Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

Default Eliminating CD's

Arny Krueger wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message

fathom wrote:

It's easy to run a headless PC (no keyboard or
monitor).

I'm using a Linux-based server OS called ClarkConnect
on an old $300 Athlon PC to serve up 1400 albums to 5
different Squeezeboxes around the house. It's
extremely stable and I never have to touch it. The
server stays in a closet and everything is controlled
from my Windows desktop PC.

Great, except you still have a "head" on your Windows
PC. My PC is not in my listening room. Nor do a really
want one in there.

No sane person wants to have a PC *anywhere*.

Wrong, obviously.

Totally correct. As usual you jumped the gun and skipped the explanation.

No need to explain when you're so obviously wrong.

However, there are all these
compelling practical reasons for having them wherever.

Everything has pros and cons. For me, the cons of a PC
in my living room outweigh the pros.

It is very nice that you have so much money and time to burn.

Yeah, Arny, I even have a custom oak entertainment center, even though
I could have built one out of plywood and saved some money.

How long are you expecting to live - 300 years?

Stupid question noted.

Or, do you just have few expectations
for your life, so wasting time is OK?

I don't understand the relevance of these questions. How would the
Olive "waste" more time that the PC? MY expectation would be that it
would at least as fast as the PC. What am I missing?

Not using a PC when they are the most practical solution
"just because" is not smart.

Using something that you consider sub-optimal just
because it's somewhat cheaper can also be "not smart".

Narrow view of "most practical solution" noted.

Kroological statement noted.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Harry Lavo" wrote:

Lameness personified.

If this post was really that lame to you Harry, you
wouldn't reply.

Hmm, I just caught Harry in three lies, in just one post.

No, you did not, but I just caught you in a lie, Arny.

Unless you can prove that people do not reply to posts
that they think are "lame"? In fact, "lame" posts are
replied-to all the time, Arny.

No they are not.

Yes, they are, liar.

Why would anybody in their right mind respond to a truely
lame post?

Because they want to.

It's a lie to falsely claim that someone lied, Arny.

Thanks for indicting yourself, Dizzy. Saves me the trouble.

Stop lying, Arny.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! wrote:

But toopid makes truely lame posts. Arns makes truely lame posts, too.
And people truely respond to both.

Of course they do. I've personally replied to posts that I consider
"lame" many, many times over the years.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

dizzy said:

Stop lying, Arny.

Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly....

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

dizzy said:

But toopid makes truely lame posts. Arns makes truely lame posts, too.
And people truely respond to both.

Of course they do. I've personally replied to posts that I consider
"lame" many, many times over the years.

Realley and truely?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"dizzy" wrote in message
Arny Krueger wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message
Arny Krueger wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message

fathom wrote:

[...]

Dizzy, you just don't understand Arny's logic. Pay attention now. He has
at least five basic postulates that explain virtually all of his audio input

1. Theory=Evidence (and its correllary, Articles are what I say they are).
This postulate allows Arny to argue with great conviction based on his
theoretical understanding, and when asked for his proof, to refer to
articles that he has "authored" at sometime and in some place (perhaps on a
cereal box). But nonetheless they are published articles, and they support
his thinking. All the "evidence" you should need.

2. Experience doesn't count (and it's travel-mate, Actual use of in-depth
knowledge in a field alien to Arny=snobbism) This allows him to pontificate
with pure self-righteousness. Those with actual experience in the area
under discussion have no advantage when it comes to presenting arguments.
Thus he can debate and even assume a superiority discussing music with Jenn,
turntables with Scott, recording with John A, etc. without ever having to
achieve an equivalent level of experience or knowledge, since he represents
the superior, McDonald-totalling "common man".

