Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Skype over a PA and huge screen

Poster wrote:

I have been asked to facilitate a Skype connection at an event
featuring a PA system and a large screen with projector in a venue
for 250 people.

[snippage grande]

make a test setup and test it.

Poster

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W[_3_] Phil W[_3_] is offline

Peter Larsen:
Poster wrote:

I have been asked to facilitate a Skype connection at an event
featuring a PA system and a large screen with projector in a venue
for 250 people.

[snippage grande]

make a test setup and test it.

Yep, best way to check it out.

Skype does accept all (line) inputs and outputs available to the OS - at
least the Windows version, though the Mac version should be able to do the
same...
I use it only for text chat and do not have a webcam or microphone connected
to my PC, so I don´t really have experiences how good the echo cancellation
works.

By principle. the setup you describe, should work. Now go and try, how good
it works on the big system... there´s no other way to get in the ballpark of
being a little more sure, if it works. ;-)

Good luck,

Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Webb[_3_] Richard Webb[_3_] is offline

On Mon 2011-Sep-19 12:29, Peter Larsen writes:

Poster wrote:

I have been asked to facilitate a Skype connection at an event
featuring a PA system and a large screen with projector in a venue
for 250 people.

make a test setup and test it.

I'd suggest that even if you think you've got all the ducks
in a row. HOw will the famous dignitary attending via
remote by listening? YOu will need to create a mix minus
for him too. Mr. Dorsey steered you right on this one,
along with good transformer isolation between computer and
console. YOu can maybe use an aux send for a mix minus, if
you have one. You'll also want to be able to monitor it.

Regards,
Richard
--
| Remove .my.foot for email
| via Waldo's Place USA Fidonet-Internet Gateway Site
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Poster Poster is offline

make a test setup and test it.

I was planning to do that - it's the best advice. Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Poster Poster is offline

Skype does accept all (line) inputs and outputs available to the OS

Ok, thanks. Computer i used for a quick test appears not to have a line in
(the actual gig will be done on another computer, running windows)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Poster Poster is offline

HOw will the famous dignitary attending via
remote by listening? YOu will need to create a mix minus

That's what the idea of line in connected to aux is all about

YOu can maybe use an aux send for a mix minus, if
you have one. You'll also want to be able to monitor it.

I suddenly remembered that i have a portable mixer lying around so i'll
bring that and Y the mic cables for presenter and q&a mics to that.
I can connect a headphone to it for monitoring mr. famous' feed. I guess it
will make my life a lot simpler - the house tech told me all auxes on the
foh console will probably be used for monitors on stage.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Poster" wrote in
message ...
Skype does accept all (line) inputs and outputs available to the OS

Ok, thanks. Computer i used for a quick test appears not to have a line in
(the actual gig will be done on another computer, running windows)

Many laptops lack a line in. Sometimes the jack marked "mic" will change
into a line in if you plug a line level source into it.

Other times, you get a USB audio interface like the $29.95 Behringer UCA
202, and it gives you two good usable line ins, two good usable line outs,
and a headphone jack.

Conference mic for Skype Jerry[_4_] Pro Audio 10 June 11th 10 03:57 PM
skype mic vs. pre-amp mic ? Eddy Audio Opinions 0 June 16th 07 04:40 PM
New call recorder for IMs(Gtalk, Skype, Msn, Yim, QQ, AIM) [email protected] Pro Audio 0 April 27th 06 08:00 AM
Skype Michael McKelvy Audio Opinions 1 February 15th 05 10:39 PM
huge WMA > huge WAV > Split wav to 5 minute segments automatically Thomas Miller Pro Audio 8 October 31st 04 04:54 PM