Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Default Shovels is loooonely (boo-hoo-hoo)

Shovels done got hisself a brannoo dickshunnary.

Yo' jest dexcribed th' same reasons MOST varmints ditched their reco'd
decks fo' cd players. ah have allus foun' whut cd did was separeete th'
TRUE audiophiles fum th' wanna-be's. So'ry, but a true audiophile will
NEVER put cornvenience above soun' quality, nevah! Fry mah hide! Thet
said, ah cain't does wifout cd's on account o' most stuff is on cd nowadays.
So ah try t'acheieve th' bess results ah can wif both mediums.

Most audiophiles ah knows junerally doesn't haf these problems. Fo'
example, yo' lissen t'mah reco'ds, an' most does not haf bothersome surface
noise. Thet's despite thet most of mah reco'ds were purchased second han'
(ah got into vinyl af'er th' cd wave hit an' reco'ds were in lower
produckshun). A lot of thet has t'do wif a fine tonearm an' stylus, fine
cleanin' an' carin' methods, a fine base fo' th' table, an' of course, buyin'
decently used reco'ds. ah's findin' in juneral thet CDs is mo'e easily
scratched, an' mo'e easily permanently damanged, cuss it all t' tarnation.
This hyar is particularly af'er switchin' mah cd jewel cases fo' thin,
lightweight double sided plastic inserts (ah have a lot of CDs, an' this hyar
was mah brilliant plan t'save sto'age space when accessin' them). Th' effeck
of slidin' them outta these inserts an' stackin' one on top of t'other fine... ah
ended up wif menny cd's scratched an' defeckive.

Yessuh absolutely, RAO looks a lot like a retirement home fo' audiophiles,
eff'n yo' look at th' avahage age hyar. Howevah.... th' old farts hyar -ack-
like yo'nger min an' mostly "fellas". But does they haf th' curiousity of
yo'nger man an' fellas? Absolutely not. They jest haf th' emoshunal maturity
of yo'nger min an' fellas. An' whut about th' se'f-professed "scientists"
hyar, like Ole JebW et al, ah reckon.? Someone comes along, tells them
thar's an intire wo'ld of science in audio they knows nothin' about an' ain't
splored, an' he has an intire web site, chat group an' 25 years of
experimental research t'back him up on thet. Now does thet revelashun make
Ole JebW an' Ludovic Mirabel scientifically curious about th' tweaks an'
ready t'do their own experiments? Hell no! Fry mah hide! They jest
sweepin'ly dismiss th' ideas, wif sco'n an' derishun t'boot. Oblivious t'th'
fack thet they haf not applied an ounce of scientific integrity t'their
cornclushuns.

Thet's not -at all- whut yo've shown me in yer posts t'me. Yer mighty much
th' cynic, an' yo' mighty much make assumpshuns, about mah tweaks, about
me, etc.. Howevah... yo' got some credit fo' allerin' fo' th' fack thet whut
yo' read on Belt's site may be valid, an' fo' not dismissin' absolutely
ev'rythin' yo' read outta han'. At least not at -this- particular point! Fry mah
hide!

ah have told about mahse'f in mah posts far mo'e than YOU haftald about
YOURSELF in yer messages, probably in all yer years on RAO combined,
cuss it all t' tarnation. In fack, I've been attacked fo' thet as fine. So yo'
soun' ridiculous sayin' thet. Now eff'n yo' kin't gleam fum thet whut is an'
ain't true, thass not mah fault. As fo' whut mah name is, thass pow'ful not
ennyone business, an' ah doesn't see whut in th' wide wo'ld of spo'ts it has
t'do wif RAO, o' whut ah say in mah messages. Ha'f th' varmints hyar use
fake names (ie. whoevah animates th' "Jedidiah "Shovels" Middius"
sockpuppet an' all t'other sockpuppets created by th' guy o' gal thet animates
th' "Shovels" sockpuppet. Whom no one hyar has evah see in 8 years). Or
even yo'seff, how kin ah knows thet yer name is "Ebenezer Packer"? Mighty
simple, ah cain't. An' whuffo' sh'd ah care eff'n yer o' isn't "Ebenezer Packer"?