2. Good=Cheap (and its corollary, Bad=Expensive). This is another postulate
that in conjunction with #1 allows him to self-righteously pronounce on
audio gear. What, you paid more than the minimum for a CD player. BAD!
BAD! You mean you actually prefer those expensive tube amplifiers? BAD!
BAD! You've bought a Behringer equalizer? GOOD, GOOD! Shows you are a true
connoisseur of high-end audio, one who won't be fooled. And I don't need no
friggin experience to know so!

3. All that needs to be known is known=scientific (and its corollary,
anybody who suggests something worthwhile may not yet be known or
appreciated fully=charlatan or magician). Removing any possible
infiltration of uncertainty allows Arny to argue with conviction. If it
existed in his textbook or his computer manual yesterday, it is science. If
it is something that has not yet achieved consensus among EE's, it is
"magic". And everybody knows "magic" is not to be taken seriously. The
world is round? Clearly some crackpot espousing magical thinking. Hell,
didn't we learn in VenetianSecondayAcademy that the world is flat?

4. Music=irrelevant (and its corollary, white noise uber alles). The basic
properties of audio gear are signal-to-noise ratio, frequency response up to
20khz, and volume. That's all. Music, musical dynamics, timbrel accuracy,
none of that is relevant. The first two properties determine perfection (as
in CD players) and the latter determines preference (as in all those dupes
who think they prefer something expensive). Analog circuitry, component
quality, power supply design, all that esoteric stuff....irrelevant....even
$39 Kmart CD players have that down cold.

5. No Difference=Competent Design(corollary: Difference=Incompetent Design).
This is a handy corollary that allows Arny to dismiss any blind comparisons
that actually find a difference between electrical components. This of
course is the ultimate backstop to all of the above corollaries.

See, once you understand his postulates, his responses will no longer amaze
you.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
"Harry Lavo" wrote:

2. Good=Cheap (and its corollary, Bad=Expensive).

Except when it's on sale or some kind of good deal, which indicates
inferiority based on market rejection.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Default Kroologic Exposition

MiNe 109 said:

2. Good=Cheap (and its corollary, Bad=Expensive).

Except when it's on sale or some kind of good deal, which indicates
inferiority based on market rejection.

This is getting to be a swamp.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 23:08:38 -0500, MiNe 109

"Harry Lavo" wrote:

2. Good=Cheap (and its corollary, Bad=Expensive).

Except when it's on sale or some kind of good deal, which indicates
inferiority based on market rejection.

Very good. You've not only mastered the basics, but the logical
extrapolations. This is amazing in one lesson. :-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 22:40:14 GMT, dizzy wrote:

Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! wrote:

But toopid makes truely lame posts. Arns makes truely lame posts, too.
And people truely respond to both.

Of course they do. I've personally replied to posts that I consider
"lame" many, many times over the years.

This is so tempting.

But no.....

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
btcompute btcompute is offline

"Harry Lavo" wrote:

2. Good=Cheap (and its corollary, Bad=Expensive).

Except when it's on sale or some kind of good deal, which indicates
inferiority based on market rejection.

Very good. You've not only mastered the basics, but the logical
extrapolations. This is amazing in one lesson. :-)

Since I am the one who started this thread, perhaps I should chime in
again.

First, thanks for those of you who responded with "reasonable"
comments. It looks like the Squeezebox route is my best affordable
option. I'll store the music in a Lossless format. It surprises me
that nobody has produced an afforable cd player with a built in hard
drive and multi-line display. I bet there is a big market for this
type of thing.

Second, it is disappointing to see what this thread has turned in to.
Don't you children have anything better to than to spend lots of time
insulting each other? You sound like a bunch of spoiled brats winning
in nursery school. Get a life!!

I think it is time to let this thread die, unless people can get it
back on track with the original intent.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

btcompute said:

Don't you children have anything better to than to spend lots of time
insulting each other?

I believe you've missed both the point of our badinage and its thrust.

You sound like a bunch of spoiled brats winning in nursery school.

Nursery school has competitions? For what, the spot next to the radiator at
naptime?

