Sanitarium

Default Beginner Audio Question

I'm gonna go out on a limb here...

Ive been completely impressed with the Legacy 6.5" midbasses I added to
my doors. They can take a lot of power, and really project midbass
tones. I was playing around with them and ran a low pass active
crossover on them set to 125Hz and was very surprised at how well they
handled the low freq power. I was powering them with 75 watts each
(hifonics VIII Odin) and getting rear license plate rattles on Mike
Portnoy's kick drum. They are substantially larger than the infinity
6.5" midbass I was using previously, and I had to enlargen the hole cut
out accordingly.

Best of all, they were $10 per pair on E-bay. IF I dont like em or fry
em, out they go. At $5 each its no big deal.

IMHO you should demo some of the other speakers as well, heck for the
price...

Heres some pics:

http://images.ofoto.com/photos419/4/...3405_0_ALB.jpg
http://images.ofoto.com/photos419/4/...3405_0_ALB.jpg

Garrett

FSUguy wrote:

I'm looking for a cheap set of 6x9's that would give out a good sound. I
want a lot of bass (to offset what seem to be tweeters - Pioneer TS-G4647
4x6's) and some good midrange too (unless you can't get both). Any
suggestions? Thanks.
-Ben

--
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
http://garnet.acns.fsu.edu/~bdw9714

Knoll

$10 bucks
sounds good to me.