Posted to rec.audio.pro
gjsmo gjsmo is offline

Default Sampling drums

I have a Pearl Export which is on loan, and I'd like to sample it for
future use - when I get enough money for close-mics on all the drums,
or electronic drums. What's the best way to sample them? I have 2
condensers, and 2 cheap dynamics. They sound pretty good with just a
pair of overheads, but I think they might sound good close-mic'ed.
When I sample them, should I record lots of samples, irregardless of
how good the hit was, or try to get a few "perfect" hits at a few
different volumes?

sampling frequency ryo[_2_] Pro Audio 11 October 2nd 08 06:09 PM
FA:Reel Drums Pro-Tools Edition 23 Sampling CDs and other TM Pro Audio 0 November 5th 05 01:44 AM
Album Release: Head Full Of Drums "Drum The Drums" GEAR LIST Head Full Of Drums Pro Audio 2 June 12th 05 07:19 PM
Sampling Theory dan lavry Pro Audio 74 June 7th 04 11:32 PM
Why 24/96 sampling isn't necessarily better-sounding than 24/44 sampling Arny Krueger Pro Audio 90 November 20th 03 12:40 AM