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On 17 Mar 2007 08:11:07 -0700, "btcompute"
wrote:

Don't you children have anything better to than to spend lots of time
insulting each other?

No. What better is there?

I think it is time to let this thread die, unless people can get it
back on track with the original intent.

We were simply following the founding charter. There's nothing more
original than that.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

Dizzy, you just don't understand Arny's logic. Pay
attention now. He has at least five basic postulates
that explain virtually all of his audio input
1. Theory=Evidence (and its correllary, Articles are what
I say they are). This postulate allows Arny to argue with
great conviction based on his theoretical understanding,
and when asked for his proof, to refer to articles that
he has "authored" at sometime and in some place (perhaps
on a cereal box). But nonetheless they are published
articles, and they support his thinking. All the
"evidence" you should need.

Good example of this would be Harry's reliance on this certain
vendor-sponsored article that got shopped around the AES anmd IEEE and
finally got published in some off-the-wall journal. It's the only thing he's
got that supports his obsession with high sample rates, and just about
everybody else laughs at it.

2. Experience doesn't count (and it's travel-mate, Actual
use of in-depth knowledge in a field alien to
Arny=snobbism) This allows him to pontificate with pure
self-righteousness. Those with actual experience in the
area under discussion have no advantage when it comes to
presenting arguments. Thus he can debate and even assume
a superiority discussing music with Jenn,

Never happened.

turntables with Scott,

Which Scott? One's a flaming idiot and the other is merely a technical
midget?

recording with John A, etc.

Only when John wets himself in public, which happens not infrequently.

without ever having to
achieve an equivalent level of experience or knowledge,

Why would I start forgetting what I know so that I would be at an equivalent
level of experience or knowledge with the aforementioned persons?

since he represents the superior, McDonald-totalling "common man".

Me, the common man? LOL!

2. Good=Cheap (and its corollary, Bad=Expensive). This
is another postulate that in conjunction with #1 allows
him to self-righteously pronounce on audio gear. What,
you paid more than the minimum for a CD player. BAD!
BAD!

Harry is out of date. I berate people for buying *any* CD player, given that
DVD players are so good at such low prices.

You mean you actually prefer those expensive tube
amplifiers? BAD! BAD!

Zip said it best - toobs are for boobs, and I don't mean what Anna Nicole
wore on her chest. ;-)

You've bought a Behringer
equalizer? GOOD, GOOD! Shows you are a true connoisseur
of high-end audio, one who won't be fooled. And I don't
need no friggin experience to know so!

Harry likes for forget that don't actually own any Behringer equalizers -
mind are almost all Ranes. BTW, has Harry even heard of Rane equalizers? ;-)

3. All that needs to be known is known=scientific (and
its corollary, anybody who suggests something worthwhile
may not yet be known or appreciated fully=charlatan or
magician).

Harry's really confused here - he is not up-to-date with the SOTA in audio,
so he keeps thinking that something is not known in general, just because he
doesn't know about it.

Removing any possible infiltration of
uncertainty allows Arny to argue with conviction. If it
existed in his textbook or his computer manual yesterday,
it is science.

Given that my yesterday is years in Harry's future... Computers are a sore
point with Harry, given how out of date he is, congenitally.

If it is something that has not yet
achieved consensus among EE's, it is "magic". And
everybody knows "magic" is not to be taken seriously. The world is round?
Clearly some crackpot espousing
magical thinking. Hell, didn't we learn in
VenetianSecondayAcademy that the world is flat?

Apparently Harry did some schooling in Europe. I never did.

4. Music=irrelevant (and its corollary, white noise uber
alles). The basic properties of audio gear are
signal-to-noise ratio, frequency response up to 20khz,
and volume. That's all.

I guess this means that Harry doesn't know about nonlinear distortion,
especially esoteric things like FM distortion. They're not on his list, I
guess that means that he doesn't think they exist.

