Geoff Wood

Default Stereo imaging comes from...where?

Codifus wrote:

is very very subjective. I've known lots of people who claim they're
into stereos, and from 2 seconds of me walking by their system to
instantly hear that their speakers are wired out of phase, that tells
me otherwise.

That's odd, because it's pretty obvious to most here that yours certainly
were at one point.

geoff

Geoff Wood

cyrus wrote:

It's funny that so many people are worried about buying expensive
audio gear when the weakest link in the chain is attached to the
sides of every human's head.

]

WRONG ! There is in many cases a far weaker link between those organs.

geoff

cyrus

In article ,
"Geoff Wood" -nospam wrote:

cyrus wrote:

It's funny that so many people are worried about buying expensive
audio gear when the weakest link in the chain is attached to the
sides of every human's head.

]

WRONG ! There is in many cases a far weaker link between those organs.

geoff

hehe Or the grey matter, I agree.

--
cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

Colin B.

Codifus wrote:
Colin B. wrote:
Codifus wrote:

OK, you're going to get a LOT of flak on this one. Let me point out a
few obvious points.

Flak from you.

Please don't argue with physics if you don't understand the subject.

I'm not arguing with physics. I was stating why Densen's reasoning was
beleivable in my view.

That is because you're understanding of physics is wrong. Just because
electricity and magnetism are interrelated doesn't magically create some
way of building up a static magnetic field in nonmagnetic materials,
which is EXACTLY what would have to happen for this thing to work as
you understand it.

Besides, I wasn't wrong about the relationship
between electricity and magnetism, was I?

You weren't wrong in claiming that it exists. You're wrong in your
understanding of it.

that magnetism wasn't involved in this issue, and that's
completely wrong. Anywhere there's electricity, there's magnetism. You
don't need to be Einstein to understand that basic law.

Unfortunately, you don't understand this "law" at all, certainly not why
it's irrelevant.

In other words, all of the differences, while very real, have occurred
between your eardrum and your brain.

No, the differences aren't in my head. Like I said earlier, the
difference was very apparent the 1st time I used it. After that, what it
was doing was probably much harder to detect, simply because I did not
let my system stay so long without running it. And yes, imaging is very
very subjective. I've known lots of people who claim they're into
stereos, and from 2 seconds of me walking by their system to instantly
hear that their speakers are wired out of phase, that tells me otherwise.

Heh. Anyone who CAN'T tell that their speakers are out of phase is in
trouble, audibly speaking. Amazingly, it's also trivial to (a) measure
the phase and (b)explain why it makes a difference.

Go ahead and be a cynic if it works for you.

In the absence of facts or plausible explanation, I will, thank you.

In a controlled environment, I'm sure the results would be even more
apparent, but you don't need to go that far.

We disagree on this one, but it would be an interesting experiment. I'd
be willing to wager a decent power amplifier that the differences would
disappear in a controlled environment.