Mic preamp comparison

Old May 19th 21, 10:17 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah

Default Mic preamp comparison

I recorded two mono channels, each through a different preamp into the same
audio interface. I normalized those, then arranged the results as A/B/A/B
into the same sound file.

All things were as equal as I could make them, other than the preamps.
Can you detect a difference? Do you like one better?

http://ven.rcsreg.com/r2/2_pres.wav

Later, I'll disclose the premps.

Tobiah
Old May 20th 21, 01:02 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris K-Man

On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 5:18:05 PM UTC-4, Tobiah wrote:
> I recorded two mono channels, each through a different preamp into the same
> audio interface. I normalized those, then arranged the results as A/B/A/B
> into the same sound file.
>
> All things were as equal as I could make them, other than the preamps.
> Can you detect a difference? Do you like one better?
>
> http://ven.rcsreg.com/r2/2_pres.wav
>
> Later, I'll disclose the premps.
>

> Tobiah

___________

Where does the second pre-amp recording begin - about 18sec?
Old May 20th 21, 02:49 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Tobiah wrote:
=============
> I recorded two mono channels, each through a different preamp into the same
> audio interface. I normalized those, then arranged the results as A/B/A/B
> into the same sound file.

** For his next trick, Tobia will video himself ****ing through a keyhole ...

.... Phil

Old May 20th 21, 04:27 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah

> ** For his next trick, Tobia will video himself ****ing through a keyhole ...

I take it that you found my post uninteresting. I stretch it here
at times since the traffic is so much lower now than it used to be.

Old May 20th 21, 04:30 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah

> Where does the second pre-amp recording begin - about 18sec?

About 9 seconds in, then three more times alternating preamps.

Old May 20th 21, 06:24 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Tobiah wrote:

----------------------------
> > ** For his next trick, Tobia will video himself ****ing through a keyhole ...

> I take it that you found my post uninteresting.

** Wrong.

I found it totally pointless and vapid.

....... Phil

Old May 20th 21, 11:17 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 20/05/2021 1:49 pm, wrote:
> Tobiah wrote:
> =============
>> I recorded two mono channels, each through a different preamp into the same
>> audio interface. I normalized those, then arranged the results as A/B/A/B
>> into the same sound file.
>>

> ** For his next trick, Tobia will video himself ****ing through a keyhole ...
>

> ... Phil

And for his next trick Phallison will swallow a white rabbit, and pull a
brown hare out of his arse.

Old May 20th 21, 11:20 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 20/05/2021 9:17 am, Tobiah wrote:
> I recorded two mono channels, each through a different preamp into the same
> audio interface.* I normalized those, then arranged the results as A/B/A/B
> into the same sound file.
>
> All things were as equal as I could make them, other than the preamps.
> Can you detect a difference?* Do you like one better?
>
> http://ven.rcsreg.com/r2/2_pres.wav
>
> Later, I'll disclose the premps.
>

> Tobiah

One seems to give a little more twang off the higher strings than the other.

On my cruddy computer speakers at least ...

Old May 20th 21, 11:40 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris K-Man

On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 6:20:19 AM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
> On 20/05/2021 9:17 am, Tobiah wrote:
> > I recorded two mono channels, each through a different preamp into the same
> > audio interface. I normalized those, then arranged the results as A/B/A/B
> > into the same sound file.
> >
> > All things were as equal as I could make them, other than the preamps.
> > Can you detect a difference? Do you like one better?
> >
> > http://ven.rcsreg.com/r2/2_pres.wav
> >
> > Later, I'll disclose the premps.
> >

> > Tobiah

> One seems to give a little more twang off the higher strings than the other.
>
> On my cruddy computer speakers at least ...
>
> geoff

____

Different EQ on one of the versions perhaps?
Old May 20th 21, 01:15 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote:
==============
> On 20/05/2021 1:49 pm, wrote:
> >>

> > ** For his next trick, Tobia will video himself ****ing through a keyhole ...
> >

> > ... Phil
> >

> And for his next trick Phallison will swallow a white rabbit, and pull a
> brown hare out of his arse.

** However, zero chance exists "geoff" would ever extricate his giant swollen head from his constipated rectum any time at all.

Cos a massive, fatal **** storm would ensue.

..... Phil

Universal audio preamp comparison Matt Pro Audio 1 January 15th 07 05:07 PM
A Comparison [email protected] Audio Opinions 136 October 27th 05 06:14 AM
Car Amp Comparison Trader Car Audio 366 December 6th 04 04:12 PM
here are some preamp comparison results jnorman Pro Audio 13 November 25th 03 03:36 AM
comparison Number2Penzil Car Audio 3 August 12th 03 05:36 PM