Music, musical dynamics,
timbrel accuracy, none of that is relevant.

Obviously, Harry is stone deaf. He stopped doing recording for hire years
ago, which is probably when he started losing clients because of how bad his
recordings sounded.

The first
two properties determine perfection (as in CD players)
and the latter determines preference (as in all those
dupes who think they prefer something expensive). Analog
circuitry, component quality, power supply design, all
that esoteric stuff....irrelevant....even $39 Kmart CD
players have that down cold.

Harry has these mind snaps and keeps confusing CD players and DVD players.

5. No Difference=Competent Design(corollary:
Difference=Incompetent Design). This is a handy corollary
that allows Arny to dismiss any blind comparisons that
actually find a difference between electrical components.
This of course is the ultimate backstop to all of the
above corollaries.

If you can make sense of this paragraph, please explain it to me. ;-)

See, once you understand his postulates, his responses
will no longer amaze you.

Harry obviously lives in his own little world where posts like the above are
actually true and even make sense.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"btcompute" wrote in message
oups.com

Second, it is disappointing to see what this thread has
turned in to. Don't you children have anything better to
than to spend lots of time insulting each other? You
sound like a bunch of spoiled brats winning in nursery
school. Get a life!!

Good point. While these other guys were errr, abusing themselves, I was out
on several live recording gigs, listening to and recording a lot of music,
talking to people who actually make music with musical instruments and some
talent, and rousting up a little pocket change.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 06:54:36 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

5. No Difference=Competent Design(corollary:
Difference=Incompetent Design). This is a handy corollary
that allows Arny to dismiss any blind comparisons that
actually find a difference between electrical components.
This of course is the ultimate backstop to all of the
above corollaries.

If you can make sense of this paragraph, please explain it to me. ;-)

Simple, Arny. You say that if one can't hear a difference in Cd
players, amps etc, they must be competently designed. If one can hear
a difference, at least one must be incompetently designed. Thus you
explain away any perceived differences in blind comparisons. This is
your ultimate out.

Clearer now?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

"Arny Krueger" said:

2. Good=Cheap (and its corollary, Bad=Expensive). This
is another postulate that in conjunction with #1 allows
him to self-righteously pronounce on audio gear. What,
you paid more than the minimum for a CD player. BAD!
BAD!

Harry is out of date. I berate people for buying *any* CD player, given that
DVD players are so good at such low prices.

WTF do I need a DVD player for in my *music* system?

I have over 2000 CDs (and about as many LPs) that play fine on one of
my CD players.
No doubt, they'll play fine on a DVD player as well, but why should I
use a DVD player when all of my CD players are functioning well and
sounding good?

There's a DVD player in the bedroom with the TV, and there's a DVD
writer in both my PC and laptop. That's all I need.

insert comment about being old fashioned and afraid/ignorant of new
technology here

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil dave weil is offline

wrote:

Harry likes for forget that don't actually own any Behringer equalizers -
mind are almost all Ranes.

That darned English!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" said:

2. Good=Cheap (and its corollary, Bad=Expensive). This
is another postulate that in conjunction with #1 allows
him to self-righteously pronounce on audio gear. What,
you paid more than the minimum for a CD player. BAD!
BAD!

Harry is out of date. I berate people for buying *any* CD player, given that
DVD players are so good at such low prices.

WTF do I need a DVD player for in my *music* system?

You don't. but given the lack of choices and price options in CD
only players...opening the door to consideration of DVD players
expands the options quite dramatically.

I have over 2000 CDs (and about as many LPs) that play fine on one of
my CD players.
No doubt, they'll play fine on a DVD player as well, but why should I
use a DVD player when all of my CD players are functioning well and
sounding good?

Did I miss something? (Beyond being offered the choice of flaming
idiot or technical mental midget? )
I don't recall this being about replacing good gear. Though I do think
some of the newer DVD players might have a slight technical edge
over some of the older CD only players. Not that I would claim
significant obvious audible differences.....

