Posted to rec.audio.opinion
btcompute btcompute is offline

Default Eliminating CD's

Hi,

I'm looking for advice/suggestions.

I would like to eliminate my rack of cd's (about 250). What I am
trying to decide is whether it is a good idea to buy a cd player that
will hold all the cd's, or should I convert them all to some other
format (mp3, wav, etc) and store them on my PC's hard drive and play
them from there with a wireless device such as a Squeezbox or Roku
Soundbridge unit.

What I would really like is a component stereo device that has a built
in hard drive on which I can store all the cd's. That way I don't
have to invlove the PC everytime I want to listen to my stereo.

I'd prefer something with a bigger display than a typical Ipod or
other mp3 player.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"btcompute" wrote in message
oups.com

I would like to eliminate my rack of cd's (about 250).

What I am trying to decide is whether it is a good idea
to buy a cd player that will hold all the cd's,

That's so 1990s...

or should
I convert them all to some other format (mp3, wav, etc)
and store them on my PC's hard drive and play them from
there with a wireless device such as a Squeezbox or Roku
Soundbridge unit.

...or something like it.

What I would really like is a component stereo device
that has a built in hard drive on which I can store all
the cd's. That way I don't have to invlove the PC
everytime I want to listen to my stereo.

I think that what you are looking for is like an iPod that is decked out to
look like a regular CD player/recorder. Not rocket science, but AFAIK not
on the market today.

I'd prefer something with a bigger display than a typical
Ipod or other mp3 player.

It's hard for me to believe that nobody has come out with one of these. As
close as you'll get might be a PC in one of those miniature desktop cases
with a small LCD display sitting on top of it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"btcompute" wrote in message
oups.com

I would like to eliminate my rack of cd's (about 250).

What I am trying to decide is whether it is a good idea
to buy a cd player that will hold all the cd's,

That's so 1990s...

Still available from Sony, cheap.

or should
I convert them all to some other format (mp3, wav, etc)
and store them on my PC's hard drive and play them from
there with a wireless device such as a Squeezbox or Roku
Soundbridge unit.

..or something like it.

What I would really like is a component stereo device
that has a built in hard drive on which I can store all
the cd's. That way I don't have to invlove the PC
everytime I want to listen to my stereo.

I think that what you are looking for is like an iPod that is decked out to
look like a regular CD player/recorder. Not rocket science, but AFAIK not
on the market today.

Linn Knekt Kivor. Disadvantages: expensive, doesn't work very well
(freaks out given non-standard discs).

Stephen

I'd prefer something with a bigger display than a typical
Ipod or other mp3 player.

It's hard for me to believe that nobody has come out with one of these. As
close as you'll get might be a PC in one of those miniature desktop cases
with a small LCD display sitting on top of it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"MiNe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"btcompute" wrote in message
oups.com

I would like to eliminate my rack of cd's (about 250).

What I am trying to decide is whether it is a good idea
to buy a cd player that will hold all the cd's,

That's so 1990s...

Still available from Sony, cheap.

When Sony sells something that is large and complex cheap, there's usually a
reason. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"btcompute" wrote in message
oups.com

I would like to eliminate my rack of cd's (about 250).

What I am trying to decide is whether it is a good idea
to buy a cd player that will hold all the cd's,

That's so 1990s...

Still available from Sony, cheap.

When Sony sells something that is large and complex cheap, there's usually a
reason. ;-)

Mature technology?

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...e/en/-/USD/SY_
DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=DVPCX995V%2fKIT2&Dept=tvvideo&
CategoryName=hav_DVD_DVDPlayers

If that doesn't wrap, look for '400-Disc DVD/SA-CD/CD Mega
ChangerspacerDVP-CX995V/KIT2'. This doesn't seem all that complex, but
it would be if the discs were sorted mechanically.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
bob bob is offline

On Mar 11, 4:04 pm, "btcompute" wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for advice/suggestions.

I would like to eliminate my rack of cd's (about 250). What I am
trying to decide is whether it is a good idea to buy a cd player that
will hold all the cd's, or should I convert them all to some other
format (mp3, wav, etc) and store them on my PC's hard drive and play
them from there with a wireless device such as a Squeezbox or Roku
Soundbridge unit.