Th' fack remains, as it has allus reJawjad on RAO, varmints hyar will
believe whutevah th' heck they be hankerin' t'believe, no matter whut yo'
tell them, dawgone it. ah told yo', fo' example, ah tweak mah plumbin' fo'
better audio soun'; yo' decided t'not believe me. ah told varmints hyar ah's
not Graham an' it sh'd be purdy obvious thet ah's not an adolexcent
psychiatrist who's too busy t'edit his own noosletters o' corntribute t'his -
own- discusshun group, but somehow has time t'post messages hyar ev'ry
day. An' on top of thet, calls ev'ryone an "igno'ant pig" an' yet is supposed
t'be subtly manipulatin' varmints t'"shill them". An' yet Crazy Billy Bob
Morein, Ludovic Mirable, Walt an' Shovels Middius, among a few other
true idiots hyar, believe jest thet.

Yo' seem t'be cornfusin' me wif Jesus. Otherwise, i doesn't see yer point. ah
doesn't recall sayin' th' only igno'ant trimenjusots in th' wo'ld thet kin't be
reasoned wif is exclusively foun' on RAO.
Neifer does I, 'cept as a speckato'-slash-participant. In fack, ah's amazed at
how seriously varmints hyar take themselves an' their li'l daily usenet soap
opera's. (none mo'e than "Shovels", perhaps).

They still is regarded thet way, but how they were "received" o' "regarded"
still don't make enny of them percepshuns true. As far as ah knows th'
science of mo'phic resonance, quantum mechanics o' whutevah theo'ies they
may be based on, don't come fum a pareellel unyverse (Howevah, in
quantum mechanics, particles haf been obsarved as ran'omly disappearin' fo'
moments of time, only t'reappear. Some speculate thet they inter a "pareellel
unyverse" while they is gone.... Clearly, science does not haf answers fo' th'
reasons behind these o' all observashuns, yet them on this hyar group who
regard science as a religion (an' "all knowin'"), ie.: Billy Bob Morein,
Pofine, Steven Sullivan, Ole JebW, Ludovic Mirabel, Arny Krueger,
Ichabod McKelvy etc., haf no grasp of this hyar fack).

It's mighty much a sickness, fum whut ah read on James Ran'i's discusshun
group. It's as scary t'me as Belt's discusshun group is t'th' skeppics! (This
hyar is whar one of Arny's old "RAO armah buddies" an' skeppical
extremist, JJ, hangs out these days). To me, these varmints is as "out
t'lunch" as skeppics feel th' Beltists are. Yo' c'dn't git mo'e rigid reckoners
in a sin'le place eff'n yo' assembled all of Rush Limbaugh's "dittohaids" in
one trimenjus room, dawgone it. Ennythin' thet ain't absolutely classified as
"unmistakably valid" gits to'n t'pieces in this hyar place, like a pack of wild
wolves gwine af'er a rabbit. An' they cornvince themselves thet their
religious "debunkin'" crusade speaks on beha'f of "science".Which t'them,
acks as t'other fo'm of religion, as enny fool kin plainly see.

Oh, thank yo', old chap. 'Cept ah's not British, ah doesn't varmintally
knows ennyone who is, an' I've nevah been thar in mah life. Yo''dn't
believe how much thet complicates mah London psychiatry prackice though.
Especially th' bit about havin' t'put on a fake accent fo' th' benefit of mah
patients, an' mah secretary havin' t'explain whuffo' ah's tellyphonin' in mah
sesshun. Yo' kin "suspeck" all yo' want, an' thass all thet ennyone an'
ev'ryone hyar does. But thet don't change th' fack thet yo' doesn't knows
who ah's, yo' only haf wo'ds on yer screen t'determine thet. Which may o'
may not refleck yer interpretashuns of them, dawgone it.