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

5. No Difference=Competent Design(corollary:
Difference=Incompetent Design). This is a handy
corollary that allows Arny to dismiss any blind
comparisons that actually find a difference between
electrical components. This of course is the ultimate
backstop to all of the above corollaries.

If you can make sense of this paragraph, please explain
it to me. ;-)

Simple, Arny. You say that if one can't hear a difference
in Cd players, amps etc, they must be competently
designed.

Come on, say it the way it was said. What I said is that competently
designed CD players and amplifiers are sonically indistringuishable, and not
uncommon.

If one can hear a difference, at least one must
be incompetently designed.

Agreed.

Thus you explain away any perceived differences in blind comparisons.

Frankly, there ain't a lot to explain. Even marginally-designed stuff will
be perceieved by most listeners to be indentical.

This is your ultimate out.

Not really, because I can define "Competently designed" by indepenedent
means - in terms of measurable performance.

Clearer now?

As I just clarified.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Eliminating Thinking the Middiot way.

"Arny Krueger" said:

2. Good=Cheap (and its corollary, Bad=Expensive). This
is another postulate that in conjunction with #1 allows
him to self-righteously pronounce on audio gear. What,
you paid more than the minimum for a CD player. BAD!
BAD!

Harry is out of date. I berate people for buying *any*
CD player, given that DVD players are so good at such
low prices.

WTF do I need a DVD player for in my *music* system?

To play CDs. Obviously you don't need a DVD player until you need a CD
player.

I have over 2000 CDs (and about as many LPs) that play
fine on one of my CD players.

Then you should have long ago figured out that you aren't currently a
candidate for a DVD player. Note that I restricted my comments to buying
CD players. If you could read that and understand simple english you would
have never gone here, Sander.

No doubt, they'll play fine on a DVD player as well, but
why should I use a DVD player when all of my CD players
are functioning well and sounding good?

Inability to read simple English noted. Typical for people who were trainied
how to think by the Middiot.

There's a DVD player in the bedroom with the TV, and
there's a DVD writer in both my PC and laptop. That's all
I need.

So Sander, you go out and buy new CD players when you don't need any?
That's where you seem to be headed.

insert comment about being old fashioned and
afraid/ignorant of new technology here

Delusions of omniscience noted.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

[...]

Right. Research done by Professors, Doctors, and research PhD's via a
consotrtium grant and published in the peer-reviewed "Journal of
Neurophysiology". Doesn't begin to compare with Arny's home experiments
published in the "how to" column of Audio Amateur.

[...]

I rest my case.

since he represents the superior, McDonald-totalling "common man".

Me, the common man? LOL!

Delusions of grandeur noted.

2. Good=Cheap (and its corollary, Bad=Expensive). This
is another postulate that in conjunction with #1 allows
him to self-righteously pronounce on audio gear. What,
you paid more than the minimum for a CD player. BAD!
BAD!

Harry is out of date. I berate people for buying *any* CD player, given
that DVD players are so good at such low prices.

Just a matter of degree, Arny.

You mean you actually prefer those expensive tube
amplifiers? BAD! BAD!

Zip said it best - toobs are for boobs, and I don't mean what Anna Nicole
wore on her chest. ;-)

Well, about 40% of the audiophile market disagrees, Arny. Hardly makes that
a monolithic opinion, now, does it?

You've bought a Behringer
equalizer? GOOD, GOOD! Shows you are a true connoisseur
of high-end audio, one who won't be fooled. And I don't
need no friggin experience to know so!

Harry likes for forget that don't actually own any Behringer equalizers -
mind are almost all Ranes. BTW, has Harry even heard of Rane equalizers?
;-)

Well, assuming I can translate the above into English, then perhaps I should
say "in the past...". I'll definitely say "that's about all he ever
recommends on RAP...". And yes, Arny, I do know what Rane equalizers
are...in fact I briefly owned one.