What I would really like is a component stereo device that has a built
in hard drive on which I can store all the cd's. That way I don't
have to invlove the PC everytime I want to listen to my stereo.

I'd prefer something with a bigger display than a typical Ipod or
other mp3 player.

Any ideas?

Sounds like you're describing one of these:

http://www.olive.us/p_bin/?cid=01_01_explore

The PC/Soundbridge route would be cheaper. OTOH, wireless networks are
not 100% reliable. And whichever route you go, remember to back up
your data!

bob

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"MiNe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"btcompute" wrote in message
oups.com

I would like to eliminate my rack of cd's (about 250).

What I am trying to decide is whether it is a good
idea to buy a cd player that will hold all the cd's,

That's so 1990s...

Still available from Sony, cheap.

When Sony sells something that is large and complex
cheap, there's usually a reason. ;-)

Mature technology?

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...e/en/-/USD/SY_
DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=DVPCX995V%2fKIT2&Dept=tvvideo&
CategoryName=hav_DVD_DVDPlayers

Absolutely.

If that doesn't wrap, look for '400-Disc DVD/SA-CD/CD Mega
ChangerspacerDVP-CX995V/KIT2'. This doesn't seem all that
complex, but it would be if the discs were sorted
mechanically.

So how do you think the discs are selected and played - by electron beams?
Sorry to break it to you Stephen, but there is a fairly complex specialized
mechanical mechanism in there.

Don't get me wrong - at under $300 its a heck of a deal for now. Its a lot
simpler to load than a hard-drive based library. But why is it being sold
at nearly a 50% discount? Is it because its flying off the shelves so fast?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"bob" wrote in message
oups.com

On Mar 11, 4:04 pm, "btcompute"

What I would really like is a component stereo device
that has a built in hard drive on which I can store all
the cd's. That way I don't have to invlove the PC
everytime I want to listen to my stereo.

I'd prefer something with a bigger display than a
typical Ipod or other mp3 player.

Any ideas Sounds like you're describing one of these:

http://www.olive.us/p_bin/?cid=01_01_explore

Check the price list - Olive audio servers run from $1,199 (80 GB) to
$3,999 (750 GB). Think of all the money you can save by not using a
$500-800 PC for the same thing!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MiNe 109" wrote in message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"btcompute" wrote in message
oups.com

[...]

A turntable and a jukebox transport. A former RAO poster used to lionize
a certain transport used in both jukeboxes and high-end players. My
distinction was between a chip-controlled turntable and a mechanically
controlled one.

Don't get me wrong - at under $300 its a heck of a deal for now. Its a lot
simpler to load than a hard-drive based library. But why is it being sold
at nearly a 50% discount? Is it because its flying off the shelves so fast?

Because it's refurbished. This could mean it was rejected at its first
inspection at the factory, examined and brought up to spec. If so, a
refurb could have higher delivered build quality than a store-bought
unit despite not being allowed to be sold as new.

I saw plenty of these Sony megachangers my last visit to Fry's but no
single play cd players and few single-play dvd-only players.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

btcompute wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for advice/suggestions.

I would like to eliminate my rack of cd's (about 250). What I am
trying to decide is whether it is a good idea to buy a cd player that
will hold all the cd's, or should I convert them all to some other
format (mp3, wav, etc) and store them on my PC's hard drive and play
them from there with a wireless device such as a Squeezbox or Roku
Soundbridge unit.

What I would really like is a component stereo device that has a built
in hard drive on which I can store all the cd's. That way I don't
have to invlove the PC everytime I want to listen to my stereo.

I'd prefer something with a bigger display than a typical Ipod or
other mp3 player.

Any ideas?

This is a nice unit - basically a Windows Media Center PC optimized to
be a component of a stereo. Not cheap, though...

http://www.integrahometheater.com/mo...a%20Center&p=i

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

bob wrote:

[...]

