Powell

Default need advice on first tube amp

"Rich Andrews" wrote

The 2000 hour figure seems a bit more likely but that
would mean that I would have to change tubes every
3 months.

Mmmm... "every 3 months." 2,000 hrs X 4 quarters =
8,000 hrs. per year. That's nearly 24 hrs. per day 24/7.
Why do you waste natural resources (electricity) running
equipment when you are not using it?

You are correct as my math got mangled somewhere.
That will teach me to do *anything* before coffee in the
morning. (:)

Let see if this makes more sense.

My stuff is operating about 59 hours per week.

What are you doing with this equipment to justify the
long hours? Is this personal/pleasure use or business
production/commerce related?

I listen to a lot of music with the daily FM broadcast of
"Adventures in Good Music" and a couple of other local
programs.

This program "Adventures in Good Music with Karl Haas?"

I enjoy the Public Radio talk program The Diane Rehm Show
http://www.wamu.org/dr/ .

I am able to work from home 2-3 days a week and the
stereo is on from 8am till 10pm when I do. The other
days it is on from about 7pm till 10pm.
Saturday and Sunday from 9am till 10pm.

It’s nice to have an office stereo setup. I wouldn’t
consider a tube power amp for my office. I do
occasionally hook-up my ARC pre-amp to it and
I should make it a permanent arrangement...
6922/6DJ8's are cheap enough that even ARNY
could afford them

Call me a music junkie. I won't argue with you.
I admit it. My wife will agree with you too. Complaints
about excessive music may be addressed to
whomever you like...

Hey, it’s time to cut back on the coffee now... it’s after
5 on Friday, martini time. Chill-out, dude .

Rich Andrews

"Powell" wrote in news:102qnttcei5sr76
@corp.supernews.com:

[...]

Mr. P,

Well, I don't have an office system, but the system does fill the house
with music. (:)

I don't have a tube amp, but I might get one. McIntosh is going to sell
the MC275 and it will be about $1500.00 less that it was the last time
they sold it.

Yup, it is time to chill out and wait for Karl Haas. Tonight's program is
"Wouldn't it be Romantic". Aptly named I would say.

Have a nice evening and give a toast to great composers, great musicians,
and great music and enjoy!