Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default A really fine record

Herbert Hoover said:

Fed Up referred me to a post of your, but I have been unable to find
it either via Agent or via Google groups. Everyone else seems to have
no problem

I can't find it either. I'm sure the Krooborg was lying.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fed Up lurker Fed Up lurker is offline

Herbert Hoover wrote:
On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:09:51 +0000, Fed Up Lurker
wrote:

Hi Herbie,
please see UnsteadyKen's perfect answer, I wish I'd wrote that.

Feddie, I can't find UnsteadyKen's post. I've retrieved all headers
for RAO and it's not showing up.If you could either post or cite
medsssage id, I'd be grateful

Herbert Hoover 1928-1932
"It Was All Franklin's Fault"

Puzzlingly, UnsteadyKens BT/giganews post fails
to show up on a number of servers?
Here is a paste of it:

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

George M. Middius wrote:

Herbert Hoover said:

Fed Up referred me to a post of your, but I have been unable to find
it either via Agent or via Google groups. Everyone else seems to have
no problem

I can't find it either. I'm sure the Krooborg was lying.

It is a bit odd, it shows up on both my BT and aioe
nntp accounts, but not google, and strangely not on
a pal's giganews account, and Unsteady posted from
a rebadged giganews account?
I pasted it as response to Herbie.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fed Up lurker Fed Up lurker is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Fed Up Lurker" wrote in message

(And NO AK, all the hardware does not sound the same)

Just another RAO ******, tilting at imaginary windmills.

FUL-ofit, if your high priests actually had to do some real science, they'd
fall by the wayside in a heartbeat.

Hi Arny, are you in a bad mood, has someone upset you?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Fed Up lurker Fed Up lurker is offline

Nutter alert - Arny and Scott have joined the
thread so now it's dead, time to move on.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 17 Feb, 09:38, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

It really hurts when even the SMWTMS turns their back on
you.

So that's why Atkinson is always so p'd off?

i don't think he has been trying to attend any of
their torture sessions
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Herbert Hoover[_3_] Herbert Hoover[_3_] is offline

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:45:22 -0500, George M. Middius
wrote:

Herbert Hoover said:

Fed Up referred me to a post of your, but I have been unable to find
it either via Agent or via Google groups. Everyone else seems to have
no problem

I can't find it either. I'm sure the Krooborg was lying.

Ahhh! Thank you, George. Most appreciated.

Herbert Hoover 1928-1932
"It Was All Franklin's Fault"

--
Ken

UK digital switchover advice:
http://www.paras.org.uk/01-intro.shtml

My feeble audio links site has moved:
again! Now adfree.
http://unsteadyken.sitegoz.com/

OK. Thanks, Feddie. In a way I would prefer not to go here because I
am a great fan of JA's, and also because these are conversations
really best held off-line.

I'm aware of everything Unsteady has written, and he's quite right. I
can speak only for myself, of course....so here goes:

Much of the website's historical material is available to everyone
regardless of whether a subscriber. I'm delighted with this, of
course, and I take occasional advantage. Again speaking only for
myself, historical material in audio holds very little sway for me.
Now, of course, others may find great value in such content, and I am
*not* gainsaying that. Such a point of view is as least equal in value
to mine, and many would say valued more than my poor farthing's worth.

Unsteady, if you see this, may I say I agree with your point as well
that the web site complements the magazine. I'm in the peculiar
position of defending a point of view I'm not sure I espouse, namely,
that I don't *like* audio* magazines.

Of course, it's also true that I am no fan of analog, having long ago
moved on and never looked back. Audio magazines devoted to such arcana
have little value for me.....which is not to say others won't benefit
enormously.

I like audio magazines well enough. I just don't think there's enough
business out there to sustain them and it's painful watching magazines
die a slow and ever-diminishing death.

When I do like audio magazines, it's because I'm in the
market......I'm looking for something and want as much input as I can
get. One year I subscribed to Stereophile just for the recommended
components section. I don't think I looked twice at the magazine after
I had purchased somethihg. That's a function of me, however, not
necessarily the market.