Neat! I'd been keeping an eye out for something just like that!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

Check the price list - Olive audio servers run from $1,199 (80 GB) to
$3,999 (750 GB). Think of all the money you can save by not using a
$500-800 PC for the same thing!

Yeah, but some us don't want a PC, montitor, keyboard, just to listen
to music. Plus these Olive things appear to automate the recording
process nicely.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

dippy said:

some us don't want a PC, montitor, keyboard, just to listen to music.

Saying this to Krooger is like telling a frog that crickets are tastier
than grasshoppers.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

George M. Middius a scris:
dippy said:

some us don't want a PC, montitor, keyboard, just to listen to music.

Saying this to Krooger is like telling a frog that crickets are tastier
than grasshoppers.

Wow, I didn't know that duh Mikey was French.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"dizzy" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

Check the price list - Olive audio servers run from
$1,199 (80 GB) to $3,999 (750 GB). Think of all the
money you can save by not using a $500-800 PC for the
same thing!

Yeah, but some us don't want a PC, montitor, keyboard,
just to listen to music.

OK, fly blind and with both hands tied behind your back.

BTW if this is attached to an AV system you don't need a dedicated monitor -
just a TV set with switchable inputs and a PC with a video card that has TV
outputs, which many do. The keyboard and mouse can be wireless, which makes
storage and usage a snap.

Plus these Olive things appear
to automate the recording process nicely.

Yeah, and it takes a PhD to rip a CD on a PC.

NOT!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

Check the price list - Olive audio servers run from
$1,199 (80 GB) to $3,999 (750 GB). Think of all the
money you can save by not using a $500-800 PC for the
same thing!

Yeah, but some us don't want a PC, montitor, keyboard,
just to listen to music.

OK, fly blind and with both hands tied behind your back.

Kroologic rears it's ugly head.

No, Arny, I think a more reasonable compromise than that would be to
use something like the Olive, using ones eyes and hands.

BTW if this is attached to an AV system you don't need a dedicated monitor -
just a TV set with switchable inputs and a PC with a video card that has TV
outputs, which many do.

Not a great option, IMO. Old-style TV's don't have enough resolution
for Windows, and firing-up a huge, modern HDTV just to play some songs
seems a bit much. I'd just get a 15" LCD for the PC before I did
either of those.

The keyboard and mouse can be wireless, which makes
storage and usage a snap.

It's still a keyboard in the living room.

Plus these Olive things appear
to automate the recording process nicely.

Yeah, and it takes a PhD to rip a CD on a PC.

What, exactly, in my comment had anything to do with levels of
education, Arny?

Your Kroological comment does nothing to refute my point regarding
automation of the recording process.

Can Arny think logically?

NOT!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

fathom wrote:

It's easy to run a headless PC (no keyboard or monitor).

I'm using a Linux-based server OS called ClarkConnect on an old
$300 Athlon PC to serve up 1400 albums to 5 different
Squeezeboxes around the house. It's extremely stable and I
never have to touch it. The server stays in a closet and
everything is controlled from my Windows desktop PC.

Great, except you still have a "head" on your Windows PC. My PC is
not in my listening room. Nor do a really want one in there.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

fathom wrote:

Linux + Squeezebox + FLAC = audio nirvana.

What is this "squeezebox", anyway? Yeah, I know I could google it,
but it sounds interesting to maybe discuss.

Why did you choose the obscure ClarkConnect flavor of Linux?

The Olive is okay, but it's just an overpriced PC without the
flexibility of a PC.

All I'd want to do is select a "CD" and play it... Sometimes less is
more.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"dizzy" wrote in message
fathom wrote:

Linux + Squeezebox + FLAC = audio nirvana.

What is this "squeezebox", anyway? Yeah, I know I could google it,
but it sounds interesting to maybe discuss.

Why did you choose the obscure ClarkConnect flavor of Linux?

The Olive is okay, but it's just an overpriced PC without the
flexibility of a PC.

All I'd want to do is select a "CD" and play it... Sometimes less is
more.

If it is any consolation to you, I get the same kind of crap from Arny when
I tell him I prefer just playing music on my main system and recording it to
CD on a dedicated CD recorder, rather than running to the basement or
bedroom and using the PC to copy the disk. He doesn't seem to feel and need
for or respect "simple".

