Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ralph Barone[_3_] Ralph Barone[_3_] is offline

Default Timing equivalent of Strobotuner

Does a device exist which does for timing what the Conn Strobotuner does
for tuning (ie: shows visually if you are playing ahead or behind the
beat)? I realize that good ears should tell you that, but like the
Strobotuner, sometimes its nice to get visual verification.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Ralph Barone wrote:
Does a device exist which does for timing what the Conn Strobotuner does
for tuning (ie: shows visually if you are playing ahead or behind the
beat)? I realize that good ears should tell you that, but like the
Strobotuner, sometimes its nice to get visual verification.

The Russian Dragon did that. Haven't seen one for years, but it was
very popular for a while.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 8/06/2021 1:14 pm, Ralph Barone wrote:
Does a device exist which does for timing what the Conn Strobotuner does
for tuning (ie: shows visually if you are playing ahead or behind the
beat)? I realize that good ears should tell you that, but like the
Strobotuner, sometimes its nice to get visual verification.

A 'feel killer' ?

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote:
On 8/06/2021 1:14 pm, Ralph Barone wrote:
Does a device exist which does for timing what the Conn Strobotuner does
for tuning (ie: shows visually if you are playing ahead or behind the
beat)? I realize that good ears should tell you that, but like the
Strobotuner, sometimes its nice to get visual verification.

A 'feel killer' ?

geoff

Hey, you have to be able to play on the beat before you can learn to swing.
Im sure its worse to be all over the place timing wise, than it is to
play like a robot, and I suspect Im a lot closer to the first one.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:
Ralph Barone wrote:
Does a device exist which does for timing what the Conn Strobotuner does
for tuning (ie: shows visually if you are playing ahead or behind the
beat)? I realize that good ears should tell you that, but like the
Strobotuner, sometimes its nice to get visual verification.

The Russian Dragon did that. Haven't seen one for years, but it was
very popular for a while.
--scott

Yeah, that looks like exactly what I was thinking about. Took me a second
to get the pun in the product name, though.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Ralph Barone wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:
Ralph Barone wrote:
Does a device exist which does for timing what the Conn Strobotuner does
for tuning (ie: shows visually if you are playing ahead or behind the
beat)? I realize that good ears should tell you that, but like the
Strobotuner, sometimes its nice to get visual verification.

The Russian Dragon did that. Haven't seen one for years, but it was
very popular for a while.

Yeah, that looks like exactly what I was thinking about. Took me a second
to get the pun in the product name, though.

It used to be that everybody doing film music used the things or at least
had them available. I think they disappeared when Pro Tools made it possible
to line everything up on the grid and reduced the need for having a precise
performance in the first place.

AIFF vs MP3 Timing [email protected] Pro Audio 3 February 27th 08 02:48 AM
What is meant by 'timing' Roger Thorpe Audio Opinions 44 November 10th 05 11:19 PM
Timing Michael Mossey High End Audio 58 January 7th 05 09:19 PM
Sync/Timing Issue? AJS Car Audio 5 June 13th 04 05:27 PM
Loudspeaker timing Sam Audio Opinions 111 October 7th 03 12:55 PM