3. All that needs to be known is known=scientific (and
its corollary, anybody who suggests something worthwhile
may not yet be known or appreciated fully=charlatan or
magician).

Harry's really confused here - he is not up-to-date with the SOTA in
audio, so he keeps thinking that something is not known in general, just
because he doesn't know about it.

Okay, Arny. What "not yet proven" but "possible" audio theories are out
there that you consider open to considering as possibly valid?

Removing any possible infiltration of
uncertainty allows Arny to argue with conviction. If it
existed in his textbook or his computer manual yesterday,
it is science.

Given that my yesterday is years in Harry's future... Computers are a sore
point with Harry, given how out of date he is, congenitally.

LOL. I've been using/building/installing computers since 1981, starting
with an Osborne, on which I managed to automate my financial record keeping
for both home and a summer rental property. I bought the first four IBM PC
XT's sold in Lousiville, KY for the company I headed, and completely
automated the financial reporting system in three months. I founded a
consulting company in the mid-eighties that used PC's to compete with
McKinsey and Booze, who were still using $100,000 a pop Wang word processors
(an beat them out on a few proposals). I owned (with a partner) a computer
services and hardware firm for eight years that managed to develop and
install a state-of-the-art medical information processing system for
Montifiore Hospital when they ran the clinics on Riker's Island. And
researched and recommended a state-of-the-art workflow solution of one of
the Big 5 Accounting Firms. Now, in my retirement, I live in a home with
four wirelessly networked PC's, one of them a recording DAW. Sure I don't
know computers.

If it is something that has not yet
achieved consensus among EE's, it is "magic". And
everybody knows "magic" is not to be taken seriously. The world is round?
Clearly some crackpot espousing
magical thinking. Hell, didn't we learn in
VenetianSecondayAcademy that the world is flat?

Apparently Harry did some schooling in Europe. I never did.

Actually, Arny...it was Galileo. Ever hear of him?

4. Music=irrelevant (and its corollary, white noise uber
alles). The basic properties of audio gear are
signal-to-noise ratio, frequency response up to 20khz,
and volume. That's all.

I guess this means that Harry doesn't know about nonlinear distortion,
especially esoteric things like FM distortion. They're not on his list, I
guess that means that he doesn't think they exist.

Gosh, Arny....I guess it is us simpletons that you dumb down your repetoire
for, right?

Music, musical dynamics,
timbrel accuracy, none of that is relevant.

Obviously, Harry is stone deaf. He stopped doing recording for hire years
ago, which is probably when he started losing clients because of how bad
his recordings sounded.

Not only is this wrong, but it is of course completely irrelevant to my
comment, for which Arny has no known response that would not make him a
laughstock on Usenet.

The first
two properties determine perfection (as in CD players)
and the latter determines preference (as in all those
dupes who think they prefer something expensive). Analog
circuitry, component quality, power supply design, all
that esoteric stuff....irrelevant....even $39 Kmart CD
players have that down cold.

Harry has these mind snaps and keeps confusing CD players and DVD players.

I guess Arny is getting tired....my mind snaps having him confusing his DVD
players with my CD players.

5. No Difference=Competent Design(corollary:
Difference=Incompetent Design). This is a handy corollary
that allows Arny to dismiss any blind comparisons that
actually find a difference between electrical components.
This of course is the ultimate backstop to all of the
above corollaries.

If you can make sense of this paragraph, please explain it to me. ;-)

I yield to Paul on this one.

See, once you understand his postulates, his responses
will no longer amaze you.

Harry obviously lives in his own little world where posts like the above
are actually true and even make sense.

No its your own big world of lies, hypocrisy, and posturing that I post
about, Arny.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

Default Decoding Krooglish on a sunday evening.

"Arny Krueger" said:

Harry is out of date. I berate people for buying *any*
CD player, given that DVD players are so good at such
low prices.