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 21:59:36 -0400, "Harry Lavo"
wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message
.. .
fathom wrote:

Linux + Squeezebox + FLAC = audio nirvana.

What is this "squeezebox", anyway? Yeah, I know I could google it,
but it sounds interesting to maybe discuss.

Why did you choose the obscure ClarkConnect flavor of Linux?

The Olive is okay, but it's just an overpriced PC without the
flexibility of a PC.

All I'd want to do is select a "CD" and play it... Sometimes less is
more.

If it is any consolation to you, I get the same kind of crap from Arny when
I tell him I prefer just playing music on my main system and recording it to
CD on a dedicated CD recorder, rather than running to the basement or
bedroom and using the PC to copy the disk. He doesn't seem to feel and need
for or respect "simple".

Arnie is enamoured of the recent union between hi-fi and computers. He
wants us all to get involved in this "happy" event.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"dizzy" wrote in message

fathom wrote:

It's easy to run a headless PC (no keyboard or monitor).

I'm using a Linux-based server OS called ClarkConnect on
an old $300 Athlon PC to serve up 1400 albums to 5
different Squeezeboxes around the house. It's extremely
stable and I never have to touch it. The server stays
in a closet and everything is controlled from my Windows
desktop PC.

Great, except you still have a "head" on your Windows PC.
My PC is not in my listening room. Nor do a really want
one in there.

No sane person wants to have a PC *anywhere*. However, there are all these
compelling practical reasons for having them wherever.

Not using a PC when they are the most practical solution "just because" is
not smart.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"dizzy" wrote in message

fathom wrote:

Linux + Squeezebox + FLAC = audio nirvana.

What is this "squeezebox", anyway? Yeah, I know I could
google it, but it sounds interesting to maybe discuss.

Why did you choose the obscure ClarkConnect flavor of
Linux?

The Olive is okay, but it's just an overpriced PC
without the flexibility of a PC.

All I'd want to do is select a "CD" and play it...
Sometimes less is more.

It's not rocket science to make a PC that boots to a screen that lets you
select songs and play them with a mouse click or three.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

"dizzy" wrote in message
fathom wrote:

Linux + Squeezebox + FLAC = audio nirvana.

What is this "squeezebox", anyway? Yeah, I know I could
google it, but it sounds interesting to maybe discuss.

Why did you choose the obscure ClarkConnect flavor of
Linux?
The Olive is okay, but it's just an overpriced PC
without the flexibility of a PC.

All I'd want to do is select a "CD" and play it... Sometimes less is
more.

If it is any consolation to you, I get the same kind of
crap from Arny when I tell him I prefer just playing
music on my main system and recording it to CD on a
dedicated CD recorder, rather than running to the
basement or bedroom and using the PC to copy the disk.

You only get crap from me when you lie through your teeth Harry, like this
one.

He doesn't seem to feel and need for or respect "simple".

Nahh, its your irrational prejudice and flight from reason that I
disrespect, Harry.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"paul packer" wrote in message

Arnie is enamoured of the recent union between hi-fi and
computers. He wants us all to get involved in this
"happy" event.

It's not a recent union, bozo-breath. Well, maybe in your dentia-ridden mind
it is.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"dizzy" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

[...]

So is a piano in the livingroom a keyboard. What's your point?

Plus these Olive things appear
to automate the recording process nicely.

Yeah, and it takes a PhD to rip a CD on a PC.

What, exactly, in my comment had anything to do with
levels of education, Arny?

Inability to decode common figures of speech noted.

Your Kroological comment does nothing to refute my point
regarding automation of the recording process.

Only in your somnambulant mind, Ditzzy.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Another "rediculous" bit of Krooglish.

your dentia-ridden mind

That sounds like a tooth problem, Arnii. Did you uncover yet another plot
against you, this one involving your own teeth?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

"dizzy" wrote in message
fathom wrote:

Linux + Squeezebox + FLAC = audio nirvana.

What is this "squeezebox", anyway? Yeah, I know I could
google it, but it sounds interesting to maybe discuss.

