Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] dh7132REMOVE@comcast.net is offline

Default Schematic for Studio Projects LSD2

Looking for a schematic for the LSD2 which is, as far as I know,
two-C3's. So a C3 schematic might work for me.

Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
Looking for a schematic for the LSD2 which is, as far as I know,
two-C3's. So a C3 schematic might work for me.

I think you're going to have to draw it out yourself, but I bet it's
not much different than the usual Feilo transformer-output designs.

I don't know if that one has a dc-dc converter in it or not but you
can just sort of thing of that as being an individual block that you
don't need to look inside unless it's broken.

There isn't a whole lot inside these things, you can take a multimeter on
the continuity beep function and draw everything out in a pretty short time.

In a lot of cases, the US importers don't even have the schematics for them,
or they have schematics that are several revisions behind the actual
production.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On 9/29/2011 10:08 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

I think you're going to have to draw it out yourself, but I bet it's
not much different than the usual Feilo transformer-output designs.

I don't know if that one has a dc-dc converter in it or not but you
can just sort of thing of that as being an individual block that you
don't need to look inside unless it's broken.

No output transformer, and yes it has a DC-DC converter,
which puts out about 120 volts. It was broken in my LSD-2.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Mike Rivers wrote:
On 9/29/2011 10:08 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

I think you're going to have to draw it out yourself, but I bet it's
not much different than the usual Feilo transformer-output designs.

I don't know if that one has a dc-dc converter in it or not but you
can just sort of thing of that as being an individual block that you
don't need to look inside unless it's broken.

No output transformer, and yes it has a DC-DC converter,
which puts out about 120 volts. It was broken in my LSD-2.

If it has no output transformer, it's more or less a Schoeps circuit with
the FET floated between the bases of two transistors.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 9/29/2011 3:07 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

If it has no output transformer, it's more or less a Schoeps circuit with
the FET floated between the bases of two transistors.

Eggzackly

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff

Studio Projects - 2 C3's or 1 LSD2? [email protected] Pro Audio 19 November 16th 07 05:50 PM
Studio Projects C1? Phillip Pro Audio 15 February 8th 06 05:44 PM
Anyone used the Studio Projects LSD-2 Mic? Blind Joni Pro Audio 8 November 18th 04 06:24 PM
Studio Projects C1 Mikey G. Pro Audio 3 April 2nd 04 10:22 AM
Tried the Studio Projects C4s? Mike Murphy Pro Audio 2 October 23rd 03 05:07 AM