
experiences have been?

He was a tech writer for a dry cleaner/funeral home in the DC area. The
secret of their success was that dry cleaning chemicals are much
cheaper than embalming fluid, and they "last" just long enough so the
families never know. Unfortunately, Middius' penchant for necrophilia
with male cadavers led to their demise. ;-)

Clyde Slick

[dot] net wrote in message

[...]

A geek is nerd with 10 to 20 fewer IQ points.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and consider you a nerd.

Clyde Slick

wrote in message
oups.com...

Arny Krueger wrote:

snipped

BTW Middius, why don't you tell us what your professional
experiences have been?

He was a tech writer for a dry cleaner/funeral home in the DC area. The
secret of their success was that dry cleaning chemicals are much
cheaper than embalming fluid, and they "last" just long enough so the
families never know. Unfortunately, Middius' penchant for necrophilia
with male cadavers led to their demise. ;-)

Being the high class guy you are,
its good to know that you wash your clothes with embalming fluid.

Clyde Slick wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Arny Krueger wrote:

snipped

BTW Middius, why don't you tell us what your professional
experiences have been?

He was a tech writer for a dry cleaner/funeral home in the DC area. The
secret of their success was that dry cleaning chemicals are much
cheaper than embalming fluid, and they "last" just long enough so the
families never know. Unfortunately, Middius' penchant for necrophilia
with male cadavers led to their demise. ;-)

Being the high class guy you are,
its good to know that you wash your clothes with embalming fluid.

Hate to tell ya, Arty, but that's not "embalming fluid" that Middius
has been shooting down your throat all these years.

George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said to Little ****:

Being the high class guy you are,
its good to know that you wash your clothes with embalming fluid.

He has to use something strong. After he beats off, he lies around for days,
and the cum dries to a nasty fossil on his overalls.

Art Sackman said:

"A geek is nerd with 10 to 20 fewer IQ points.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and consider you a nerd."

Actually the first use of the word geek I ever heard, was a reference
to a drunken derelict from a side show, known to do anything for a
drink, including biting the heads off chickens. Perhaps you've heard
of the term "circus geek?"

On another completely different subject, I saw Michelle Malkin on
O'Reilly tonight, and loved her reference to the BBC as having the same
amount of credibility as the Daily Show.

If I worked on the Daily Show, I think I'd be insulted.

sam

dick Malesweski writes:

Hate to tell ya, Arty, but that's not "embalming fluid" that Middius
has been shooting down your throat all these years.

how do you know what Middius shoots, dick?
first hand experience?

Margaret von B.

[dot] net wrote in message

Arnii, you're confused again.

Yeah, I'm so confused that I got Art so frustrated that he
has the shakes again, and is making null posts.

I still think all you need is
therapy, maybe tempered with some mild medications. Maybe

low dose of Thorazine, just to calm you down when you get

all
frenzied and paranoid.

I'm happy to defer to your apparent great personal
experience with Thorazine, Middius. I know very little about
it but the name.

Hmmm...interesting parallel to your well-publicized illegal pornography
incident. Except for having a hard drive full of it, you knew very little
about that too...

Cheers,

Margaret