Posted to rec.audio.opinion
bassett bassett is offline

Default how much money to spend on a CD player relative to cheap speakers?

Sander deWaal" wrote in message
"bassett" barked:

Teac are cheap and nasty and considered sub-standard, and are really
only
cheap toys, didn't the Australian arm of the company go broke. I can
remember them getting the receivers in, to wind up the company, some
time ago.

They went broke because they make cheap toys?

***Answered your own question, end of post..

Cheap toys is what stupid consumers like you *want*, K9.
A new cell phone each year, a new mp3 player each year, ever changing
memory cards that won't fit in the old one, and vice versa.

***With friends like you , I want for nothing. .
Mobile phones don't work , in my part of modern Australia, I have
no use
for a MP3 player. So I also have no use for memory or "Sim" cards

China understood that lesson, some Japanese companies did not.
Too bad, because that's just how they grew big in the '50s and '60s.

***I think your a little confused, but it's quite understandable, since
your education leaves a lot to be desired.
I think what you ment to say, was that the Chinese are now
where the Japs where in the 50's and 60's

My old TEAC VRDS10 is still playing in my father's system, it has been
up and running for over 10 years now, without changing parts.
Just cleaning the lens every 2 years or so.

*** Wonderfull, I,m happy for you,

Sony are expencive for what you get, and very time consuming to have
repaired, IF you can find someone to repair there stuff. These days
you
only pay for the name. and any connection between there domestic
stocks and there professional arm, is only in the name..
bassett

Newsflash, pal:

***This will be good, I'm all ears. (sic)

*Nothing* today is made to repair or to even last longer than 2 years.
They want you to buy new, even worse but ever so cheap stuff when the
old ones break down.

***More rubbish from the unwashed, You will be pleased to know that
Macintosh's warrenty remains regardless of how many times the item is
sold. but if your only paying a pittance, then you really can't expect
much. Your return postage would be worth more then the item your
returning.

That's also why they foist ever more new formats upon us.

***Only if your gullable enough to what there ever increasing product
lines.
Mobile phones are a very good example of this. The old Analogue
service worked everywhere, no one had trouble getting connected. Rain
and Shine. Then the digital system arrived, fine in the cities, crap
in the bush, So they intoduced CDMA, same story, sometimes it worked,
mostly it didn't, So now we have this new 3G Network. All very
wonderful, Internet,Foxtel,SMS,Vidio links, and now MP3, If we wait
another 12 months. [No one knows why that is] Trouble is the phone side
of it is hopeless. How does the blerb go,, "Coverage" 98% of Australians,
with extra coverage planned.. Only trouble with that is most of us in the
Bush live in the remaining two percent.

Older Sonys are actually very simple to repair, usually all one needs
is a hot soldering iron and a couple meters of Sn/Pb.

***Providing you can access the spare parts, and Sony are known for a
very
long wait for supplying spares. and an excessively priced

Now go back to your doghouse and spell out the latest Walmart folder.

O this tells us everything, Your a bloody know everything septic tank,
We don't have your Walmart in OZ, Lucky us,, they tried to get a hold
on the Australian retail market. And the govenment told them to ****
off, Pity they didn't tell you the same thing.
bassett

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:46:51 +1100, "bassett"
wrote:

***I think your a little confused, but it's quite understandable, since
your education leaves a lot to be desired.

(...gasp....wheeze....

....fall backwards in a dead faint...)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote:

***I think your a little confused, but it's quite
understandable, since your education leaves a lot
to be desired.

(...gasp....wheeze....

...fall backwards in a dead faint...)

Let's call Bassett's recent posts what they really are - evidence of a
complete and total meltdown.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

wrote:

***I think your a little confused, but it's quite
understandable, since your education leaves a lot
to be desired.

(...gasp....wheeze....

...fall backwards in a dead faint...)

Let's call Bassett's recent posts what they really are - evidence of a
complete and total meltdown.

I think...yes, it's happening...I think I agree with you.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
bassett bassett is offline

wrote:

***I think your a little confused, but it's quite
understandable, since your education leaves a lot
to be desired.

(...gasp....wheeze....

...fall backwards in a dead faint...)

Let's call Bassett's recent posts what they really are - evidence of a
complete and total meltdown.

I think...yes, it's happening...I think I agree with you.

You pair of wally's should get married,, You really deserve each
other.. I expect Krueger already owns a poodle.
And if you don't understand that quote, no doubt Pauline will
explain.

bassett

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

***I think your a little confused, but it's quite
understandable, since your education leaves a
lot to be desired.

(...gasp....wheeze....

...fall backwards in a dead faint...)

Let's call Bassett's recent posts what they really are
- evidence of a complete and total meltdown.

I think...yes, it's happening...I think I agree with you.

You pair of wally's should get married,, You really deserve each
other.. I expect Krueger already owns a
poodle.

Wrong. My dogs are a shepherd/huskie mix, and a Jindo. They like poodles -
for lunch, as side dish. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
bassett bassett is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

***I think your a little confused, but it's quite
understandable, since your education leaves a
lot to be desired.

(...gasp....wheeze....

...fall backwards in a dead faint...)

Let's call Bassett's recent posts what they really are
- evidence of a complete and total meltdown.

I think...yes, it's happening...I think I agree with you.

You pair of wally's should get married,, You really deserve each
other.. I expect Krueger already owns a
poodle.

Wrong. My dogs are a shepherd/huskie mix, and a Jindo. They like poodles -
for lunch, as side dish. ;-)

That figures, nothing like a good mongrel,, But I,ve never heard of a
"Jindo" and the Cruffs register don't list them, care to enlighten
us..
So what's the dog attack record like in your little backyard. There
has been considerably trouble here with American Pitt bulls, and there
crosses to the point where there banned in most states. Together with
Tozers.

bassett

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

***I think your a little confused, but it's quite
understandable, since your education leaves a
lot to be desired.

(...gasp....wheeze....