WTF do I need a DVD player for in my *music* system?

To play CDs. Obviously you don't need a DVD player until you need a CD
player.

"You don't need a DVD player until you need a CD player."

Umm........whatever.

I have over 2000 CDs (and about as many LPs) that play
fine on one of my CD players.

Then you should have long ago figured out that you aren't currently a
candidate for a DVD player. Note that I restricted my comments to buying
CD players. If you could read that and understand simple english you would
have never gone here, Sander.

You berate people for buying * any* CD player.
I sometimes buy older models, just for fun and tweaking.
Those oldies are well built and will outlive the cheap DVD players,
some of which are known to function for only a year or so.

No doubt, they'll play fine on a DVD player as well, but
why should I use a DVD player when all of my CD players
are functioning well and sounding good?

Inability to read simple English noted. Typical for people who were trainied
how to think by the Middiot.

Prove it.

There's a DVD player in the bedroom with the TV, and
there's a DVD writer in both my PC and laptop. That's all
I need.

So Sander, you go out and buy new CD players when you don't need any?
That's where you seem to be headed.

In fact, I do.

I recently bought an old Pioneer PDS-06 and a Teac VRDS20, just to toy
around with.
I don't "need" them since I have already enough other players lying
around.

insert comment about being old fashioned and
afraid/ignorant of new technology here

Delusions of omniscience noted.

Just an educated guess.
A snotstorm instead, what's the diferrence?

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

paul packer wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 22:40:14 GMT, dizzy wrote:

Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! wrote:

But toopid makes truely lame posts. Arns makes truely lame posts, too.
And people truely respond to both.

Of course they do. I've personally replied to posts that I consider
"lame" many, many times over the years.

This is so tempting.

But no.....

I'm glad you showed restraint. The setup made wise-cracks just TOO
easy. 8)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

George M. Middius cmndr _ george @ comcast . net wrote:

dizzy said:

But toopid makes truely lame posts. Arns makes truely lame posts, too.
And people truely respond to both.

Of course they do. I've personally replied to posts that I consider
"lame" many, many times over the years.

Realley and truely?

I'm doing so as I type.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Arny Krueger" said:

Harry is out of date. I berate people for buying *any*
CD player, given that DVD players are so good at such
low prices.

WTF do I need a DVD player for in my *music* system?

To play CDs. Obviously you don't need a DVD player until
you need a CD player.

"You don't need a DVD player until you need a CD player."

Umm........whatever.

It doesn't take much to go over your head any more, does it Sander?

I have over 2000 CDs (and about as many LPs) that play
fine on one of my CD players.

Then you should have long ago figured out that you
aren't currently a candidate for a DVD player. Note
that I restricted my comments to buying CD players. If
you could read that and understand simple english you
would have never gone here, Sander.

You berate people for buying * any* CD player.

So what? No matter how you try to change the subject Sander, I never said
get a DVD player to play CDs even when you have enough working CD players on
hand. That's what you tried to pretend I said, Sander. Nice job of not
taking responsibility for your scribblings.

Here's some friendly advice Sander - whatever it is that is rotting your
brain before our very eyes, try to stay off of it. You don't seem to have
any brains to spare.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Why I think good old Arns and toopid are related

On Mar 19, 7:02 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

Here's some friendly advice Sander - whatever it is that is rotting your
brain before our very eyes, try to stay off of it. You don't seem to have
any brains to spare.

Good old Arns and toopid have been becoming more and more nasty with
each passing day. Neither can seem to figure out even the simplest
concepts. And put together, they have a self-awareness rationg of
zero.

Perhaps they were seperated at birth?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Arny Krueger" said:

Harry is out of date. I berate people for buying *any*
CD player, given that DVD players are so good at such
low prices.

You berate people for buying * any* CD player.

So what? No matter how you try to change the subject Sander, I never said
get a DVD player to play CDs even when you have enough working CD players on
hand.

