John P

Default Crossover efficiency - passive vs active.

Hi,

I'm been wondering about this for a few days and hopefully someone can here
can help me out.

Just from a theoretical point of view, I'm interested in the difference
between active and passive crossovers.

I know that active crossover will produce a better sounding, more controlled
and efficient setup but todate I only know this from experience.

I'm assuming 2 things...

The lower current levels in an active device mean that there is less wastage
due to heating etc.

The lower current means that better quality components can be used as the
cost in trying to keep them running at high currents ceases to apply.

I'd like to know if there is anymore to it and if anyone could estimate how
much power a passive crossover is losing?

Thanks
John P.

efficiency?

--