Posted to rec.audio.pro
Erhy Erhy is offline

Default Overdriven audio of Music while hearing with a PC

Hello,

in a record which has many acclamations in the media,
I feel that the audio is overdriven.

I use the Logitech Z-4 2.1 Speaker System with my PC.

?What devices are useful for my Windows PC
to have more fun while hearing music?

If I lower the level of the record with Audacity it sounds pretty.

Here an audio snippet:
http://www.bergbaumuseum-gruenbach.a...6,06-11,05.mp3

Thank you for your comments
Erhy

PS.
This post means the same I wrote in German with subject €śMit PC Audio hören€ť

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:56:30 +0200, "Erhy" erhard _ glueck _
wrote:

Hello,

in a record which has many acclamations in the media,
I feel that the audio is overdriven.

I use the Logitech Z-4 2.1 Speaker System with my PC.

?What devices are useful for my Windows PC
to have more fun while hearing music?

If I lower the level of the record with Audacity it sounds pretty.

Here an audio snippet:
http://www.bergbaumuseum-gruenbach.a...6,06-11,05.mp3

Thank you for your comments
Erhy

PS.
This post means the same I wrote in German with subject €śMit PC Audio hören€ť

There is nothing overdriven there. The problem is presumably with the
speaker system. Far better really to plug the PC into a real Hi Fi,
rather then computer speakers. you get much more pleasant results.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Erhy erhard _ glueck _ wrote:
in a record which has many acclamations in the media,
I feel that the audio is overdriven.

I use the Logitech Z-4 2.1 Speaker System with my PC.

I think that is some of your problem. You might consider investing in good
speakers.

Here an audio snippet:
http://www.bergbaumuseum-gruenbach.a...6,06-11,05.mp3

Thank you for your comments

I mostly hear odd buzzing artifacts from the lossy compression on that.
It cuts off too early for me to be able to hear the reverb tail.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Erhy wrote:
Hello,

in a record which has many acclamations in the media,
I feel that the audio is overdriven.

I use the Logitech Z-4 2.1 Speaker System with my PC.

Say no more !

?What devices are useful for my Windows PC
to have more fun while hearing music?

This device (suite of devices) can hugely enhance the enjoyment of music and
other activities on you computer...

http://www.welookdoyou.com/fufme/index.shtml.html

If I lower the level of the record with Audacity it sounds pretty.

Maybe you are clipping the input. Turn it down more often for an enhanced
listening experience.

geoff"

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Scott Dorsey wrote:
Erhy erhard _ glueck _ wrote:
in a record which has many acclamations in the media,
I feel that the audio is overdriven.

I use the Logitech Z-4 2.1 Speaker System with my PC.

I think that is some of your problem. You might consider investing
in good speakers.

Here an audio snippet:
http://www.bergbaumuseum-gruenbach.a...6,06-11,05.mp3

Thank you for your comments

I mostly hear odd buzzing artifacts from the lossy compression on
that.
It cuts off too early for me to be able to hear the reverb tail.
--scott

Yes, for an enhanced listening experience, don't list to MP3s on toy
computer speakers. In fact don't listen to MP3s at all, or at least choose
higher-spec ones.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Erhy Erhy is offline

"Peter Larsen" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
k...

Erhy wrote:

Hello,

in a record which has many acclamations in the media,
I feel that the audio is overdriven.

I use the Logitech Z-4 2.1 Speaker System with my PC.

?What devices are useful for my Windows PC
to have more fun while hearing music?

If I lower the level of the record with Audacity it sounds pretty.

Not the way to do it, fix your player settings.

Here an audio snippet:
http://www.bergbaumuseum-gruenbach.a...6,06-11,05.mp3

On one of my computers I have to set VLC player to play back video-sound
at 16% to prevent clipping, there seems to be added digital '"we know
best" gain somewhere in the sound card setup.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Peter and more - Thanks for your answers !

I use an onboard Audio Chip (SoundMAX ADI AD1986A) and
I don't find a menu for such adjustments.

Perhaps someone knows software to influence
the arbitrary adjustments of gain.

Erhy
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah[_4_] Tobiah[_4_] is offline

On 09/15/2011 07:56 AM, Erhy wrote:
Hello,

in a record which has many acclamations in the media,
I feel that the audio is overdriven.

I use the Logitech Z-4 2.1 Speaker System with my PC.

?What devices are useful for my Windows PC
to have more fun while hearing music?

If I lower the level of the record with Audacity it sounds pretty.

Here an audio snippet:
http://www.bergbaumuseum-gruenbach.a...6,06-11,05.mp3

Thank you for your comments
Erhy

PS.
This post means the same I wrote in German with subject €śMit PC Audio
hören€ť

Try plugging the speakers into the Line Out of your
sound card instead of the Phones output. If you still
have a problem, right click on the speaker in the system
tray on the task bar, and lower the volume for your device.

Tobiah
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Erhy wrote:

"Peter Larsen" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

On one of my computers I have to set VLC player to play back
video-sound at 16% to prevent clipping, there seems to be added
digital '"we know best" gain somewhere in the sound card setup.

Peter and more - Thanks for your answers !

I use an onboard Audio Chip (SoundMAX ADI AD1986A) and
I don't find a menu for such adjustments.

So you have HP? - the soundmax stuff is in my opinion quite well sounding.

Perhaps someone knows software to influence
the arbitrary adjustments of gain.

Take a good look at "advanced" settings, however my impression is that it is
a property of sound card mixer-software to behave like that. With USB audio
in I did find a setting that added 10 dB gain to whatever came in from an
USB sound card in digital form on a recent "why is this USB grammophone
distorting" troubleshooting for my neighbor.

If there be somebody out there who can see the wisdom of why a digital audio
input should default to having 10 dB gain so sane audio is gravely clipped
please explain.

Erhy

Kind regards

Peter Larsen