Why did you choose the obscure ClarkConnect flavor of
Linux?
The Olive is okay, but it's just an overpriced PC
without the flexibility of a PC.

All I'd want to do is select a "CD" and play it... Sometimes less is
more.

If it is any consolation to you, I get the same kind of
crap from Arny when I tell him I prefer just playing
music on my main system and recording it to CD on a
dedicated CD recorder, rather than running to the
basement or bedroom and using the PC to copy the disk.

You only get crap from me when you lie through your teeth Harry, like this
one.

It only takes a google search to tell who has the fig leaf on, Arny.

He doesn't seem to feel and need for or respect "simple".

Nahh, its your irrational prejudice and flight from reason that I
disrespect, Harry.

Lameness personified.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

"dizzy" wrote in message
fathom wrote:

Linux + Squeezebox + FLAC = audio nirvana.

What is this "squeezebox", anyway? Yeah, I know I
could google it, but it sounds interesting to maybe discuss.

Why did you choose the obscure ClarkConnect flavor of
Linux?
The Olive is okay, but it's just an overpriced PC
without the flexibility of a PC.

All I'd want to do is select a "CD" and play it...
Sometimes less is more.

If it is any consolation to you, I get the same kind of
crap from Arny when I tell him I prefer just playing
music on my main system and recording it to CD on a
dedicated CD recorder, rather than running to the
basement or bedroom and using the PC to copy the disk.

One irony is that a PC with a DVD burner costs less than a good CD recorder.
Second irony is that a DVD recorder costs less than a CD recorder.

You only get crap from me when you lie through your
teeth Harry, like this one.

It only takes a google search to tell who has the fig
leaf on, Arny.

True Harry, as I've used Google to document your lies.

He doesn't seem to feel and need for or respect
"simple".

Nahh, its your irrational prejudice and flight from
reason that I disrespect, Harry.

Lameness personified.

If this post was really that lame to you Harry, you wouldn't reply.

Hmm, I just caught Harry in three lies, in just one post.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Mar 15, 6:46 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

It's not rocket science to make a PC that boots to a screen that lets you
select songs and play them with a mouse click or three.

OK, Arns, so rather than discuss your system, which you recently
mentioned would only be for the sake of "ridicule," why not list what
for you would be the ideal audio system?

Which PC? What configuration? Which monitor? Which mouse? Which
keyboard?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message

fathom wrote:

It's easy to run a headless PC (no keyboard or monitor).

I'm using a Linux-based server OS called ClarkConnect on
an old $300 Athlon PC to serve up 1400 albums to 5
different Squeezeboxes around the house. It's extremely
stable and I never have to touch it. The server stays
in a closet and everything is controlled from my Windows
desktop PC.

Great, except you still have a "head" on your Windows PC.
My PC is not in my listening room. Nor do a really want
one in there.

No sane person wants to have a PC *anywhere*.

Wrong, obviously.

However, there are all these
compelling practical reasons for having them wherever.

Everything has pros and cons. For me, the cons of a PC in my living
room outweigh the pros.

Not using a PC when they are the most practical solution "just because" is
not smart.

Using something that you consider sub-optimal just because it's
somewhat cheaper can also be "not smart".

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Harry Lavo" wrote:

Lameness personified.

If this post was really that lame to you Harry, you wouldn't reply.

Hmm, I just caught Harry in three lies, in just one post.

No, you did not, but I just caught you in a lie, Arny.

Unless you can prove that people do not reply to posts that they think
are "lame"? In fact, "lame" posts are replied-to all the time, Arny.

It's a lie to falsely claim that someone lied, Arny.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 07:48:13 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"paul packer" wrote in message

Arnie is enamoured of the recent union between hi-fi and
computers. He wants us all to get involved in this
"happy" event.

bozo-breath. dentia-ridden mind

Get out thre wrong side, Arnold? I'm sure I don't know what either of
those phrases signify. "Bozo-breath" appears to link breath with
intelligence, though that link has always escaped me. "Dentia ridden
mind" conjures up images of teeth embedded in brain matter--not a
pleasant thought over breakfast. Try to be more careful with your
words in future, Arnold.