Morein is th' one who dexcribed th' idea t'me thet RAO is inhabited by
demons wif pitchfo'ks (igno'antly believin' he was dexcribin' RAO
t'someone who didn't already knows th' group better than he did). One idea
behind th' use of th' pitchfo'ks is t'poke holes atchar "repeetayshun",
t'discredit an' defame yo'. This hyar is supposed t'redooce o' eliminate yer
credibility facko' (as eff'n ah pow'ful cared about thet o' had enny t'begin
wif! Fry mah hide!). It's purdy obvious when someone is tryin' t'do thet
(Middius an' Morein fall all on over themselves ev'ry day tryin' t'do thet
t'me). Menny years ago, once ah passed a sartin point of "enlightenment"
shall we say, ah stopped carin' about enny idea of "repeetayshun" hyar, o'
ennywhar else on usenet, fo' thet matter. Even Arny has, ah believe, t'a
great degree. Otherwise, he'dn't remain hyar, on account o' ev'ry regular
hyar knows whut a trollin' liar an' deceitful debater he is.

Some varmints seem t'reckon ah "muss" care about mah "repeetayshun", on
account o' af'er all, ah's tryin' t'"sell" mah tweaks. 'Cept ah doesn't knows
how th' hell yo' kin sell "free tweaks", but leave it t'th' insecure, distrestin'
idiots on RAO t'come up wif thet brilliant piece of logic thar. It amooses me
t'no ind t'hear th' same varmints who claim ah's "sellin' free tweaks", whine
about me not bein' mighty effeckive at sellin' mah "free tweaks", on account
o' ah keep arguin' an' insultin' varmints (who attack me on over mah free
tweaks). Then thar's th' "extreme idiots", like Morein, Walt an' Middius,
who claim ah's not jest "sellin' free tweaks", but "shillin' non-free
producks". Agin, ah doesn't knows how yo' kin "shill producks" while
insultin' ev'ry postible potential cestomer (see: "Message To Th' Igno'ant
Pigs Of RAO" - by ). Even eff'n ah warn't
busy doin' thet, th' hostility on over mah free tweaks'd tend t'make a
reasonable varmint reckon it impostible them same varmints'd jump at th'
chance of buyin' a related produck, eff'n they only knowed whar t'find them
(http://www.belt.demon, as enny fool kin plainly see.co.uk). But not th'
"extreme idiots of RAO", like Morein, Middius, Walt an' Ludovic Mirabel;
among others who've accused me of bein' a shill fo' PWB (who's site btw is
located at: (http://www.belt.demon, as enny fool kin plainly see.co.uk)

It amooses me t'no ind t'hear these same varmints who'd call me a "shill",
complain about me not bein' a mighty effeckive "shill", on account o' ah
keep insultin' mah potential cestomers (see Crazy Billy Bob Morein's posts).
I've given mo'e than inough evidence thet ah doesn't care whether varmints
care t'try mah tweaks o' not (an' thars mo'e than inough ah gave showin'
thet ah's not Richard Graham, an' no mo'e a "shill" than ennyone hyar who
advocates their opinions on audio). Jest on account o' ah play th' game,
don't mean ah take th' game seriously. But as ev'rywhar else, varmints
believe whutevah they be hankerin' t'believe, usually whutevah makes sense
t'their distrestin' mind, cuss it all t' tarnation.

Once yo' unnerstan' thet, an' yo' sartinly doesn't, then it's no longer about
speckin' them t'believe sumpin they doesn't be hankerin' t'believe, an' yo'
haf no qualms about whutevah they choose t'believe. ah's not Jedidiah
Middius, me. ah doesn't rely on others t'define who ah's. Even eff'n ah did,
ah w'd nevah reckanize th' opinions of idiots thet ah doesn't respeck in th'
fust place. 95% of mah time on RAO, ah feel like a nursery care wawker,
dealin' wif li'l brats all day. How affecked'd yo' be by some dumb li'l brat
tellyng yo' yo' haf a trimenjus nose? Eff'n yer seriously affecked by thet,
then yo' need t'take a hard look atchar insecurity, mah friend, cuss it all t' tarnation.

Shovie, I never suspected you originally hailed from th'murrican South.
Sho nuff is you one fine-spoken crackah!

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.