In the end, what matters here is that there are enough Fed Ups and
UnsteadyKens to make Stereophile a going concern. I actually love
Stereophile because I have intimate understanding of what goes into
publishing a magazine. I don't call JA a professional's professional
simply because I'm an audio suck-up.....which I'm not. I say that
because Stereophile is a magnificently edited magazine with all that
entails. I don't have to love the content to recognize quality.

I will say, though, that the Stereophile Website is neither fish nor
fowl. That is, it is not a stand-alone site capable of sustaining
itself, and it's not a magazine either. In the same way you can't just
film a play and have a good movie (although many things about such an
effort might be outstanding), you can't just put a magazine on the
web. and hope it will become an outstanding web presence.

However, there's no point in making that site much better than it
currently is if you can't sufficiently monetize the resulting effort.
I won't speak to the viability of the audio market. I leave that to JA
and Boon, both of whom are in it in spades and with skill.

With absolutely no ax to grind here......

Herbert Hoover 1928-1932
"It Was All Franklin's Fault"
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Herbert Hoover[_3_] Herbert Hoover[_3_] is offline

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 23:03:14 +0000, Fed Up Lurker
wrote:

George M. Middius wrote:

Herbert Hoover said:

Fed Up referred me to a post of your, but I have been unable to find
it either via Agent or via Google groups. Everyone else seems to have
no problem

I can't find it either. I'm sure the Krooborg was lying.

It is a bit odd, it shows up on both my BT and aioe
nntp accounts, but not google, and strangely not on
a pal's giganews account, and Unsteady posted from
a rebadged giganews account?
I pasted it as response to Herbie.

and that was much appreciated and responded to, Feddie.

Herbert Hoover 1928-1932
"It Was All Franklin's Fault"

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Herbert Hoover[_3_] Herbert Hoover[_3_] is offline

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 23:25:28 +0000, Fed Up Lurker
wrote:

Nutter alert - Arny and Scott have joined the
thread so now it's dead, time to move on.

You can't put anything past Mrs. Lurker's son, can you?

Dead on, Feddie. Time to move on to something else

Herbert Hoover 1928-1932
"It Was All Franklin's Fault"
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Herbert Hoover[_3_] Herbert Hoover[_3_] is offline

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:38:41 -0800, hophead wrote:

In article ,
says...

Herbert Hoover said:

Fed Up referred me to a post of your, but I have been unable to find
it either via Agent or via Google groups. Everyone else seems to have
no problem

I can't find it either. I'm sure the Krooborg was lying.

It's not on my NNTP server either. Without a doubt the Krooborg was
lying.

Shocked, Shocked, I tell you! hoocuddaknown?

Herbert Hoover 1928-1932
"It Was All Franklin's Fault"
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
UnsteadyKen[_3_] UnsteadyKen[_3_] is offline

Herbert Hoover wrote...

There you are, unsteady!.

Fed Up referred me to a post of your, but I have been unable to find
it either via Agent or via Google groups. Everyone else seems to have
no problem, but I suppose I must be in a depressed
state..........because I can't seem to locate it....something about
audio magazines, perhaps?

It was just a reply to your question about whether it was worth
visiting the Stereophile website. I gave what I thought were several
good reasons for doing so and finished by mentioning that IMO the site
was an good example of how a publisher could use the web to complement
a print magazine and provide an excellent resource in its own right.

As opposed to the cheapskate effort by IPC Media, publishers of my
favourite print mag Hi-Fi News http://www.hifinews.co.uk/ which appears
to be there mainly to tempt passing Googlers into buying PDF reprints
of reviews for nearly the full cover price of the magazine. Tut tut.

--
Ken

UK digital switchover advice:
http://www.paras.org.uk/01-intro.shtml

My feeble audio links site has moved:
again! Now adfree.
http://unsteadyken.sitegoz.com/
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
hophead hophead is offline

In article , HHoover1928
@gmail.com says...