For the rest, we've had this conversation before. Not everyone wants
to meld their PC and stereo. As suggested, they're often in
different rooms. In all these years since people started doing audio
stuff on their computers, I've never felt a felt a need to do so, nor
felt in any way deprived for not doing so. I like to keep the two
separate, with the sole exception that I burn music CDs on my computer
and have occasionally downloaded music onto a minidisc recorder (with
poor results, I might add, since it sounded like the orchestra was
under water). Otherwise,
PC------------------------------------------------stereo.

See?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

paul packer said:

Not everyone wants to meld their PC and stereo.
... I like to keep the two separate, with the sole
exception that I burn music CDs on my computer

Talk like this will get you banned from the Hive.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:11:39 GMT, dizzy wrote:

It's a lie to falsely claim that someone lied, Arny.

Whoa! I think you've got something here.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"dizzy" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message

fathom wrote:

It's easy to run a headless PC (no keyboard or
monitor).

I'm using a Linux-based server OS called ClarkConnect
on an old $300 Athlon PC to serve up 1400 albums to 5
different Squeezeboxes around the house. It's
extremely stable and I never have to touch it. The
server stays in a closet and everything is controlled
from my Windows desktop PC.

Great, except you still have a "head" on your Windows
PC. My PC is not in my listening room. Nor do a really
want one in there.

No sane person wants to have a PC *anywhere*.

Wrong, obviously.

Totally correct. As usual you jumped the gun and skipped the explanation.

However, there are all these
compelling practical reasons for having them wherever.

Everything has pros and cons. For me, the cons of a PC
in my living room outweigh the pros.

It is very nice that you have so much money and time to burn. How long are
you expecting to live - 300 years? Or, do you just have few expectations
for your life, so wasting time is OK?

Not using a PC when they are the most practical solution
"just because" is not smart.

Using something that you consider sub-optimal just
because it's somewhat cheaper can also be "not smart".

Narrow view of "most practical solution" noted.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"dizzy" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Harry Lavo" wrote:

Lameness personified.

If this post was really that lame to you Harry, you
wouldn't reply.

Hmm, I just caught Harry in three lies, in just one post.

No, you did not, but I just caught you in a lie, Arny.

Unless you can prove that people do not reply to posts
that they think are "lame"? In fact, "lame" posts are
replied-to all the time, Arny.

No they are not. Why would anybody in their right mind respond to a truely
lame post?

It's a lie to falsely claim that someone lied, Arny.

Thanks for indicting yourself, Dizzy. Saves me the trouble.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Mar 15, 10:30 pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Harry Lavo" wrote:

Lameness personified.

If this post was really that lame to you Harry, you
wouldn't reply.

Hmm, I just caught Harry in three lies, in just one post.

No, you did not, but I just caught you in a lie, Arny.

Unless you can prove that people do not reply to posts
that they think are "lame"? In fact, "lame" posts are
replied-to all the time, Arny.

No they are not. Why would anybody in their right mind respond to a truely
lame post?

Sticky mouse?

That could possibly truely explain it. Or there might truely be
another reason.

Truely, I guess I don't know.

But toopid makes truely lame posts. Arns makes truely lame posts, too.
And people truely respond to both.

But the question that is truely interesting to me is, "Why would good
old Arns and toopid make such truely insane and stupid posts?"

That is truely a puzzler. And can anybody here say they truely have an
answer?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Arny Krueger (author of at least 25,000
useless usente posts) a scris:

It is very nice that you have so much money and time to burn. How long are
you expecting to live - 300 years? Or, do you just have few expectations
for your life, so wasting time is OK?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
oups.com

Arny Krueger (author of at least 25,000
useless usente posts) a scris:

It is very nice that you have so much money and time to
burn. How long are you expecting to live - 300 years?
Or, do you just have few expectations for your life, so
wasting time is OK?

If posting to Usenet is so useless Art, why do you do it so much?

BTW, your posts to Usenet have indeed been 100% useless.

Thanks again Art for showing your consummate lack of self-awareness. ;-)