Default Arny's Vietnam, note to Middius

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

Note: @rny'$ definition of an @$$hole i$ @nyone who might di$@gree with
him.

Hey! That sounds just like your definition.

No, anyone who disagrees with Arny is likely to be normal.

Guess I'm normal then, becuase we have disagreed in the past, just not about
audio.

Default Trying to flog a dead horse to Arnie.

"George Middius" wrote in message

Nathan Stohborg said:

what good is your "favourite equipment" if you can only distinguish
it by sight from equipment you can't stand?

Horrors! People being inconsistent and emotional with their own money.
What is
the world coming to? Somebody has to step up and save all those rich
*******s
from themselves. Calling all 'borgs! Front and center!

Spend as much as you like, it's your money.

I'll concentrate on the things that make a difference in sound, speakers.

Nathan Stohlborg said:

Horrors! People being inconsistent and emotional with their own money.
What
is the world coming to? Somebody has to step up and save all those rich
*******s from themselves. Calling all 'borgs! Front and center!

There are plenty of middle-class people that fall into the trap as well,
but
what people do with their money is their own business.

If you can accept that truism, what is your problem, exactly?

The problem is that people insist that there are differences that aren't
really there and refuse to accept the fact that the sound is the same. It's
not about the money, it's simply about accepting the truth. Same as the
flat earth thing, it's not flat so why say it is.

What is unreasonable is someone insisting that amplifiers A and B
sound vastly different when he can only detect the differences when he
knows
what he is listening to.

Why is it unreasonable? What difference can it possibly make to you?

I prefer to associate with people who are smart enough to know when they've
been fooled. Insisting that 2+2 =5 or that amps don't tend to sound the
same is just not smart.

Can you not admit that aesthetics, price, brand
recognition, etc. are factors in sighted listening?

I don't usually expend the effort to "admit" such elementary facts. Can
you not
admit that audio systems are designed to produce sounds for humans to
enjoy? Can
you not admit that without oxygen, all animals, including humans, would
die?

The last 3 statements are true George, but denying that people can be fooled
by sighted listening is pointless. Things are what they are and audio
equipment tends to sound alike and most of the time when level matched and
the face plates hidden, they sound indistinguisable. Why does that fact
bother you so much?

George M. Middius

Mickey uncloaks another sockpuppet.

Nathan Stohlborg said:

Horrors! People being inconsistent and emotional with their own money.
What is the world coming to? Somebody has to step up and save all those rich
*******s from themselves. Calling all 'borgs! Front and center!

There are plenty of middle-class people that fall into the trap as well,
but what people do with their money is their own business.

If you can accept that truism, what is your problem, exactly?

The problem is

Thanks Mr. Bug Eater for admitting "Nathan Stohlborg" is a sockpuppet you
created and animated for the purpose of furthering your anti-audio,
anti-choice, anti-Normal aBxism Kroopaganda.

Default The calculus of musical enjoyment

wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message

[snip]

Good reasons to abandon sighted listening when small
differences are involved. Go for it!

But Ludovic has convincingly documented that ABX hides
the differences between decent equipment and some of the
worst that was ever made.

Ludovic wrote an article for one of Ed Dell's ragazines that
documented the idea of listening to both pieces of gear at
the same time, as a superior alternative to ABX.

Get it?

You said: " Ludovic wrote an article for one of Ed Dell's ragazines
that
documented the idea of listening to both pieces of gear at
the same time, as a superior alternative to ABX.

Get it?

Arny, your paranoia makes you see things. At the time I wrote my Audio
Electronics article (#5, 1998) I never as much as heard of ABX- so I
never mentioned it or you.
Through continuous nagging you're forcing me to republish and waste
time on replies etc. on what was intended for private use by those who
find it works for them.
While we're at it I (and the world) are still waiting for your
references to published articles showing that ABX does demonstrate
differences between audio components while playing music.

Why is it that you want to see evidence from the least revealing source for
doing a comparison?

You are unaware of why snippets or brief passages and pink noise are used?

Surely, you're not relying on your clown-prince to bludgeon the
audiophiles into stupor with fake references copied from his Public
Library "audio" subject catalogue.
Ludovic Mirabel

The clown prince is you Lude. You want to get information that you would
only reject if you found it.

NYOB writes:

Why is it that you want to see evidence from the least revealing source for
doing a comparison?

You are unaware of why snippets or brief passages and pink noise are used?

Surely, you're not relying on your clown-prince to bludgeon the
audiophiles into stupor with fake references copied from his Public
Library "audio" subject catalogue.
Ludovic Mirabel

The clown prince is you Lude. You want to get information that you would
only reject if you found it.

The Amazing Clown Prince shouts "touche".
Dear NYOB- I'm surprised that you did cotton on to what my innate
courtesy prevented me from saying outright.
Yes, indeed you blew my cover. When I talked about Arny's Clown Prince
bludgeoning people into stupor with FAKE references I meant your "The
case for ABX" dummy collection copied from the Public Library ABX file.
Most of it had nothing to do with ABX and the rest showed that people
hear no differences when ABXing.
By all means do try again. Snippets are fine. Pink noise is for the
rec.audio. pinknoisephiles forum. Whatever.
Why should you worry if I'll reject it or not? The audiophile world is
waiting with baited breath for you to give that one single non-fake
reference to a published article showing that most people can hear
differences between audio components even when ABXing.
Ludovic Mirabel