sax people

Default Best choice for Jazz music

I'm not a Hi-End user but really want to buy some nice equipment for long-term purpose.

My question is: If mainly for Jazz music (Standard Jazz, Bossa Nova, Smooth Jazz, Contemporary Jazz), especially for saxophone music. I prefer clear but thick sound, need very high Transparent as well. My budget is under US$ 10,000. What is best choice for:

1) Speaker (need floor stand)
2) Pre-Amp (but not tube amp)
3) Power Amo (No tube amp)
4) CD Player
5) Speaker cable
6) Signal cable

NOTE:
1) Speaker = I think I like Proac's 1.5 or 2.5. I used to listen to their sound, I think that's the sound I like - Clear, Pure but thick. High Transparent in all range & Quick response. Will ProAc is very good choice for Jazz music? Any other similar choice ?

2) Amp (Both Pre-Amp & Power Amp = No tube amp + no mono amp). What about TAG McLaren amp ? I think they are good for Jazz (?) Which model can match ProAc 1.5 & 2.5 ?

3) CD Player = Acram is a good choice but which model ?

3) Don't need a very big system.

Thanks.

White Swan

I've never heard of any of those things, so I'm guessing that you are
talking about Audiopile-type hi-fi listening/playback systems? You
want to listen to jazz CD's, not actually record jazz, correct?

Maybe someone here will help you, but i think you are in the wrong
room. Mostly we discuss recording and recording gear. Home playback
systems are probably discussed in depth elswhere.
Roger W. Norman

You might want to ask over at rec.audio.high-end.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"sax people" wrote in message
[...]

Kick the compression habit no useful info Audio Opinions 10 August 2nd 04 11:16 PM
Best Choice for Jazz music sax people General 1 March 13th 04 08:25 AM
Sound, Music, Balance Robert Trosper High End Audio 1 November 21st 03 04:09 AM
New RIAA Twist? John Payne Pro Audio 11 October 28th 03 05:11 AM
hearing loss info Andy Weaks Car Audio 17 August 10th 03 08:32 AM