In the end, what matters here is that there are enough Fed Ups and
UnsteadyKens to make Stereophile a going concern. I actually love
Stereophile because I have intimate understanding of what goes into
publishing a magazine. I don't call JA a professional's professional
simply because I'm an audio suck-up.....which I'm not. I say that
because Stereophile is a magnificently edited magazine with all that
entails. I don't have to love the content to recognize quality.

I'm a relatively recent subscriber to Stereophile (just approaching 2
years now) and I really love it. But I like magazines in general. I've
almost always got a subscription on the go for whatever I'm into (I love
cooking: I get a couple of magazines in that genre even though all that
same info is available on-line).

In the earlier days I subscribed to Byte magazine and other similar mags
when that was my thing: I even held a subscription to the "C/C++ User's
Journal" for a time, but I've moved on from that.

Stereophile is blessed with some excellent writers: I don't necessarily
read it for "information", though that can be a part of it, but I really
enjoy reading Fremer, Tellig, Dudley and the other cast. I'm always
thrilled when my copy arrives. And of course, I do learn things.

I'll also say that digital is good, too: I like Tone magazine, and I've
always liked Marc's writing. Jeff Dorgay is good, too, and I like the
depth and breadth of their coverage.

I really hope that you are wrong about print mags: I may be something of
a dinosaur, but I personally love them. Hell, I've even got a ton of
back issues of "The Audio Critic" though I admit these days I part
company with the founder's philosophy.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:43:50 -0800, hophead wrote:

I'm a relatively recent subscriber to Stereophile (just approaching 2
years now) and I really love it. But I like magazines in general. I've
almost always got a subscription on the go for whatever I'm into (I love
cooking: I get a couple of magazines in that genre even though all that
same info is available on-line).

I used to feel similarly. My behavior was forever changed as I
gradually over a period of time found myself reading the NY Times on
line more and more as opposed to the actual newspaper.

After a while, I found I no longer look forward toi eading traditional
print (other than books, that is)

snipped for brevity

I really hope that you are wrong about print mags: I may be something of
a dinosaur, but I personally love them. Hell, I've even got a ton of
back issues of "The Audio Critic" though I admit these days I part
company with the founder's philosophy.

Well.....I do, too (but I don't think so)

Herbert Hoover 1928-1932
"It Was All Franklin's Fault"

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Tony[_12_] Tony[_12_] is offline

Please ignore.
I've been asked by someone to change my headers
just for this post. To locate posts by you and to post
this supplied reply. To ascertain if this BT/giganews
server account will also fail to show on several severs.

"UnsteadyKen" wrote in message
m...
Herbert Hoover wrote...

There you are, unsteady!.

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"George M. Middius" wrote in
message
Herbert Hoover said:

Fed Up referred me to a post of your, but I have been
unable to find it either via Agent or via Google groups.
Everyone else seems to have no problem

I can't find it either. I'm sure the Krooborg was lying.

No Middiot - Gogle was lying to you. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"hophead" wrote in message

HHoover1928 @gmail.com says...

In the end, what matters here is that there are enough
Fed Ups and UnsteadyKens to make Stereophile a going
concern. I actually love Stereophile because I have
intimate understanding of what goes into publishing a
magazine. I don't call JA a professional's professional
simply because I'm an audio suck-up.....which I'm not. I
say that because Stereophile is a magnificently edited
magazine with all that entails. I don't have to love the
content to recognize quality.

no amission that he was wrong when he accused me of lying

Just another RAO troll who actually believes the Middiot's spew.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Fed Up Lurker" wrote in message

Nutter alert - Arny and Scott have joined the
thread so now it's dead, time to move on.

Typical RAO troll response to input from adults who are capable of critical
thinking.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
TT TT is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"George M. Middius" wrote in
message
Herbert Hoover said:

Fed Up referred me to a post of your, but I have been
unable to find it either via Agent or via Google groups.
Everyone else seems to have no problem

I can't find it either. I'm sure the Krooborg was lying.

No Middiot - Gogle was lying to you. ;-)

"Gogle" eh?! Is that the new Google Light?