...fall backwards in a dead faint...)

Let's call Bassett's recent posts what they really are
- evidence of a complete and total meltdown.

I think...yes, it's happening...I think I agree with
you.

You pair of wally's should get married,, You really deserve each
other.. I expect Krueger already
owns a poodle.

Wrong. My dogs are a shepherd/huskie mix, and a Jindo.
They like poodles - for lunch, as side dish. ;-)

That figures, nothing like a good mongrel,, But I,ve
never heard of a "Jindo" and the Cruffs register don't
list them, care to enlighten us..

Bassett, You never heard of google, I take it?

So what's the dog attack record like in your little
backyard.

Wrong again. The kennel is in the side yard. With us the dogs are gentle
and loving. Not so with people who step out of line.

There has been considerably trouble here with American Pitt
bulls, and there crosses to the point where there
banned in most states. Together with Tozers.

It takes a world-class fool to not think to use google to research a dog
breed, wouldn't you say?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

bassett a scris:

That figures, nothing like a good mongrel,, But I,ve never heard of a
"Jindo" and the Cruffs register don't list them, care to enlighten
us..
So what's the dog attack record like in your little backyard. There
has been considerably trouble here with American Pitt bulls, and there
crosses to the point where there banned in most states. Together with
Tozers.

We don't have Tozers here, but its not because they are banned.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"bassett" wrote in message

That figures, nothing like a good mongrel,, But I,ve
never heard of a "Jindo" and the Cruffs register don't
list them, care to enlighten us..

Bassett, You never heard of google, I take it?

*** Yes, Yes,, we know,, But as I said, If it doesn't list on the
Cruff's regester, it does not exist... And Googles got **** all to do
with it. We are talking about a Dog Standard, Not an idiot american
miss-named mutt.

So what's the dog attack record like in your little
backyard.

Wrong again. The kennel is in the side yard. With us the dogs are gentle
and loving. Not so with people who step out of line.

**** Common reply with someone owning savage dogs,, and you will
continue to bleat that reply, until the bloody things rip some poor
bloody kids face off. Hopyfully they will attack one of your kids,,,
Then and only then, will you understand , that those breeds of dogs
really do need a lead injection.

There has been considerably trouble here with American Pitt
bulls, and there crosses to the point where there
banned in most states. Together with Tozers.

It takes a world-class fool to not think to use google to research a dog
breed, wouldn't you say?

**** As I said, ""Cruffs regester"" But knowing your lot, you
would have no bloody idea what that is, or how to referance it.

bassett

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
bassett bassett is offline

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
ps.com...

That figures, nothing like a good mongrel,, But I,ve never heard of a
"Jindo" and the Cruffs register don't list them, care to enlighten
us..
So what's the dog attack record like in your little backyard. There
has been considerably trouble here with American Pitt bulls, and
there
crosses to the point where there banned in most states. Together with
Tozers.

We don't have Tozers here, but its not because they are banned.

And where play is "HERE"
So lets discuss "Argentinean Fighting Dogs.". Do you have an
opinion on those as well..

bassett

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"bassett" wrote in message

That figures, nothing like a good mongrel,, But I,ve
never heard of a "Jindo" and the Cruffs register don't list them,
care to enlighten us..

Bassett, You never heard of google, I take it?

*** Yes, Yes,, we know,, But as I said, If it doesn't
list on the Cruff's regester, it does not exist...

Actually, "Cruff's regester" does not exist. Its proper name is "Cruft's
Register."

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/385

It is just a list of breeds recognized by a local dog club in some little
country in Europe. So what?

And
Googles got **** all to do with it. We are talking
about a Dog Standard, Not an idiot american
miss-named mutt.

Yeah Bassett you *are* just as congenitally stupid as all those people say.
Even with a big hint, you would rather look stupid rather than google up
Jindo and find out that its not an Americal dog breed at all. It is Korean.
Of course we have them in the US as a consequence of being so cosmopolitan -
arguably the most cosmopolitan country in the world.

BTW for your info: http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/jindo.htm

So what's the dog attack record like in your little
backyard.

Wrong again. The kennel is in the side yard. With us
the dogs are gentle and loving. Not so with people who
step out of line.

**** Common reply with someone owning savage dogs,,
and you will continue to bleat that reply, until the
bloody things rip some poor bloody kids face off.

Can't happen. These dogs' jaws are too weak to even break the skin.

But their bark and body language can be pretty scary to people who aren't in
on the joke.

Hopyfully they will attack one of your kids,,, Then and
only then, will you understand , that those breeds of
dogs really do need a lead injection.

These dogs play well with my grandchildren. My biggest concern is that they
will lick the kids in the face, which is not real appetizing.

There has been considerably trouble here with American Pitt bulls,
and there crosses to the point
where there banned in most states. Together with Tozers.

Mentioning pit bulls in the same sentence with Jindo dogs is a real hoot.

It takes a world-class fool to not think to use google
to research a dog breed, wouldn't you say?

**** As I said, ""Cruffs regester"" But knowing
your lot, you would have no bloody idea what that
is, or how to referance it.

Cruft's Register is hardly the world standard for identifiying breeds of
dogs, as anybody who googles Jindo will find.

But thanks for sharing your xenophobia and generalized ignorance with us,
Bassett.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
bassett bassett is offline

"bassett" wrote in message

[...]

I did a google search, as per your instruction, It would seem the AKC
[american kennel club] do not recognise the breed,, That sort of rips
the Arse out of your Nighty, somewhat. And if the Septic Set don't
recognise them,, they really don't exist

Care to comment.
bassett