Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Stephen McLuckie

Default Why shouldn't someone buy Bose?

"Farrell8882" wrote in message
news:Ac%9c.30674$K91.88721@attbi_s02...
A friend of mine asked me "Why _not_ Bose?" and I really don't have an

answer
for her. I know audiophiles routinely revile the brand, but that's not an
excuse I'm comfortable sharing. It's not one I can either defend or

expound on.

I recall reading a very good point-by-point analysis here (or somewhere

people
here would be familiar with) that takes apart Bose (both the speaker and

the
myth), exposing what a really shoddy piece of workmanship a Bose speaker

is.
It's technical, but not incomprehensible.

I only paid partial attention because I'd never buy anything by Bose, so I

had
no reason to read any more deeply. I've seen it a couple of times in the

last
few years, including sometime this winter.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

This is probably what you read: http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Stephen