TT

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Feb 18, 7:50*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Fed Up Lurker" wrote in

Nutter alert - Arny and Scott have joined the
thread so now it's dead, time to move on.

Typical RAO troll response to input from adults who are capable of critical
thinking.

People who are rational, sane and smart realize that you and 2pid
destroy discussions. You and 2pid are the only ones who think that the
two of you are capable of discussing anything.

Everybody else knows better. Isn't that funny, GOIA?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote in message

On Feb 18, 7:50 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"Fed Up Lurker" wrote in

Nutter alert - Arny and Scott have joined the
thread so now it's dead, time to move on.

Typical RAO troll response to input from adults who are
capable of critical thinking.

People who are rational, sane and smart ...

....are a class of people that you can't deal with effectively, Grasshopper.
Time to get back off those drugs and back on your meds. That and a GED would
be a big help for you.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Feb 18, 8:57*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote in

On Feb 18, 7:50 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"Fed Up Lurker" wrote in

Nutter alert - Arny and Scott have joined the
thread so now it's dead, time to move on.
Typical RAO troll response to input from adults who are
capable of critical thinking.

People who are rational, sane and smart ...

...are a class of people that you can't deal with effectively, Master.

Oh wow. A weak IKYABWAI.

I did *not* see that coming. LOL!

Time to get back off those drugs and back on your meds. That and a GED would
be a big help for you.

You're like a Dachshund trying to take on a Doberman, GOIA. There are
two prime differences between us: I'm sane and smart. You're not. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 18 Feb, 08:31, "TT" wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"hophead" wrote in message
et
In article ,
says...

Herbert Hoover said:

Fed Up referred me to a post of your, but I have been
unable to find it either via Agent or via Google
groups. Everyone else seems to have no problem

I can't find it either. I'm sure the Krooborg was lying.

It's not on my NNTP server either. Without a doubt the
Krooborg was lying.

USK has confirmed making the post - you are simply talking trash as usual.
:-(

Pot - Kettle - Black!!!

TT- Ascunde citatul -

- Afiºare text în citat -

Didn't you mean commode - bedpan - brown, considering Arny beinf the
source?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 18 Feb, 08:57, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote in

On Feb 18, 7:50 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"Fed Up Lurker" wrote in

Nutter alert - Arny and Scott have joined the
thread so now it's dead, time to move on.
Typical RAO troll response to input from adults who are
capable of critical thinking.

People who are rational, sane and smart ...

...are a class of people that you can't deal with effectively, Grasshopper.
Time to get back off those drugs and back on your meds. That and a GED would
be a big help for you.

Its time for you to walk in front of a bus, Cockroach.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Clyde Slick said:

Didn't you mean commode - bedpan - brown, considering Arny beinf the
source?

Arnii believes what jeebus tells him to believe.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"hophead" wrote in message

I have to admit: I was wrong about Mr. Krooger lying in
this instance.

A nonsense statement since there is no such person as Mr. Krooger. You know
better than that, therefore you are being deceptive, IOW lying.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 18 Feb, 14:51, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"hophead" wrote in message

I have to admit: I was wrong about Mr. Krooger lying in
this instance.

A nonsense statement since there is no such person as Mr. Krooger. *You know
better than that, therefore you are being deceptive, IOW lying.

yes, as you point out, he was lying when he said that Krooger
was telling the truth. Good one, Cockroach!!!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Arnii, plz avert your ocular implants

hophead said:

I have to admit: I was wrong about Mr. Krooger lying in this instance.
In my defense the record shows that The Krooborg is a pathological liar
and a giant turd. Further, the referenced post was nowhwere to be seen.

Applying the scientific method led support to the only logical
conclusion (The Krooborg lied), but recent newly discovered evidence has
challenged this.

My revised hypothesis: Arnii Krooger is a liar, but (shocking as it may
seem) he did NOT lie about unsteadyken's post.

Another humiliation for the Krooborg: Caught telling the truth in public.