Quote:
Harry is out of date. I berate people for buying *any*
CD player, given that DVD players are so good at such
low prices.

Unquote.

That's what you tried to pretend I said, Sander. Nice job of not
taking responsibility for your scribblings.

You're so special, Arns. Really.
I learned a lot from you, didn't you notice? ;-)

Here's some friendly advice Sander - whatever it is that is rotting your
brain before our very eyes, try to stay off of it. You don't seem to have
any brains to spare.

Enough brains to make it in the audio industry, unlike you.
I know that hurts, I can almost feel your pain.

Some friendly advice, Arny: stay out of the way of your betters, like
in RATubes, RAP, AAPLS and RATech.

Here in RAO, you're still somewhat of a one-eyed king.
Treasure that. I won't stand in your way. ;-)

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Arny Krueger" said:

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message
om
"Arny Krueger" said:

Harry is out of date. I berate people for buying *any*
CD player, given that DVD players are so good at such
low prices.
You berate people for buying * any* CD player.

So what? No matter how you try to change the subject Sander, I never said
get a DVD player to play CDs even when you have enough working CD players on
hand.

Quote: Harry is out of date. I berate people for buying *any*
CD player, given that DVD players are so good at such
low prices.

Unquote.

That's what you tried to pretend I said, Sander. Nice job of not
taking responsibility for your scribblings.

You're so special, Arns. Really.
I learned a lot from you, didn't you notice? ;-)

Sander, I have to agree with good old Arns here. He clearly meant that
Andromeda is the closest star, and that the pressure on you if you
were at the bottom of the Marianas Trench would kill you.

Here's some friendly advice Sander - whatever it is that is rotting your
brain before our very eyes, try to stay off of it. You don't seem to have
any brains to spare.

Enough brains to make it in the audio industry, unlike you.
I know that hurts, I can almost feel your pain.

It'S lIike if you where at the bTTom of the Mary Annas Trech, LoTS!

Some friendly advice, Arny: stay out of the way of your betters, like
in RATubes, RAP, AAPLS and RATech.

If that's the criteria, he can't read email now, either. Nice.

Here in RAO, you're still somewhat of a one-eyed king.
Treasure that. I won't stand in your way. ;-)

deWaalish noted.:-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

The Krooborg pretends to a faulty memory.

Enough brains to make it in the audio industry, unlike
you.

???????????????

Don't try lying about what we all know to be true, Turdy. You are not
involved in the audio industry in any way, shape, or form. You can't be
because you don't have the skills. You couldn't even get a job as a tech in
a repair shop.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Arny Krueger" said:

Here's some friendly advice Sander - whatever it is that
is rotting your brain before our very eyes, try to stay
off of it. You don't seem to have any brains to spare.

Enough brains to make it in the audio industry, unlike
you.

???????????????

Forgot how to use Goggle ©, just plain lying, or a brain dead,
Alzheimers-suffering imbecile? ;-)

See my reply in RATubes.

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Arny Krueger" said:

Here's some friendly advice Sander - whatever it is
that is rotting your brain before our very eyes, try
to stay off of it. You don't seem to have any brains
to spare.

Enough brains to make it in the audio industry, unlike
you.

???????????????

Forgot how to use Goggle ©, just plain lying, or a brain
dead, Alzheimers-suffering imbecile? ;-)

See my reply in RATubes.

Just a bunch of unsubstiantiated claims.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

"Arny Krueger" said:

Here's some friendly advice Sander - whatever it is
that is rotting your brain before our very eyes, try
to stay off of it. You don't seem to have any brains
to spare.

Enough brains to make it in the audio industry, unlike
you.

Forgot how to use Goggle ©, just plain lying, or a brain
dead, Alzheimers-suffering imbecile? ;-)

See my reply in RATubes.

Just a bunch of unsubstiantiated claims.

LOL

Just the right note of self-parody, congrats!

Stephen