--

"Who is Arnii Krooger?" -- Arnii Krooger (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
hophead hophead is offline

In article 7b945d65-276f-4cd6-9ac7-
,
says...

yes, as you point out, he was lying when he said that Krooger
was telling the truth. Good one, Cockroach!!!

Hmm, Cockroach... most appropriate.

For variety you might try "dung beetle" as well.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
hophead hophead is offline

In article ,
says...

Another humiliation for the Krooborg: Caught telling the truth in public.

Isn't that typically a prelude to a Kroodown?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

hophead said:

Another humiliation for the Krooborg: Caught telling the truth in public.

Isn't that typically a prelude to a Kroodown?

You may have humiliated Turdy into total submission. Nice.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Fed Up Lurker" wrote in message

(And NO AK, all the hardware does not sound the same)

Just another RAO ******, tilting at imaginary windmills.

FUL-ofit, if your high priests actually had to do some real science, they'd
fall by the wayside in a heartbeat.

Hi Arny,
I have to admit you're good at the baiting malarky,
and I shouldn't fall for it, and this is the last time
I do fall for your silliness, but....

"real science"? But you Arny use and have faith in
PM's (and to a lesser extent JA's) science.
In your very own "tests", just one example, that
PCI card and software for measuring jitter, it
maybe badged differently, and not as pretty in
your screengrabs, but who do you think was the
developer/originator of that very type of important
jitter measurement tool? That the software you use
is a clumsy copy of said tool.

And Arny, why is it that though it;s obvious you
read through every word posted in zillions of different
groups, it is obvious when you are slaughtered and
lost for a counter argument you carefully select what
posts/threads to reply with your silliness, but still
you get it wrong.
So please, take this opportunity to right just one
or two in this thread. Your amateur recordings of
your local church choir with budget mic's and domestic
hardware. But nobody has actually heard them (If they
exist). But in usenet you use them so as to claim
"professional" status (You're not a professional)
So just once, give substance to your dubious claims,
post a small segment, to YouTube - we will understand
that converted to streaming flash will have an impact,
but it is just to show that you do have some sort of
experiance that you claim to have in that field.

To others:
Dear Herbie
You've been a delight, a real pleasure being in
dialog with you. I hope to catch up with you soon.

UnSteadyKen:
It seems that since late january you may have been
blacklisted by a number of nntp servers, I haven't
done any real homework, but it could be because
you post from a specific assigned IP block that is
deemed naughty? (Not you, but others on that IP sector)

JA:
Silence is golden...and very revealing!
I understand why you couldn't reply to my question.

Now it just leaves me to wish you all a safe Bon Jovi
on your voyage through the loonacy that is usenet.
I'm off to Tesco's to shoplift a couple of bottles
of Californian Cabernet (The Yanks have the perfect
climate and soil for this grape - better than anything
the French can muster)

Cheers
John.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Herbert Hoover[_3_] Herbert Hoover[_3_] is offline

To others:
Dear Herbie
You've been a delight, a real pleasure being in
dialog with you. I hope to catch up with you soon.

Easily done, Feddie.....er......John. E-mail me. That Herbert Hoover
e-mail address works. I'll respond and we'll communicate
well-enough.....well-enough, that is, if I can recover from being
knackered all these years.

Herbert "Knackered" Hoover 2009-2009
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 19 Feb, 06:40, Fed Up Lurker wrote:
..

Now it just leaves me to wish you all a safe Bon Jovi
on your voyage through the loonacy that is usenet.
I'm off to Tesco's to shoplift a couple of bottles
of Californian Cabernet (The Yanks have the perfect
climate and soil for this grape - better than anything
the French can muster)

the Rutherford Bench

A fine player Jenn Audio Opinions 10 July 28th 06 04:27 AM
Fine (fee-nay), in the Italian sense Bob Marcus High End Audio 154 December 26th 05 04:57 PM
Sub was fine, now it seems quiet? Buckshot Car Audio 0 November 19th 04 03:52 AM
What a fine, upstanding V.P. we have! Sandman Audio Opinions 0 December 24th 03 01:16 PM